Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Middle-Earth Project- A Crusader Kings 2 Mod

Feanaro Curufinwe's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: The Middle-Earth Project- A Crusader Kings 2 Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar109 View Post
    I don't know, considering the amount of focus Tolkien put on lineage in his universe and various events such as the sundering of Arnor and the Kin Strife I always thought CK2 was the best Paradox game one could make a Tolkien mod out of. I just don't think the timeline they've decided to focus on is the best. During the War of the Ring all the aspects which would make CK2 a good fit are almost nonexistent.
    That was what I said to the team, but they are too far in the War of the Ring Bookmark to pull back. Anyway, unlike Total War, Paradox Grand Strategy games have always had a capability for multiple starting dates.
    It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it.
    Proud supporter and fan of Fourth Age: Total War

Senator

I'm just waiting for 'Sam has mysteriously died and is no longer your steward.'

Feanaro Curufinwe's Avatar Primicerius

Diary #3 - The Greatest Kingdom of Men

Hello everybody! I think you already understand what's the purpose of this diary, by reading the title... So yes, i'll talk a little about Gondor, and particularly about Gondor political organization. Gondor is the biggest kingdom in West of Middle-Earth, at the beginning of the War of the Ring. Ruled by men, descendants of Numenor, it's the more prestigious and powerful kingdom of the Free Peoples. But when the War of the Rings begins, Gondor is less powerful than before, and there's no King at his head. The Steward family ruled the kingdom during centuries, and the last heirs of the crown are somewhere in the North, into the ruins of Arnor. Maybe a small map of Gondor should show you all of that:

Well, As you can see, Gondor is a huge kingdom, with more than 100 provinces. It's an empire title, with several kingdoms under: Anorien, Anfalas, Dol Amroth, Lamedon, Lebennin, Pinnath Gelin, Andrast, and some several duchies, like Mornan and Royal Demesne.

There are some another kingdom into the "de jure" empire, like Ithilien at the Mordor frontier, Druwaith Iaur at North West of the White Mountains, and Harondor at south of Anduin. But at this time, Gondor is attacked, and these regions aren't ruled by the Kingdom.

As I told you, there's no King, but a Steward. At the beginning of the War of the Rings, it's Denethor II, of the house of Hurin of Emyn Arnen. So, if you play with him, you're not the King, but the Steward, and you've got a titular empire title, and not the De-jure one. Some events should restore the Kings line, and you should become a Prince or Governor, it won't be so bad. But be careful, and don't claim the title of King of Gondor for you if you're not the heir of Isildur, or your vassals would be a little... rebellious!
    There's some important characters in the family of the Stewardenethor II, who holds the Palantir of Minas Anor and the Scepter of the Stewards, Boromir, Captain-General of Gondor who holds the Horn of Gondor, and Faramir, Captain of the Rangers of Ithilien.

As you can see, the Rangers of Ithilien really exist. We use the mercenary mechanics to let them alive, even if the Principality of Ithilien fell down. In the next diary, I'll show you more countries of Gondor, with a focus on Dol Amroth, and maybe some other things!

It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it.
    Proud supporter and fan of Fourth Age: Total War

You guys should have a forum of your own just like the guys from AGOT and EK. also i have a problem seeing the pictures can anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by bontanel View Post
    You guys should have a forum of your own just like the guys from AGOT and EK. also i have a problem seeing the pictures can anyone help?
    This.

Also; Beta's been released.

Very fun, though it's obviouslt not finished, hopefully there will be a "Rebuild Osgiliath/Fornost/Amon Sul/XYZ" and an overhauled building system.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Further discussions are redirected here

CLOSED

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12