Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Assassin's Creed Movie (2016)

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Assassin's Creed Movie In-Production and Confirms Michael Fassbender as Desmond Miles to be Released on 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee View Post
    God this is gonna be lame

What makes you think that? It's an original story, with a well known and critically acclaimed leading actor, produced by the same company that made the actual game franchise. I can see no negatives so far.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Assassin's Creed Movie In-Production and Confirms Michael Fassbender as Desmond Miles to be Released on 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    What makes you think that? It's an original story, with a well known and critically acclaimed leading actor, produced by the same company that made the actual game franchise. I can see no negatives so far.
    Really that depends on how much scifi they force into it.

I reckon there'll be a lot of stupid scifi for the same reason the modern day part was included into AC in the first place; the publishers didn't think a completely historical game would sell.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

historical movi from 15th century Spain. Could be good. Although the costume looks a bit wierd. Not really capturing the feel of the 15th century. But I guess he's an assasin. As long as everything else looks good I would not mind.

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Assassin's Creed Movie (2016)

Wow, this is going to be amazing. What a cast. Good location. Hopefully the writing will be good.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Meelis13's Avatar You fight like a cow!
    Citizen

I hope this wont be a flop, but video game movies have rarely been even watchable (i think most consider Tomb Raider movies best video game ones). Still, if they do anything in line of AC: Lineage it should be at least watchable.
    But then again, like someone said- there was time when nobody tought good comic book movie was possible, but now look at Marvel and Batman movies duking eachother for first place in most viewed movies. If someone can get video game movie formula right, it'll be fantastic.
    Heidinn veor- dark age mod for M2TW now recruiting scripter/coder

As video game movies goes, probably more intersted in that War Craft movie then this at the moment.

Love Fassbender and all, but that isnt enough to make a good movie. I seen him in lesser movies before. And this doesnt look that amazing to me.

We will see if this is another video game movie bitting the dust or not. I think this and War Craft is an oportunity for this "genre" ( its not realy a Genre but whataver) to gain credibility.

Citizen

I doubt Warcraft is going to be any good at all. I predict its going to suck and flop.

Blog Entries

Maybe, but I will go see it just to see Ragnar in it.

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Citizen

I might go see it as well and hopefully be positively surprised. It is going to be a lot of action regardless so probably worth the money. I'm not really a warcraft fan (it's basically a bastardised warhammer universe which itself is a LotR adaption) but I'm certainly a fantasy and action fan.

It's based on warcraft 1 right? The only one I played was warcraft 3 which was very good.
    Last edited by Påsan; August 30, 2015 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    I doubt Warcraft is going to be any good at all. I predict its going to suck and flop.
    You know i dont realy give a rats ass if it flops or not. Among my favorite cinema isnt even blockbusters to begin with. That said, I realy hope it doesnt suck.

It's based on warcraft 1 right? The only one I played was warcraft 3 which was very good.
    The only warcrafts i played were the strategy ones. 1, 2 ( was great) and 3 as well.
    never played WoW.

From what i understand is based on the universe. It isnt based in a specific title. That would be weird, and probably wouldnt work. Imo.

Btw warcraft one... oh the nostalgia....
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

About Lord of the rings inspiration, well every classical fantasy today as something from it. Game of Thrones for instance... It is writen in the classical tolkien manner. POV character and story etc.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; August 30, 2015 at 10:57 PM.

Citizen

Its Warhammer with a slightly different name and a watered-down world.

Anyway this assasins creed movie have the potential to break the curse of video-game movies. It depends on how they do it, and for me the autensety of everything as well. I can handle video games being gamey but movies better get everything right, or at least belivable. I do not want another three musketeers movie and neither do anyone else.

Meelis13's Avatar You fight like a cow!
    Citizen

warcraft movie wont work- at least i have serious doubts of that. Though strategy game (to me, warcraft is still RTS).. Not done much to my knowledge and i do see it as one of most likely genres to have proper movie
    Assassin's creed might work, though to stay true, they'd have to somehow balance out modern and historical stories (especially considering only historical movie would be quite hard to be proper AC- though possible)- not an easy task, though if they go with Lineage-styled approach its doable

for what games would have movie base- thats quite hard to say, as some games have enough story to go full-blown triology (Beyond: two souls is first that pop ups to my mind), while some have enough story to fit episode of TV series (max payne). Also, gameplay should leave plenty room for movie to interpret. That leaves story heavy games (excluding already mentioned, i can think of Life is Strange and Mass Effect triology (latter can actually have full triology and more, as universe is rich enough)), open world games (AC is one of them for sure, but GTA-s (excluding VC due to it being based on movie itself), Mafias and why not even Fallout are good too) or RTS (granted, not every RTS as i dont see movie based on Age of Empires or Total war game, but some RTS have decent enough story. One such is command & conquer, now exactly 20 years old- however Kucan MUST play Kane if they are gonna do this)
    Heidinn veor- dark age mod for M2TW now recruiting scripter/coder

I expect this one to be a noble failure, like you know people actually trying to make it good and work with the game lore, story, characters etc.

It won't be one of those head scratchers that make you think "What studio imbecile even greenlighted this?" or "Have the people making this ever even seen this(a) video game?".

Same thing for the Warcraft movie, though I am far far more interested in it, Warcraft trilogy has all the making for a entertaining epic trilogy that might even have some complexity(Humans and Orcs are defined by their individual characters, not by their race *cough*Tolkien*cough*).

Anyway I just wish if they could really downplay or simply not do the stupid every person ever is a Templar/Hasshishin angle, Dan Brown and "history-fanthasy presented as serious" genre were popular ten years a go...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    Who's the idiot that approved that song choice?! I mean, there's a lot of stuff that actually looks good here, but the song just makes everything seem stupid. Someone should make a version of this with different music...
    "Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live." - Mark Twain

"I am against nature. I don't dig nature at all. I think nature is very unnatural. I think the truly natural things are dreams, which nature can't touch with decay." - Bob Dylan

"Faith in God means believing, absolutely, in something with no proof whatsoever. Faith in humanity means believing, absolutely, in something with a huge amount of proof to the contrary. WE are the true believers." - Joss Whedon

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I mean..I get licensed music is cool and all but..couldn't they just have done something with the already excisting AC music? Something, oh I don't know, theme appropriate?

Also, what's with the massive robot arm hanging from the cieling, seems kind of over the top.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

The song itself is theme appropriate, I just hate that they use modern music for what is mostly a period piece. Also, watch all the Spaniards have English accents.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Blog Entries

It's probably to make the animus more exciting for movie watching.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Trailer looks cool and that Abstergo scientist girl is just the right amount of creepy. This can either become a blockbuster or a complete failure
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

The movie seems to take the subject matter of the game seriously, so even if I don't like it I hope it success, so we can finally get good video game adaptations.

Oh and the choreography and the stunt work look amazing, like flawless transition.

I just wonder, isn't Fassbender to old for this role? I assume they have planed a billion sequels.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast