Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: New Dev Blogs for Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord

Default Re: New Dev Blogs for Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord

Maybe the logic is they've never really had to try before. People have always just come to their games.

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Exactly, business is not that simple.

Some fresh info on the game, although not exactly in the form a new official blog entry.

https://www.reddit.com/r/mountandbla..._from_turkish/

Turkish gaming magazine Oyungezer got invited to visit Taleworlds and had a chance to play the game. They made a video about it, obviously the video is in Turkish, so here are some snippets from the video
    (They also have a 6 pages feature in their magazine but I am currently living in UK so I don't have the magazine. If you guys want it I can buy the digital version and translate the important bits.)

• Remember that Witcher 3 gif, with the spinning kid and windmill? Bannerlord maybe doesn't look like graphicly that but the maps feels rich like that.
    • Game world almost four times bigger then the previous game. Map is filled with content and it feels really compact.
    • Seasons go faster then previous games and weather conditions on the world map like snow, visiually effects the battlegrounds.
    • Maps have layers. There are dungeons underground.
    • You can now change the body shape of your character.
    • Swordplay feels more realistic than ever. All the weapons have weight on them and the animations feels more "oomphy".
    • AI Lords can have companions.
    • You can get married and have a child. After you die, you will continue the game as your child.

Epic times ahead.

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Nice ! I love the last point. I dreamed of it but did not expected it to ever happen.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

How will that work if you die without having a child? Can you customise your child? Under what circumstances will you die instead of being captured or knocked out?

It tends to raise a lot of questions.

Rosbjerg's Avatar Tiro

Most likely just a choice via a context menu, only available if you have a kid.

Seljuq Prince's Avatar Civis

A new blog from bannerlord dev team.. Its about overwold map.. https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/14

Oh nice, thanks for sharing.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

some new info at last, thanks
    I suppose with the many new ways of messing with the poor opponent there would be more ways of defending against hostile actions? Like posting guards in villages and establishing patrol routes in your fief

Bannerlords is truly going in the direction of the epic mixture of Crusader Kings, Total War and M&B that so many people dream about. For the record: I don't. But I can see the appeal and it's certainly going to be interesting!
    Chronicles of Cimmeria - A Kimmerios Bosporos AAR (EB2)
    The Age of Peace - A TW: Warhammer Empire AAR
    Blood Red Eagle - The Sons of Lodbrok Invasion of Northumbrialand [complete]
    Machines - A Sci-Fi Short Story [complete]

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I am worried at the pace and speed of development though.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

First post updated. If you guys want to add another translation to the list, give me a sign.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

13 days until a 40 minute gameplay presentation on PC gamer weekend in london.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Seljuq Prince's Avatar Civis

For those who havent seen it.The 30 minute gameplay video from pc-gamer weekend.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

After I saw this video... I really want it!

~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Thanks Nelduin, for keeping us updated.

Watched the #13 battle mode demo (without tone/sound on but) ... were my observations right, that if you as character fall to the enemy, the battle plays on nonetheless to the end outcome?
    Different battle mode design, just a change to Warband's original battle outcome, where the battle is lost then and you just died?
    Am i right? Or fail my memories?
    If so, this change is welcome on my side and would be interested how that goes on afterwards ... insured and have to heal your wounds?
    They didn't show that, or?
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 08, 2016 at 06:46 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Yes you are right, those are some of the many improvements they seem to be doing. Oh, there has been a nice interview between RockPaperShotgun and Armagan Yavuz, CEO and founder of Taleworlds a few days ago. Very interesting, they spoke about modding, IA and many more things.

Original interview: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...ord-interview/

French translation: http://www.mundusbellicus.fr/571026-...ckpapershotgun

They also announced they would be showing off at E3 as well.

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

A demonstration a bit old but unlike the other the sound is good. Enjoy :

I can not wait to play the game. From the videos I feel lie they doing a great job to improve the game. The artistic direction is fantastic.
    Last edited by Anna_Gein; May 30, 2016 at 02:27 PM.