Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ***ATW Crash to Desktop Report (CTD)

Agraes's Avatar Pillar of Prydein

Default ***ATW Crash to Desktop Report (CTD)

A new thread to clear the situation. We are currently dealing with several types of CTD and we would like a lot of people to help.

If you experienced a CTD in Arthurian: Total War, please answer those questions in this thread:

1) Which version of the mod are you running? 0.6, 0.61, 0.62?

2) When did the CTD occured? Precise year and:

- During battle loading
    - After a battle, during the loading of the strategic map
    - When I pressed the "end turn" button (Please indicate the faction turn when it crashed if you noticed it)
    - After seizing a settlement, when clicking on the "Occupy/Enslave/Slaughter" Button
    - Other (precise)

3) What faction were you playing?

4) Is the CTD consistent? (Did it re-happen in the same conditions after loading a savegame?)

5) If it occures after seizing a settlement, when clicking on the "Occupy/Enslave/Slaughter" Button, please reference:

- Name of the city you were besieging
    - Faction you were besieging
    - If there were reinforcements involved or not
    - If the ennemy did sally out
    - Your army composition (or take screenshot)
    - Ennemy army composition (or take screenshot)
    - Did the army leaders were generals or captains? Eventually list their traits (or take screenshot)
    - Did it worked with auto-resolve?
    - List buildings of the city if you can (or take screenshot)
    - Did you suceed taking the town in another way?

Don't hesitate post savegames or screenshots.

Please also note that the Caer Mincip CTD have been sorted.
    Last edited by Agraes; January 08, 2007 at 12:49 AM.

Default Re: ***ATW Crash to Desktop Report (CTD)

Agraes [1] I am running 0.62 ATW as the Angles (Overall Tactics - Expand before Consolidation)
    [2] preceeeding moves 485 Autumn - Elmet take and hold Caer Lin Colum - Elmet forces in area
    - Angles Icel waits to attack CLC so he can join his forces with a new Angle arrival of troops
    best troops are put in Icels force - others sent to Caer Cadwell giving Icel large force.
    485 Winter - Angles under Icel lay siege to Caer Lin Colum - other Elmet forces attack Icel -
    Angles win Clear Victory 1753 men under Icel Vs 940+285+263 men for Elmet
    men remaining----Icel---1143 -------------------108+027+066 men for Elmet
    I then preeed the Exterminate button for Caer Lin Colum and a CTD occured
    I was able to resume the game after the CTD by choosing resume Campaign
    The CTD did not repeat this time and the result was similar but not exact
    Angles win Clear Victory 1753 men under Icel Vs 980+286+263 men for Elmet
    men remaining----Icel---1108 -------------------139+026+000 men for Elmet
    I again Exterminated Caer Lin Colum with no ill effects!
    The game played fine from there on ----I am currently at 488 in winter and have 5 settlements.
    I hope this helps

Great Mod by the way!
    1) Version .62
    2) Year 492AD Summer when I press the End Button I get a CTD.
    3) Playing Ynis Manaw
    4) CTD is consistent, I save the game alot just for this and it seems that the ctd is at this year. I reload and get the ctd on when i press the end button.
    5) I restarted the campaign for this faction and about this time of the year is when I get a CTD.

Update on CTD as of 092906

I deleted and reinstalled everything, .61,.62 and fix and the atw script and still get a CTD while playing YNIS Manaw at date of 492AD summer time. Tried to start from old save date and press end button boom back to desktop.
    Guess until the CTD is fix back to playing something else.
    Last edited by Gatlin01; September 29, 2006 at 09:23 PM.

Ordinarius

1) Which version of the mod are you running? 0.6, 0.61, 0.62?

2) When did the CTD occured? Precise year and:
    - During battle loading
    - After a battle, during the loading of the strategic map
    - When I pressed the "end turn" button (Please indicate the faction turn when it crashed if you noticed it)
    - After seizing a settlement, when clicking on the "Occupy/Enslave/Slaughter" Button
    - Other (precise)

Winter of 481 AD, when pressing the End Turn button. Reached Gododdin faction turn and crashed.

3) What faction were you playing?

Dal Riada.

4) Is the CTD consistent? (Did it re-happen in the same conditions after loading a savegame?)

It is consistent - both after reloading save games and starting new campaigns.

booskbob's Avatar Laetus

1) 0.62 with new script added
    2) when I end turn 0f summer 491 on the Eotenas turn
    3) Dyfeint
    4) 4 times in a row

I can't get past this even without enacting the script.
    Please help, I am having a good campain!
    Last edited by booskbob; September 28, 2006 at 01:47 PM.

edmont's Avatar Miles

I also got constant CTD on Jutes turn played Lydaw

booskbob's Avatar Laetus

This could have already been posted but I could not find it and am tired of looking.
    1. 0.62 with fix
    2. At Angles Ford after the saxon reinforcement try to lift the seige and I kill them all and army in town I am given the three choices for the captured town and it does not mater what I pick it crashes.
    3. Dyfeint
    4. 3 times with the three different choices.

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

wwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaahhhhht???

i'm getting sick of this bug.

it must have something to do with loot calculation

booskbob's Avatar Laetus

2) when I endturn 494 summer on Elmets turn
    3) Dal Riada
    4) with and without enacting the script

We were able to eleminate several bugs. Debugged (hopefully entirely) version is soon to come.

You´re not the only mod with the captured-settlement ctd, Chivalry has it as well, reportedly, though I´ve never encountered it. I think it only happens when the city garrison comes out to reinforce an army that attacks your besieging army and is wiped out (in vanilla RTW and BI that led to an instant capture of the city).
    But if that´s the case (and I have no idea why such a thing might happen in a mod and not vanilla RTW - considering capturing cities the usual way works, or does it?) there´s a workaround you should warn people about, to be careful not to wipe out refinforcements that come from a besieged city. Not perfect, but if no solution can be found...
    Life is a sequence of missed opportunities

Thanks for the information.

The thing is that it apparently didn't appear in 0.6, so we would need to know why it happens sometime and sometime not, in nearly the same circonstances.

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

Post battle CTD: I was Dynfeint and I was fighting the Picts.
    I had an army lead by a single family member. They had an army lead by a captain and a single general as reinforcement.
    Clear victory for me, I killed their leader/reinforcement, a few of their units excaped.
    It came back to the campaign map and foze then crashed.

EDIT: They were attacking me. And no seiges were taking place.

Autocalc no good.

EDIT2: The battle takes place on a tiny pennisula, north the town in the territory that makes up the center of the northeast dragon. Does the retreating defeated armies not know where to retreat to (path finding error)?

EDIT3: I was wrong!!! Autocalc does not produce crash. Unique unrelated crash.
    Last edited by MarcusAureliusAntoninus; October 04, 2006 at 06:54 PM.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

As i got recently post from Agraes, he told me that their is this post battle ctd, and as we have them, too:

Recently, i personally experienced in our current Chiv betatest version, that a formerly firm post battle ctd is solved through a slight map alternation around an isle settlement (Malta, for what i asked our Uranos as test-alternation for a possible pathfinding problem), this would mean a possible AI pathfinding bug is a possible culprit, or it was though (what i told to Agraes as my guess) our alternations with descr_settlement files related to culture/faction settings (any, which have an impact on AI behaviour/ability). So we have at least one of these strange ctd-bugs solved, but i'm still not sure what's the cause of them. Perhaps i have the time to report later, if our current beta test is over, and if we've gotten more firm results.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

I have been messing around wish the crash I got up a couple posts ago, trying to find the source. It was acting really strange. :hmmm: Battle map fighting caused a crash immidiately apon returning to the campaign map. Autocalc and fighting in other locations lead me to have crashes when it got back to my turn (just before). I found this odd so I loaded a few turns back and avoided all fights, still a crash. This brings in to question if any of my crashes concerning that battle, even the immidiate crash were caused by the battle.

Long story short: I have an unexplained crash in AD534 as Dyfnient just before returning to my turn.
    EDIT: Happens if script is off too. And if loading a couple turns back and getting to that point.

booskbob's Avatar Laetus

I played another campain with the Dal Raida and this time made it to 491 when it crashed with or without the script and strangly enough it was on Elmet turn again.

aduellist's Avatar Push the button Max!

1. 0.62 with fix

2. 491 summer, end of turn. Angles are besieging last Elmet settlement, Caer Lerion. Elmet garrison sallies, game CTDs.

3. Rheged

4. Consistent. Cannot proceed with this campaign.

I'd say there's definitely a problem with Elmet, given the number of reports of CTDs during their turn.
    Under the patronage of TheFirstONeill
    Proud team member of
    THERA, A New Beginning

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." H. L. Mencken

"Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one’s thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. It is the right which they first of all strike down." Frederick Douglass

i think the problem is solved. go into bi/data/scripts/show_me open ATW_Campaign with wordpad, replace all entries 'wulfbyrnan' with 'wulfbyrnies' by using the replace function. Should get over 491 this way.

And probably delete map.rwm and restart new campaign too... but it's not 100% sure.

Did that work for anyone? Cause it didn't work for me and now im probably going to have to uninstall this for good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast