Thread: Temples

Default Temples

I'm somewhat confused as to the purposes of temples now, in RTR PE 1.7...

They seem to have those additional effects for governors, if the description is accurate (and if I'm assuming correctly) - but all the bonuses above the descriptions are exactly the same. Am I missing something here? I thought about modding the expor_descr_buildings.txt...but I am confused as to whether this is intended, or incomplete.

And I'm also concerned as to the Post-Marian Roman units...are they present, or am I also missing something here? Thanks.
    Last edited by Kaidonni; September 27, 2006 at 03:44 PM.

Default Re: Temples

Don't want to sound angry here, or rude...but anyone? Please...simple question...I don't want to get started playing and find I really am missing something. These days my patience with RTW is thin, and I was counting on this mod to help keep it alive for me...but I can't play it without knowing whether the temple bonuses are messed up or not, and without knowing if the Romans get Post-Marian troops (can't tell from in-game - not many units to support the idea, but would many be AoR? What).

If someone could please help...

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I think its good that they have same bonuses so you don't really have to choose for a certain city a temple that suits it and your needs.
    So no temple is better or worse than the other one.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Yes the Romans have Post Marian troops, called Legionairs, there's also the eagle carrying ones, and roman skirmishers. As far as temples go, working as intended I think. The whole thing of them giving armor or weapon bonuses or experience bonuses that they did in Vanilla RTW was totally unrealistic.

Thanks. And to think, I was about to (and did start, but didn't bother saving) mod the files...LOL!