View Poll Results: What Is Your Favorite EB2 Faction? (Public / Multiple Votes)

Voters
178. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aedui

8 4.49%
  • Arche Seleukeia

28 15.73%
  • Areuakoi

11 6.18%
  • Arverni

11 6.18%
  • Baktria

34 19.10%
  • Boii

16 8.99%
  • Epeiros

10 5.62%
  • Getai

19 10.67%
  • Hayasdan

11 6.18%
  • Kimmeros Bosporos

24 13.48%
  • Koinon Hellenon

26 14.61%
  • Lugiones

8 4.49%
  • Lusotannan

8 4.49%
  • Makedonia

24 13.48%
  • Malkuta Nabata

4 2.25%
  • Massylia

12 6.74%
  • Pahlava

17 9.55%
  • Pergamon

28 15.73%
  • Pontus

18 10.11%
  • Pritanoi

11 6.18%
  • Ptolemaioi

9 5.06%
  • Qarthadastim

22 12.36%
  • Romani

56 31.46%
  • Saka Rauka

14 7.87%
  • Sauromatae

7 3.93%
  • Saba

10 5.62%
  • Sweboz

21 11.80%
  • Taksashila

21 11.80%
  • Occultush

6 3.37%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What EB2 Faction Do You Like The Most?

Default Re: What EB2 Faction Do You Like The Most?

Makedonia! (I'll get to vote eventually!)

I vote Boii, after that I'd go with Arverni. I always like to play with the underdog if you will. I also love their style of warfare and my favorite game on EB 1 was with Arverni, I used to have specific armies comprised of different tribes for instance the Caturige, If I had a few units of them I'd have to have a Caturige general leading them lol. I'd still be playing that game now if it wasn't for the CTD's.

Ragox's Avatar Foederatus

Hetman Khmelnytsky's Avatar Senator

All of em!

Let me guess why so many people voted for Pergamon

Because of the Pergamon altar eh?

I like Pergamon (my favorite RTR VII faction), Pontus (fun campaign in eb 1), Pritanoi (i loved the Casse in EB 1), Saba (unique starting position/I like being isolated), and Bosporos (see Saba)

West_Side's Avatar Foederatus

Numidia, for sure. Gonna get some serious skirmishing on the go.

Pergamon kind of fascinates me, further of course Baktria, Karthadastim, taksashila and romani

Team Sleep's Avatar Semisalis

There are 30 factions. So I thought it only right to choose at least 3. In order:

1) Pritanoi: Start off isolated and slow w/ a booming economy. Unique units. Land on the mainland and grab a foothold on a continent at war with itself.

2) Kimmeros Bosporos: Just something about the thrill on commanding those heavy archers behind a wall of phalanx while sweeping the rear and flanks of your enemies with skilled horse archers.

3) All of them: I really really really...tried to choose a 3rd. But they all seem awesome. It will be an impulse decision when the time comes.

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

How can we know since we haven't played it yet? Not that I doubt EB2...

Voted for Taksashila, Lugiones and Saka-Rauka. The first two are new exotic cultures located in interesting areas of the map. And I like Steppe nomads also: Sauromatae have a better position to expand anywhere on the map, but Saka-Rauka had the better units in EB1 (Heavier Cavalry plus Indo-Scythian units including Elephants) - hence my vote went to them.

But the choice is a hard one; nearly all factions are likeable. I loved Hayasdan with their Neo-Achaemenid touch and two reforms in EB1, Sab'yn with their weak units against the mighty Diadochi, and the Sweboz should be interesting this time with more eastern european factions. Koinon Hellenon with the Agoge-system and far away cities joining my confederation is also quite challenging as well as recreating the two emerging superpowers - Rome and Pahlava. And of course holding together the existing superpower Arche Seleukeia.
    Last edited by Xerrop; March 08, 2014 at 02:58 AM.

Pontus - great position for building an empire
    and to be subjective... another option would be the Getai, because of my loyalty to the ancestors of the land I live.

Ethiopia.

Civis

.............. Thracian !!!!

Koinon Hellenon (am I really the first one to mention them)?

When playing historical strategy games, I always gravitate towards the older factions, the ones that once were great, but start the game teetering on the brink of extermination when faced with younger factions better-fit to cope with the times. I get the thrill of reviving an old empire and of creating a new one myself. And all the while, I can tell myself that, even if I lose, it's no worse than history.

The Koinon Hellenon were frustrating as hell to play in EBI - no long spears, most units almost identical to each other - but I found myself preferring that style to the more balanced ones. M2TW got me too used to killing the AI with cavalry and archers and just treating my infantry as a wall for the "sexier" units to dance around. EB and the Hellenes taught me to appreciate the simple things about forming a wall and bashing your way to a hard-fought victory, rather than just expecting another 6:1 or better kill ratio regardless of the circumstances. Koinon Hellenon taught me patience, and to enjoy the little things.

That said, just ONE sarissa-armed native regiment would be nice.
    Last edited by temp9982; March 09, 2014 at 01:19 PM.

There was a sarissa armed unit available to the KH. It just needed a reform

Quote Originally Posted by TLG View Post
    There was a sarissa armed unit available to the KH. It just needed a reform
    Yeah, I'd read there was a unit. Never figured out how to get the reform, but then, my games usually didn't last that long. EB was fun to play for a few dozen turns, but given the impossibility of the diplomacy system, once I grew big enough that I bordered (and thus was in a constant state of war with) three or more countries, the game just bogged down. I never felt like attempting a world conquest, just seemed too far-fetched and arcade-y for a mod otherwise built on realism.

One reason I'm very eager for EBII. M2TW should be able to provide the kind of solid gameplay that won't torpedo the wonderful depth and beauty of the mod.

Well, I need to play the factions to say which is my favourite, and I have never played EB, so it's hard for me to vote. But I can say which factions I prefer the most due to their history: 1° - Koinon Hellenon, because I love Ancient Greece, specially Athens; 2° - Rome, because it's Rome!

Samraat Mahendra Maurya's Avatar Campidoctor

Takashilla FTW

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast