Thread: Chrysalis

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Default Chrysalis

Just noting that yesterday my (probably) best-ever until now published story appeared in a printed magazine.

They had three typographical errors, two of which are insignificant, but the other is quite bad (instead of zoe, only an e appears; zoe=life). I suppose those that in 8 pages of a story this is not that bad anyway...

The story is titled Chrysalis, and is about someone thinking he saw a butterfly building up its own chrysalis, ie something impossible. Soon after he suffers a major nervous break-down, and the story begins with him in a hospital bed.

I think that along with another recently published story by myself, it is my better work that has already seen the light of publicity. The magazine is one of the main athenian ones, not that old (this is its 35th issue, and iirc it always was a tri-monthly edition), but quite established.

The story is possibly my darkest printed one, along with a much older publication.

It marks the 21st already printed story, and currently it seems i have three more done deals for 3 other stories to be published. It's ok i guess, but no book still although i am in perpetual talks for one
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Default Re: Chrysalis

Yet, you would have thought all this success would have given you the confidence to write "i" with a capital letter!
    Bodes well!

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Chrysalis

Thanks

It's a language thing, in Greek you don't write "ego" with a capital "e", so i don't tend to write "i" in this way either...
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC