Thread: AI issues in v1.7 BETA

SnArF|D's Avatar Semisalis

Default AI issues in v1.7 BETA

I just played a couple turns of a campaign and everything is awesome, except for the AI. Just getting 3-4 infantry units into a single line formation can be a hassle. The units get stuck in a bunch attempting to make there way towards there designated spot in the formation. Getting calvary to halt or stop is difficult also, as they will still charge, even after frantically hitting the halt button.

I hope this is fixed in the final v1.7 release, because it is extremely annoying, especially dureing bigger battles.
    Last edited by SnArF|D; September 26, 2006 at 01:32 AM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: AI issues in v1.7 BETA

Well, the bunching up of the units will happen if you give them the single line command while they are not moving. I give them the command and then sent them a little distance, that way they don't bunch up.
    No idea why your cav is not stopping, but if you click on the card and then right click somewhere on the map immediately follwed by backspace that should solve the problem.

Default Re: AI issues in v1.7 BETA

Um, the RTRPE 1.7beta didn't change anything at all that would have effected what your are describing. So, whatever weirdness you're experiencing would have been regular RTRPE, too.

But, the unit bunching was in vanilla RTW, too. You need to either put your guys into a group, and then move them, or, select them and use the alt-right click move command.