Thread: RS 2.6 editting

Default RS 2.6 editting

Hello,

I want to create a few units, such as Julius Caesar, but I am unsure what files to make changes to besides the following:

Unit_Info folders
    Model_Units

export_descr_units
    export_descr_units_enums
    descr_model_battle
    export_descr_buildings

Beyond that, I'm confused. For instance, the various Play as folders, Post-Marian General, Pre-Marian General, export_descr_units_mp...I am unsure what to do with these. Thanks for any help and suggestions you can offer.

P. Caesar

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: RS 2.6 editting

Various Play folders are for different campaigns.
    Play 1 turn or Play 1 turn Rome are for 1 turn campaigns (only 2 folders). The rest is for 0 turn campaigns (every nation has it 0 turn campaign folder).

Any way to add more chevrons to a unit using the 'export_descr_units' folder? I wanted to give Evocati more experience.... I've already increased cost and defense a bit. I wanted the units to be useful.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Patricus Caesar View Post
    Hello,

I want to create a few units, such as Julius Caesar, but I am unsure what files to make changes to besides the following:

Unit_Info folders
    Model_Units

export_descr_units
    export_descr_units_enums
    descr_model_battle
    export_descr_buildings

Beyond that, I'm confused. For instance, the various Play as folders, Post-Marian General, Pre-Marian General, export_descr_units_mp...I am unsure what to do with these. Thanks for any help and suggestions you can offer.

P. Caesar
    I'm afraid this would be extremely difficult, since RS2 uses all 500 unit slots in all campaigns. You would have to remove several, and that can prove difficult because so many factions share them.

Also, you could create a UNIT named Julius Caesar, but not a character. There would be no point to it.

@ You can change a units experience in EDB.txt in this line:

recruit "insubres infantry" 0 requires factions { barbarian, }

Change the '0' to 1, 2, 3 or whatever.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

I understand that I would have to remove a few slots to create my designated units. I did not understand how I would create a character, but I was just planning to make units off historical figures, such as Caesar, Octavian, Pompey, Labienus, and a few others. But if I made the adjustments, would I basically copy/paste the folder into each of the 0 play folder?