Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rome Pictures & Videos Thread

Default Rome Pictures & Videos Thread

Submit your fan made videos and screenshots here. General discussion is about discussing the RTW game not for posting videos & pics, so everyone should post their videos and pics in this thread only. Otherwise it would get merged here.

You're free to create your own thread gallery in Screenshot Galleries, Picture of the Week, and Video Competitions sub-forum and maybe participate in monthly and weekly competitions to win rewards from TW community.
    Last edited by Ishan; November 30, 2013 at 08:59 PM.

Default Let's Play Rome Total War (Original one) Julii Campaign

Hello everyone! Now I have heard a lot about Total War games but had never actually played them before so I bought Rome Total War to see what all the fuss is about and I loved it! So I thought I'd post a Let's Play video so you guys can enjoy the experience with me Here is the link.

Like I said earlier, I have never actually played Total War games before so I will be learning as I go along Please enjoy the video.
    Last edited by Ishan; November 30, 2013 at 09:01 PM. Reason: YT tag added

Default Check out these Rome Total War online commentary games - Fans of 31K

Hey guys

Hope you are all well.

I used to play Rome Total War a lot many years ago. About 2 years ago I got back into the game after watching videos on youtube.
    After watching other peoples videos for years I have now decided to put out my own videos. I have checked this board, trying to find the correct area to post videos - I am sorry if I have placed this thread in the wrong area!

Video #001

Video #002

Let me know what you guys think

Default Some exciting and unusual RTW multiplayer battes ...Both old and new.

HELLO ALL
    My RTW name is _SPARTAN_COMMANDER_ ,and i have been playing Rome Total War since it first came out over twelve years ago ,i am also a member of the Brotherhood clan thought to be the most senior long lasting clan on RTW ,over the years i have accumulated a lot of great saved battles ,and i thought you might like to have a look at some of our exciting and interesting multiplayer battles ,your thoughts and analysis of the battles VERY welcome.

HERE IS POSSIBLE THE OLDEST RTW MULTIPLAYER BATTLE ON YOUTUBE..

https://youtu.be/MgdMg4HkkrI

HERE IS A MULTIPLAYER BATTLE FROM JUST OVER A YEAR AGO ,THE BROTHERHOOD VERSES THE MIGHTY COR CLAN.

https://youtu.be/xVn0amlkKqE

AND HERE IS A MODERN MULTIPLAYER BATTLE ONLY FOUGHT A FEW WEEKS AGO.

https://youtu.be/ayfDTFU7F1Y

HELLO EVERY ONE
    Here is a great 4v4 LARGE battle featuring a good mix of Factions ,which consists of GREEK CITIES ,CARTHAGE ,SELEUCID ,EGYPT ,SCYTHIA ,and ROME ,see the aggressive attacking tactics of both teams ,and the great counter attacks to ,see my experimental Scythian army try and counter an Egyptian skirmish army ,this Egyptian skirmish army has been used by several RTW players and has proved to have been VERY successful ,so i decided to try and build an army that might be able to counter this army ,see how it does . And would you have done anything different in this battle ?
    Your opinion and thoughts on this battle very welcome , this is the 191 BH Utube battle ,what do you think of the make up of the armies in this battle ? ,i hope you enjoy the battle ,and new subscribers are always welcome to our Brotherhood Utube battle channel.

https://youtu.be/eGhmuJ7oyA0

Sorry about this but the link did not seem to work for this battle ,here is a another link to this great battle.

https://youtu.be/eGhmuJ7oyA0
    Last edited by lolIsuck; April 26, 2016 at 12:49 PM. Reason: posts merged

Default Brotherhood youtube multiplayer battle 192(see the unusual faction unit selections)

HI ALL
    Here is BH YouTube battle 192 ,this battle features ,MACEDON ,SELEUCID ,GERMANIA , PONTUS ,and ROME factions , see them all in action ,see the unusual army builds ,see how aggressive the enemy team is right from the beginning ,see if the Germania generals tactical gamble pays off with his unusual army unit selection .

We hope you enjoy this battle ,your thoughts and feed back always welcome ,and is there anything different you would have done in this battle ?

https://youtu.be/XMaweaodsZg

Default Brotherhood multiplayer 4V4 large battle 193 (see what you think ?)

HELLO EVERY ONE
    Here is BH YouTube battle 193 ,its a great example of Germania and Rome in a well timed well coordinated attack ,and how devastating an attack like this can be ,even on prepared enemy troops , see my very old Germanium army in action on the modern day battlefield ,this battle was fought 2 to 3 years ago.

Your thoughts and analysis of the battle very welcome ,and what would you have done as the enemy team against a combined Rome and Germanium attack ?. I hope you enjoy the battle.

https://youtu.be/VX7OeHc0ujQ

Default AN INTERESTING 4V4 MULTIPLAYER BATTLE FEATURING GERMANIA AND ROME.

HELLO EVERY ONE
    Here is BH YouTube battle 193 ,its a great example of Germania and Rome in a well timed well coordinated attack ,and how devastating an attack like this can be ,even on prepared enemy troops , see my very old Germanium army in action on the modern day battlefield ,this battle was fought 2 to 3 years ago.

Your thoughts and analysis of the battle very welcome ,and what would you have done as the enemy team against a combined Rome and Germanium attack ?. I hope you enjoy the battle.

https://youtu.be/VX7OeHc0ujQ

Default Re: AN INTERESTING 4V4 MULTIPLAYER BATTLE FEATURING GERMANIA AND ROME.

The SPQR army should have waited for the Macedon pikeline to form up..
    Running his pikeline all the way from their right flank to their left flank would have put a big dent in their effectiveness later one, fatigue-wise.
    However, since they stood still there for so long, they are "fresh" again when your right flank Julii engages their left flank Scipii. Your right flank Julii might have been better off attacking a bit sooner there. With his cav to flank, since your enemies' SPQR cav and Macedon cav were busy elsewhere.
    But eventually when you charge in, your alies' cav follows (straight into the pikes though..).
    Your middle Julii ally comes a bit late to the party, after the superblob already smashed their troops. Not liking the over-blobbing there btw. Completely overkill and it leaves your other flank a bit weak, as well as the middle ground. -- Not much of an issue at all after this mass rout, just saying you weakened your left flank and your enemies should have exploited this.

I think the biggest mistake your enemies made lies with the SPQR player acting alone, too fast and too soon, not allowing proper positioning of the long range Cretans to effectively snipe down your and your allies' troops. Maybe a communication issue there.

HI SKIZZY
    Thanks very much for your thoughts and analysis of the battle ,i think watching the battle replay over again all your observations were correct ,but i think the mass rout was what we were after there ,your other points are very valid, but i think the strategy and tactic for our team was a mass hit on one part of there line ,just to hopefully get the mass rout going ,and i guess in that respect the tactic was successful , i hope you enjoyed watching the battle ,and thanks again for your comments.

Oh the mass rout was certainly very effective!
    Just think the Julii player that joined in on the mass blob last should have kept his troops on the middle & left flank just in case your enemy would abuse the weakness there.

Default A 3V3 LARGE RTW BATTLE ,WITH INTERESTING FACTIONS AND ARMY BUILDS.

HELLO EVERY ONE
    Here is Brotherhood YouTube battle 194 ,its an interesting and exciting 3v3 LARGE 31k battle , featuring a good mix of factions including Pontus ,Macedon ,Germania and Rome ,ALSO see the unusual army builds by a couple of the Generals in this battle ,see the aggressive attacking tactic against our right flank ,about half way through this battle see who you think is going to win.
    As always your thoughts ,analysis and opinion on the battle very welcome ,its always good to get a bit of feed back on our battle,is there anything you would have done differently in this battle ?, i hope you enjoy the battle.

https://youtu.be/_3UU1X_f-Lg

Laetus

Default Re: A 3V3 LARGE RTW BATTLE ,WITH INTERESTING FACTIONS AND ARMY BUILDS.

I don't really like high budget fights but it was very interesting to watch! I would have done the same with your cav, going for the archers with your cav while attacking the inf. tho, as the Germanic faction (18:45) I would have brought my 'normal' inf to fight the macedons head on with the SPQR's. While moving my nightraiders and bersekers to they rear and charge them in their backs. In this battle I also saw the efficiency of chariot troops, might start to use them myself .

To break pikes I always use the same tactic. Last time I fought Silver schield pikes with my pharaoh guards (very long vs long spears) on a bridge, I put my pharaoh guards out of phalanx mode and just move them forward so they move inbetween the pikes and close the distance to man to man, then I put them back to phalanx mode, deleting the silvershield 'very long' pike advantage. It's the same thing I use while playing the romans, at some point it's a man to man fight where the pikes drop their pikes and move over to a sword fight, where the romans win.

Good commentary, well analysed, very fun to watch! subscribed.

Default Re: A 3V3 LARGE RTW BATTLE ,WITH INTERESTING FACTIONS AND ARMY BUILDS.

HI Nikolai25
    Thanks very much for you analysis and thoughts on the battle ,when ever i watch a replay of a battle i was in, i always see things i could have done differently ,and i guess a lot of us are like that ,its always great to get some feed back on our battles ,and i am glad you enjoyed the battle ,our RTW Brotherhood clan started our BH YouTube battle channel nearly 3 years ago now ,and to our amazement we have 194 great battles on our channel and nearly 31.000 views to ,not bad for such an old game !! , i am glad you enjoyed the battle ,thanks for your praise on the way we commentate on our BH Utube battles .AND thanks very much for subscribing ,now you wont miss any of the action in our future battles.

Thanks again for your comments.

Default ANY SUGGESTIONS ON GETTING MORE VIEWS FOR OUR RTW MULTIPLAYER YOUTUBE BATTLES ?

HELLO EVERY ONE
    My RTW name is _SPARTAN_COMMANDER_ and i have been playing Rome Total War since it first came out ,i am also a member of the RTW Brotherhood clan ,thought to be the most senior long lasting clan on RTW ,nearly three years ago we started our BH multiplayer YouTube battle channel ,and now have 194 battles on our channel, all with good commentaries ,and nearly 31.000 total views ,not to bad for such an old game ,we always seem to get good reviews of our battles ,and i think and hope over the years these battle videos have helped to keep people interested in playing RTW ,and we are kind of doing our best to try and keep RTW interesting to both old and new players alike.

We post our battle videos withing the RTW community ,including several RTW clans web sites ,Total war centre ,Total war forum ,discussions in steam , BUT i think if more people got to watch great video battles from RTW ,it would get even more people interested in playing it ,it might be an old game ,but we think its still a great game ,so if we can get maybe people who might be interested in ancient warfare to watch some great battle from RTW ,this may be the thing that gets them to give RTW a try.

So i just wondered does any one have any ideas on what sites we might be able to post our RTW multiplayer YouTube battle videos ,i think all of us on here know how good RTW is ,i think the problem is its just making more people aware of how good RTW is ,and a good way of doing that is to post some great RTW battles on other sites that we have not tried yet ,to kind of broaden the amount of people who can see how good RTW can be ,here is a link to our BH battle channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5_...cwLFb24S6rCTIg.

So any other sites that you could suggest that we might be able to post our YouTube battles on ,would be greatly appreciated ,and maybe getting Rome Total War to bigger audiences ,may well help in increasing the numbers that play RTW ,and help to keep interest in RTW going.

Thanks for your time.

Default Re: ANY SUGGESTIONS ON GETTING MORE VIEWS FOR OUR RTW MULTIPLAYER YOUTUBE BATTLES ?

My advice:
    1. Go easy on the caps when making a new thread.
    2. Upload the replays themselves somewhere (without any commentary) so people can look around for themselves in each match, now we're dependent on what parts of the battles interest you the most. Instead of being able to find other great plays elsewhere during a battle.
    3. Play different setups and strategies, instead of the mass-spam of Roman factions in almost every battle.
    4. Keep promoting your battles on the multitude of websites concerning RTW, like you recently started doing here.
    5. Maybe get PixelatedApollo to comment on one of your battles, or maybe to fight in one.. His TW-channel seems to be doing quite well. Some PR never hurts.

Otherwise, keep uploading battles to YT and cheers!

Default Re: ANY SUGGESTIONS ON GETTING MORE VIEWS FOR OUR RTW MULTIPLAYER YOUTUBE BATTLES ?

HI SKIZZY
    Thanks very much for your suggestions and help in trying to get RTW to wider audiences ,i know RTW is now over 12 years old , and to a lot of computer game players the look of a game ,how good the graphics are, is very important ,well of course 12 year old graphics do look dated ,BUT i think the game play in RTW is really good and very advanced for its time ,so maybe if new players gave it a try, they may find that beyond the look of 12 year old graphics ,they enjoy the game play ? ,thanks very much again for your ideas .

I still really enjoy RTW after 10years.
    And I think it's graphics aren't that bad either actually, considering the game sometimes has to load in 10k troops into one battle.
    And since I also play minecraft, it shows that graphics don't mean that much to me anyways, this is the same for a lot of people.. :p

Default A 4V4 LARGE BATTLE ON THE PRIPPET MARSHES (whats your opinion of this battle)

HI EVERY ONE
    Here is a great 4v4 Large battle, fought on the Prippet Marshes map , instead of the usual flat featherless map ,this battle was only fought about 3 months ago ,there is a good mix of factions including MACEDON ,GREEK CITIES ,CARTHAGE ,BRITANNIA ,and ROME ,see this battle fought in a wooded area ,lots of great movement both attacking and defense .

<b class="Bold">THE ENEMY TEAM....</b>
    OTD COPSMAN (Germania) ,BH MYSTIQUE (Macedon) ,KILLA (Greek Cities) ,BH KAL (Rome Brutii)

OUR TEAM..
    BH UTHER (Britannia) ,BH LIONDWARF (Julii Rome) ,BH CONAN (Julii Rome) BH SPARTAN COMMANDER (Carthage)

As always your thoughts ,Analysis and opinion on the battle very welcome ,AND we hope you enjoy the battle ,IF you do please subscribe to our channel ,its always great getting new subscribers ,and you will be automatically informed when the next battle is ready to watch.

https://youtu.be/N0EIyhi1I9g

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: [RTW] Fan made videos & screenshots

Thread re-opened; please use this thread exclusively to post Fan made videos and pictures (included those in link form) for Rome:Total War

I merged in here several posts (above)
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast