Thread: Darthmod+Expanded mod help 83newregions+86factions

Civis

Default Darthmod+Expanded mod help 83newregions+86factions

Iv been trying to make the Expanded mod on steamworkshop compatible with Darthmod but im pretty new with the PFM i just spent the better part of 2 weeks trying different things and play testing it with no luck, If anyone with more experience then me would be willing to help that would be nice the mod adds 83 new regions and 86 new factions so it would be really nice to play without having to sacrifice darthmod improvements.

In the comments we have been discussing possible fixes and iv been trying maybe you can help thank you

Default Re: Darthmod+Expanded mod help 83newregions+86factions

You can't, both mods change the startpos which you can't have 2 mods changing the startpos or editing it at the same time..

unless
    @Uanime can solve it some how.

Civis

Well do you think removing the Darthmod startpos would fix it? or would that cause DMS to crash?

Frodo45127's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Shogun View Post
    You can't, both mods change the startpos which you can't have 2 mods changing the startpos or editing it at the same time..

unless
    @Uanime can solve it some how.
    Mmmm.... darthmod doesn't change the startpos (at least the minimal version). I don't know what other files change the expanded map but, at least, they should work.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo45127 View Post
    Mmmm.... darthmod doesn't change the startpos (at least the minimal version). I don't know what other files change the expanded map but, at least, they should work.
    Yeah, i was thinking he was with all the mod features.. which do inculde i think the startpos editing, but if its in minimal then it should work..

The best way to do, is uninstall darthmod and reinstall it or uninstall expanded and reinstall it.

Civis

@Lord Shogun Does it make a difference which is installed first? or wouldnt i still have the same problem?

Quote Originally Posted by sickNsane View Post
    @Lord Shogun Does it make a difference which is installed first? or wouldnt i still have the same problem?
    Well when you first have darthmod, i suggest getting off steam and not off this website.

The difference is that Darthmod is a great overhaul and improvement mod which may sometimes overwrite the startpos, meaning that expanded cannot work and will cause crashes.

The darthmod at the workshop is both Minimal[Compitable with Expanded] and Maximum[Uncompitable, Uses 12 turns per a year]

I'll link you to the darthmod at the workshop minimal

Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=100460420

But first of all uninstall the current darthmod and install it from there.

Then enter the game with expanded and darthmod and tell me if theres any issues.