Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: New Dev Blogs for Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord

Default Re: New Dev Blogs for Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord

This looks really really tasty.

Turkeys:well, according to the video they atleast know that it's a highly requested feature and are looking into it (co-op)

Too bad they still don't want to get nailed on a released date

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Awesome. Siege-defense with rock-throwing from above and AI withdrawing from storming the gate. That looked like a real shieldwall vs shieldwall!

If Taleworlds would still improve the animations (combat and riding) towards more realistical shape plus gives AI a tad more re-/active "brain", then it might gonna be the perfect game in this genre.
    Last edited by DaVinci; August 18, 2016 at 06:45 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I haven't been this excited about a game for a long time. this is like total war with the ability to directly control the hero and way, way, waaay better siege battles.

improved graphics(finally modern graphics ), UI, better formations and siege battles, a hell of alot more customization options. oh, horses no longer comes to a complete stop from bumping into soldiers or whatever, a huge annoyance for me in the old game. this is just off the top of my head.

I personally think animations are fine from what is already shown. No idea about the BAI since that is something we all need to experience while playing the game.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

I hate the fact that Taleworlds is still not keen on providing too many details about the game, but at least I do know this company will try to make the best game possible. Day one purchase directly from their site.

Just my two cents: according to the lore, the starting year pre-dates the Nord invasion of Calradia, therefore this faction will not be available at the beginning of the game. According to Armagan Yavuz, the Sturgians are skilled archers but they lack in infantry power, so they could be the Vaegir's ancestors. Something tells me the Nord invasion will occur at a later point in the game; either that or they will be added via DLC. They're simply too essential for these series to be left aside.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

to be honest, if you think the 30 minute video is not enough of a preview, I don't think anything can satisfied you unless you get to play the full game.
    fear is helluva drug
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by MaximinusThrax View Post
    I hate the fact that Taleworlds is still not keen on providing too many details about the game, but at least I do know this company will try to make the best game possible. Day one purchase directly from their site.

Just my two cents: according to the lore, the starting year pre-dates the Nord invasion of Calradia, therefore this faction will not be available at the beginning of the game. According to Armagan Yavuz, the Sturgians are skilled archers but they lack in infantry power, so they could be the Vaegir's ancestors. Something tells me the Nord invasion will occur at a later point in the game; either that or they will be added via DLC. They're simply too essential for these series to be left aside.
    I hope there won't be DLCs like that, because that would interupt ongoing campaigns, i assume.

Very much hope, Bannerlord will be a complete game in itself ... and they shall take all time to finish the design (thus only slipped through bugs get patched up afterwards).
    Last edited by DaVinci; August 28, 2016 at 11:29 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

The latest screenshots look great: http://www.gamestar.de/index.cfm?pid...&fk=132444&i=1

While this is great and all.. Its been 5 years. around every 8 months we get some news. This year has been the worst and best at the same time, as in: Any Bannerlord news is good news. They are horrible with their marketing. Weve gotten one 30 minute video detailing all the features and new content with the campaign sandbox segment and then nothing but battle scenes, it gives off the wrong impression to new players. Again, its been 5 years with 5-8 month gaps of information. They stated back I think it was in 2015 they were aiming for hopefully Bannerlord to be out in "Some Form" late 2016. Its mid 2017 now.

Everyone was expecting release news or even a HINT at what quarter they were planning on releasing Bannerlord. I have seen enough battlefootage and the like. I love it but I want to play it. Theres rumors that there will be more information tonight, as per the post on Reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/mountandbla...nting_at_more/

But this is wishful thinking, seeing Tale Worlds trends of complete silence with their loyal fans and the community... Seems unlikely we will get a release date anytime soon

That said the game looks to be turning out to be THE perfect medieval sandbox game that all the M&B Fans have been waiting for.

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Someone took a screenshot and the release date is slated as 28th of September 2017.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Leandros I View Post
    Someone took a screenshot and the release date is slated as 28th of September 2017.
    What what what ?????

Who ? When ? Where ? How ? Why ? OMG OMG OMG !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anna_Gein View Post
    What what what ?????

Who ? When ? Where ? How ? Why ? OMG OMG OMG !!!
    I believe this is what hes referring to which I also believe is fake

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Too bad. Thanks for the clarification ChewieMuse.

I am trusting only TaleWolrds Entertainment for a date. Even them do not seems to know when the game will be ready.

Quote Originally Posted by ChewieMuse View Post
    While this is great and all.. Its been 5 years. around every 8 months we get some news. This year has been the worst and best at the same time, as in: Any Bannerlord news is good news. They are horrible with their marketing. Weve gotten one 30 minute video detailing all the features and new content with the campaign sandbox segment and then nothing but battle scenes, it gives off the wrong impression to new players. Again, its been 5 years with 5-8 month gaps of information. They stated back I think it was in 2015 they were aiming for hopefully Bannerlord to be out in "Some Form" late 2016. Its mid 2017 now.
    I feel the same way. When the game got its Steam page I thought a release date would be announced short. Or at least TaleWorlds Entertainment would often release news and developer dairies Paradox style. Instead we got nothing except a few pictures for PC Gamers and now two video for the E3.

I do not mind if the game is not released this year per see. I can wait. But usually repeated delay means development is nightmarish and the end product suffers from it. I hope it will not be the case.

Patrician Artifex

Or at least TaleWorlds Entertainment would often release news and developer dairies Paradox style.
    Well, you shouldn't compare these both companies. Paradox is a gigantic games company in comparison, where TaleWorlds is the dwarf.
    Besides human and financial resources, i guess also, the different work/company-lead cultures play kinda role. However, as of yet, TaleWorlds style&focus provided outstanding products.
    Last edited by DaVinci; June 14, 2017 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Well, you shouldn't compare these both companies. Paradox is a gigantic games company in comparison, where TaleWorlds is the dwarf.
    Besides human and financial resources, i guess also, the different work/company-lead cultures play kinda role. However, as of yet, TaleWorlds style&focus provided outstanding products.
    I hope so, that means there's still hope for the company/game.

There's been constant updates for M&B Bannerlord but no release date yet...

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Campidoctor
    Civitate

The newest Dev Blog confirms the addition of camels:

I'm so hyped for Bannerlord .
    But the fact that there isn't a release date yet is making me worry a lot about the development of the game .
    I'm starting to wonder IF they will release it at all....

There's a whole host of details from a blogger named Resonant, who does frequent Bannerlord videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi3...c9sjfl1TzWCWgQ

Bannerlord economy

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

So when would it be out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..