Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: New Dev Blogs for Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord

Default Re: New Dev Blogs for Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord

Heh neat. I kind of wonder if I really notice in the midst of battle but it should be interesting if I do. The fact that people are apparently going to be a bit more vocal in battle intrigues me for sure.
    Animations don't look to shabby either. Gets the point across for sure.

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Finally an actual useful blog entry about the game and not some bloody room.

I'm also pretty interested in the facial expressions and excited about them. They should make a big difference in battles.

Five new screenshots from a Turkish site. To be honest, everything there looks quite impressive.

http://www.merlininkazani.com/Mount_...602p1_1.html#1

The only worrying thing is that that website said there won't be any big gameplay change...

See this translation by a guy from Taleworlds: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.p...tml#msg7213402.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Rijul.J.Ballal's Avatar Domesticus

The only worrying thing is that that website said there won't be any big gameplay change...
    Well straying too far away might result in a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelduin View Post

See this translation by a guy from Taleworlds: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.p...tml#msg7213402.
    M&B is one of few games I'm fine without big gameplay changes. Just improving on the last game is good enough.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

And it's true modding is the more important thing. This modding tool seems very promising.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

I wouldn't mind a bit more immersion in Native. A few more things to do would be nice.

I do wonder how accessible the modding will be for this though. Hopefully people like me with very like commitment will be able to do something with it.

No gameplay footage though.

If the game was Office Tour 2014 I'd be so hyped at that info. Seriously they need to put out actual information rather than a video of stuff that can be read elsewhere.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

^ Exactly.... comon who got the bloody idea of having the dev blogs being about the company instead of the game. Makes absolutely no sense, Paradox releases their dev blogs of their games in development such as HoI IV in the same frequency as taleworlds, but the difference is that their Dev blogs are all about the freaking game..
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

I was interested just so I could find out how game development worked. And it explains why it's taking so long, they're taking on interns, university students and people untrained in graphics. That's not something you trumpet from the rooves.

When is game coming out ?

Sounds like they've become a fair bit more ambitious then. I'll be interested on seeing how the Empire plays out.

This developer diary blogpost should have been the inaugural one, but now it doesn't really matter, does it? Most of the factions have already been guessed quite some time ago, even when it comes to their names - Vlandians (Franks?), Aserai (Arabs), Khuzait (Mongols), Battanians (most likely Celts), the Empire (Byzantines) and Sturgians (Vikings, quite a funny name I might add). The information about minor factions wasn't new either, but all in all I'm pleased with what they presented on this occassion.

Probably a day one purchase even though my computer won't be able to handle it properly.

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

I wouldn't be surprised if this game is still not out in a couple of years from now.

My bet is they'll finally release some gameplay footage on the 27th of this month, exactly two years after the official announcement.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

There's the Vlandians, a tribe whose chieftains have become feudal lords and are renowned for their skills as heavy cavalry. There's the Sturgians, who colonized the forests of the north and specialize in axe- and sword-armed footmen. The Aserai live in the scrubland and desert oases of the south and fight on both horseback and foot. The Khuzaits, a steppe tribe that conquered the trading cities of the east, make heavy use of horse archers. The Battanians meanwhile are skilled in exploiting their native woodlands, and are deadly in ambushes, be it a shower of arrows or a screaming charge out of the trees. The Empire has spent generations honing the arts of combined-arms warfare, with cataphracts, spear formations, and archers all doing their part on the battlefield.

Vlandians: Likely franks with a heavy Norman emphasis.

Sturgians: Maybe Vikings, but could really be any Germanic group. If they were "Nords" you'd think they would mention the sea rather than the "forests of the north?"

Aserai: Arabs

Khuzaits: Turks

Battanians: Celtics.

The Empire: Byzantines.

Also Jomsvikings. Lol.

About the Sturgians, they could be some kind of ancestors of the Nords, who colonized parts of Calradia many decades before the general Nord invasion. That's why I think they'll remain a Viking-based faction, much like their counterparts from Warband. Regarding the small (and most probably hireable) faction which will resemble the Jomsviking brotherhood, my opinion is that we are dealing with the infamous Sea Raiders here, this time organized as an efficient mercenary force.