Thread: siege catapult

Default siege catapult

i've been trying this mod, but when i got to use siege catapults, i got some strange glitch

is this suposed to happen? i've retextured the catapult..not tottaly haapy with the result, but, i don't like this glitch...anyway i could solve this? anyone has this same glitch?
    is this solved with 0.44???im still running 0.33
    Last edited by Iberus_generalis; September 26, 2006 at 07:05 AM.

[REL] Ig's Barbarian Culture Texture Pack V1:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...49#post3654949

Default Re: siege catapult

well, since I answered your question at the SCC, ill quote myself here if anyone else is wondering about that:

Everyone does. I believe its due to the fact that ca never released any official tools to mod things like animations. So new animations are difficult to implement, because sometimes they work, and sometimes they dont. So unfortunatley I dont think that is fixed yet...
    and seven posts later:

yes our mod has new animations as well. I dont know much about animations, so I cant say much that I will be 100% sure about. What I do know is that new animations are really hard to implement so that they work like they were made to. For example the Lordz have plenty of new animations in NTW2, but they have left out many others (that you can see in their preview movies) because they did not work properly after being exported from 3ds max by the community made export tool. If CA would have released an official export tool(s) many things would have been easier, animations being one of them. Another thing that I'm pretty sure of is that there are no new skeletons. Maybe you can change around the position of the bones of the vanilla skeltons, but you cannot create completely new ones. Thats why fantasy mods were/are quite limited, since they cannont create a creature with say... 8 legs, unless 4 of them didnt move.

I dont know what exactly our particular problem is. Whether its due to the fact that we dont know how to do it, or that we just dont have time to mess around with it, I cannot say. But there are many other aspects that have a much higher priority, and I think we can all live with that ugly animation..... catapults arent that good for much anyways.....

hope that clears things up.
    Chivalry - Total War I Settlement Plans and Buildings Dev...
    and Public Relations person, pm me with any specific questions concerning the mod...

Consilium Belli member

under the patronage of Sétanta