Thread: repeating rifles colts revolvers winchesters henry's gattling guns and other weapons of the time

Default repeating rifles colts revolvers winchesters henry's gattling guns and other weapons of the time

will some of these be in the mod and work exactly as they did at the time ?? maybe this mod does it better as fots

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default Re: repeating rifles colts revolvers winchesters henry's gattling guns and other weapons of the time

They will be in the mod yes, whether they will work exactly as historically will depend on the limitations of the game engine. We will do as much as we can.

Artifex

Default Re: repeating rifles colts revolvers winchesters henry's gattling guns and other weapons of the time

Normal weapons like the Dreyse Zündnadelgewehr and the French chassepot should work without problems. Simply add a new model to the game (with socket bayonet) and alter the projectiles table.
    The revolver is tricky though. I still haven't found out how it can shoot 6 times before it has to be reloaded. Maybe it's hardcoded. In that case, enabling it in Empire would be impossible.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

Pazu the Kitsune's Avatar Shopkeeper

Quote Originally Posted by Destin Faroda View Post
    Normal weapons like the Dreyse Zündnadelgewehr and the French chassepot should work without problems. Simply add a new model to the game (with socket bayonet) and alter the projectiles table.
    The revolver is tricky though. I still haven't found out how it can shoot 6 times before it has to be reloaded. Maybe it's hardcoded. In that case, enabling it in Empire would be impossible.
    The Dreyse and Chassepot both have sword bayonets

With the revolvers, we will likely follow the ACW model, which is as far as i know giving it a rate of fire equal to the RPM it could achieve IRL....so instead of a period of rapid fire followed by a period of no fire, its more of a smooth and constant rate of fire, while still having a much faster rate of fire than most single shot rifles of the period

"If you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,"

-First lines to the poem "If-" (by Rudyard Kipling)