Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Assassin's Creed Movie (2016)

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Assassin's Creed Movie (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    That line seems to imply that he will join the Spanish Inquisition? Otherwise it makes no sense at all.
    He's infiltrating it.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

How? Is he a member of the clergy?

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Hate being right sometimes..
    Last edited by Påsan; December 19, 2016 at 03:33 PM.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I'll still wait and see.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Blog Entries

Saw it today.

(Shameless plug for my review in the Helios)

Overall, it was far from the worst movie I have ever seen. I liked it enough to want a sequel. I just wish it could have been better.

It's also very unclear whether this is set in the same universe as the games or a new story and that is kind of my biggest issue with it.

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

We all know that you are a die-hard AC fan, but this won't change the fact that the movie is simply terrible.

Blog Entries

And we also know that you hate anything and everything Ubisoft, no matter its quality. So you will forgive me if I ignore anything you say about any of their products, I am sure.

--

The movie is okay. If you are a fan of the series, see it. If not, I still recommend it, if perhaps only through a rental in a few months.

I wouldn't be upset over opinions Chris. I saw the movie and I thought it was okay. I liked it, but I'm not a film critic. I had to have the brilliance of Nolan films broken down to me and serve on a platter to understand it. The AC movie entertained me, and I think its worth a download/blu-ray purchase.

Patrician

Forgot to share my opinion after I saw it last year. Eh it was okay, ending sucked. The whole "secret society for world domination" was not a big enough element. Movie seems to forget that it was the point of the whole story so it shoved it into the last 20 minutes or so but didn't actually resolve or answer that massive plot point.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

That's because it was an end result that was more a shock thing for those who were getting introduced to it through the movie. It was sort of like the first game where one doesn't really know it's about taking over the world until...well...the end. For the movie a lot of the viewers this would be their first experience. Where they were convincing Callum to literally go through Aguillar's memories leading up to where the Apple was stored. But by then he'd learned what the Assassins and Templars were through the memories and he'd picked his side from that.

Also, if you read the emails and files in Assassin's Creed: Origins, that device they used for him to literally relive the memories and in effect speed up the Bleeding was the Animus 4.3, and nicknamed the Aerie. The movie is pretty much canon.

Layla Hassan, the present-day character of Origins and Odyssey that is an Abstergo Foundation employee that uses the HR-8 and HR-8.5, a portable and travel friendly version of the large, feature-heavy, and power-heavy Animuses of previous games. And she uses them on-site where she conducts the archaeology. A pretty interesting difference from the past games where they'd kidnap someone, drag them into a lab, record everything he experiences, and go out and dig from that.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

I know i watched this movie way back, when it came out, but i dont remember it now.

I have a vague idea and images, and that's it.

I recall being quite mediocre and apparently quite forgettable.

I loved watching the long chase, the long run, and the last long fight in the past. They gave it just enough serious story to connect it, but they knew they were making a popcorn conspiracy movie and accepted it. Just like the games. It just wasn't 20-40 hours worth of story. It was two hours. Fun trivia. The movie currently holds the record for highest stunt jump. For the stuntman who did the leap of faith. He literally did that.

One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Blog Entries

I enjoyed it for what it was...Good fighting, chases, and acting from the main actors. They were just kind of sold out on a mostly uninteresting story.

Also until Origins it was unknown whether the movie was canon or not and I'm still...iffy on that. But whatever...Ubi hardly cares anymore anyway about consistency so...

In the end it was enjoyable...I am still hoping for a sequel one day

Patrician

The Animus machine thing wasn't as bad as people were claiming. He moved while inside the Animus... oh well.

Blog Entries

I mean...it would have been far, FAR worse if they had just shown him in the chair like Animus 1.0 or the Assassin's version of the Animus.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
    and I'm still...iffy on that.
    Stop being iffy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    The Animus machine thing wasn't as bad as people were claiming. He moved while inside the Animus... oh well.
    And it basically showed a company's continued research. What, was Abstergo going to make the Animus 1.0, the Assassin's rip it off, and then just stop? Nah, they kept engineering more.

I mean, they updated it to the Animus Console that we see in Assassin's Creed 4, allowing anybody to view anybody else's DNA history. They just kept going and the 4.3 allowed the user to physically relive the memories.
    Last edited by Gaidin; October 19, 2018 at 09:50 AM.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Blog Entries

No I remember the connections from Origins to the movie.

What I am iffy about is the story. Templars haven't been using Animus for a few years, they were no longer interested in the Apples (and the movie implied tehre was only one), etc.

Other than that I'm happy to see the movie be canonized.

Looking at the wiki, based on all the hidden history from the games(all those picture puzzles from games like AC2 and AC:Brotherhood), they never lost interest. They just couldn't find them. They'd been used by both sides to various effect for many different things over the years. There's nine that the series(movie included) as a whole goes into any wide range of detail on, another four that only pieces of trivia are known about. One of those thirteen is destroyed in the DIA Satellite Incident. This forces all the drama about the games and film with the Templar tracking down another Apple.

Aside: Over something like seventeen games considered some level of canon and a movie, they're not quite tracking the Apples well, because the Apple destroyed in the DIA Incident is the one they found after the incident after kidnapping Desmond Miles and tracking Altair through him. Fun little timeline error there.
    Last edited by Gaidin; October 21, 2018 at 09:57 AM.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Patrician

I wouldn't know, I'm not an Assassin's Creed fan.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456