I'd say the Czechs (I'm pretty sure it was the Czechs) made some boneheaded decisions as well. I mean, come on, Petr Nedved over Hudler? One of the players was on that team for the simple reason he was the coaches son-in-law.

Yeah.... the thing about that Latvia game as well, was that the Latvian's "out-Canadianed" the Canadians. Every time a Canadian got near the puck, there'd be a Latvian player crashing into him. Exactly what the Canadians did to shut down Ovechkin at the.... 05 World Juniors? Or was it 04? Either way.
I like the Defence for Canada. A lot more than I did a few weeks ago, when they left off Seabrook for Vlasic (Duncan Keith + Brent Seabrook...one of the single best pairings in the world). Beyond Vlasic (I'm harping on that choice, but there are a few other players that could have gone instead of him) and perhaps Hamhuis (who, to be fair has had a number of awesome seasons) I wouldn't leave a single player off that list for Defence. Forwards...is just a cluster of good choices and some stupid choices.

As long as the US aren't any better than Latvia was (), Canada *should* win. Otherwise ...well playing for Bronze isn't something to be really ashamed about. I mean #3 in the world is something to be respected.

Still though. That goalie was outstanding - 55 saves, not all of them were shots from outside. Weber's slapshot is absolutely terrifying, and I have to respect anyone who stands tall against that.