Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: About trolls on walls, siege towers and ladders.

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: About trolls on walls, siege towers and ladders.

Leo you should contact point blank about this if he really fixed the crashes with ents. Maybe he can help you with the trolls too!

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

A couple of posts said that elephant trolls would run amok. This is true only if they are given the can_run_amok EDU attribute. Sauron and Ents do not have it and do not run amok.

Cavalry and elephants also cannot climb stairs, so they can't get up onto the walls through doorways/towers nor, even worse, exterior stairs that some custom settlements have (e.g. Isengard) which should be no problem for trolls.

Trolls climbing ladders and siege towers is a bit silly but it is the lesser of two evils.

Also, I'm no unit expert but as far as I know elephants/cavalry can't man artillery; Troll Catapult trolls must be infantry. If that's true then you'd end up with some trolls that can climb ladders (catapult trolls) and some that can't (regular trolls).

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    A couple of posts said that elephant trolls would run amok. This is true only if they are given the can_run_amok EDU attribute. Sauron and Ents do not have it and do not run amok.

Cavalry and elephants also cannot climb stairs, so they can't get up onto the walls through doorways/towers nor, even worse, exterior stairs that some custom settlements have (e.g. Isengard) which should be no problem for trolls.

Trolls climbing ladders and siege towers is a bit silly but it is the lesser of two evils.

Also, I'm no unit expert but as far as I know elephants/cavalry can't man artillery; Troll Catapult trolls must be infantry. If that's true then you'd end up with some trolls that can climb ladders (catapult trolls) and some that can't (regular trolls).
    Yes, I would have trolls that could not clib anything (the ordinary ones) and another ones (the catapults ones) that could. But the catapult ones would be very very rare in doing such.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12