Thread: double units size (Patch 7) - Ships and mount issue

Default double units size (Patch 7) - Ships and mount issue

Hi

I know there are many threads about double unit size, but many threads are old and some are very optimistic, in others i see no hope.

I tried to double the unit size (from 160 men to 320) and got the well known issue with the ships "bug", which contains, that you got 2 ships instead of 1, which carry the 320 men.

After I downloaded a mod from the workshop, which should increase the maximum limit of men, the ships can carry, its still not working the way I (and many others) hoped. From 320 men there are only 200 shown on the ship and also 200 men unload, when the ship is landing.

So to be sure: Is there any possibility or mod, to make it possible, that you can play with double size units, without this "bug" we have with the ships (and also i read about a bug with mounts)? Or do we have for Creative Assembly that they hear our prayers and have grace with us?

Thanks so far and sorry if this is the 100th repost, but at least this post shows again, how much the community wants bigger units.

AB

Default Re: double units size (Patch 7) - Ships and mount issue

The thing with the mounts is that you have to increase them too or you'll end up with two to four men on one horse.

The Naval Combat is already bugged in the vanilla game and increasing unit sizes adds to this as you and I know.

Some modders (like Magnar) got around this by letting naval units unchanged and at their vanilla sizes. If they have to face a transport fleet, naval units will have the upper hand as the transport boats are completely nerfed in this mod.

To make it short, there is no answer to this problem other than auto-resolving naval battles or playing them with artillery ships and to avoid combined coastal battles with naval forces and ground forces as this is the most bugged one.

any news since PAtch 8.1 + new Mod tool?

STELLover's Avatar Senator

Sorry to what I understand this is hardcoded. I have been looking into this issue for several months now. Just don't play with double unit sizes

ROME 2 Mod: More Cities and Settlements on Campaign Map:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=194761024

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Check my or magnar mod,he,magnar find a smart way to fix the issues,some units have one soldier less .

The first step is to get Pack file manager.
    no .2 once you have opened your data rome2.pack folder there are 2 files you will need to edit and they are Land_units_tables and Main_units_tables.
    no.3 open your Land_units_tables file and scroll across to Animals column if you have doubled any animal handler type units you will have to double this one as well.
    no.4 scroll again across to Num_Mounts column you will have to match the number of mounts to the number of troops (when i made my army's bigger i just doubled up.
    no.5 scroll across again to Num_Chariots and change where necessary.

Next is your Main_units_tables file.
    no.1 is Num_men column I doubled up on them makes it easier to remember.
    no.2 scroll across to Max_men_per_ship column and make it the same amount as the men you have edited or just round it off to the highest number of men.

and you are done i hope this helps you. (this was the very first thing i did when i got the game after realizing they took the unit number modifier out.)