Thread: how about galleon and fluyt?

Default how about galleon and fluyt?

first I would like to thank the developer of the mod. I love it very much.

However, I have a question here. are galleon and fluyt removed completely from the mod?

Default Re: how about galleon and fluyt?

Yes they are. They were completely misplaced for the game period. Fluyt would be fine for 17.century game, but not for 18.century, as well as Large Galleon. While Spanish still used term Galleon, these ships were looking more like 4th rate Ships of the Line anyway.

Old ships were also removed from Pirates for one main reason - Caribbean area was quite hostile to wooden hulls, practically no ship could stay there for long. usually any Caribbean ship would be not suitable to sail after just 10 years, which means no such old vessel would survive long enough in those waters to be still afloat.. it was also the main reason why a lot of Pirates switched ships constantly, as it was just impossible to repair their ships. For example Blackbeard captured large 40gun French Frigate, but he abandoned it in favour of recently captured merchant vessel, as Frigate was serving in Caribbean for several years and its bottom was badly affected..