Page 4 of 180 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954104 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide et Impera (Divide & Rule) - Main Thread

biohazardcake's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Divide Et Impera (Divide And Conquer)

Good. I will try it again once you update, and good luck this could be very promising.

Good luck, this looks very nice, but I am interested when you say factions will be unique, agents revamped, etc, what do you mean exactly?

And also what units are added?

mr.blonde's Avatar Tiro

Woot i am so happy that i deicided to halt my campaigning with the release of patch 7. And also happy that at last we have some teaming of talented modders for decent R2 overhauls in the spirit of great Rome 1 mods.
    Small notice/suggestion, in future version please include some of Dresdens work aka the loot/sack/liberate options or starting positions of Carthage and Egypt at least. 2TPY also sounds the best setting.
    Anyway real feedback after i do some campaigning. Keep it up guys.

ps. Also i hope that soon this mod get his own subforum.

Walk softly and carry a big gun

And will u be able to fix the problem with the AI recruitment?? I like the idea of 2 turns for recruit some units but i have read that its hard to mod the AI movement behavior

Update 0.1b:

- Resolved problem of Javelins/Pila being too powerful when used from flanks or behind
    - Reworked the mod as a 2tpy one instead of 4tpy
    - Lowered unit recruitment times to 1 in almost all cases, apart very elite units
    - Reworked some caps for more balance
    - Added caps to artillery of 1 per army (per type) and increased recruit time for them to 2
    - Resolved bug with Carthaginian Noble Cavalry not having the correct mounts

For the texture problems we will make an update shortly. Thank all the users for the great feedback and I'm really sorry for the problems with Pila that caused imbalance.

This is the new update (will post the full one in the main thread when also the texture part is done):
    http://www.mediafire.com/?n8404nz8fa271f4

Quote Originally Posted by Cochus1 View Post
    And will u be able to fix the problem with the AI recruitment?? I like the idea of 2 turns for recruit some units but i have read that its hard to mod the AI movement behavior
    Let's see how the AI behaves now. Practically only a handful of units have 2 turns recruitment times.

If this is still a problem for the AI, however, the only solution is to put all units to 1 turn. However it is strange that the AI cannot cope well with it since also in vanilla there are some units with 2 turns, especially on naval units.

4tpy is the way to go, now your General just dies as fast. and yeah you need to wait a bit longer so does the AI but that makes battles mutch more inportant! AND ITS NEED TO BE BALANCED its just the first version. i hope you make also a 4tpy version. i have seen 12tpy mod high rated

Civis

Something I'm working on which might go be a nice addition for DEI once it's done

With capping artillery and the mod beign based on historics, are you going to remove seige from barbarians?
    4tpy and 12tpy r not needed, its over kill. General's come and go, armies stay. Revamp the army skills and don't get too close to ur generals, they will last almost 90turns anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by foxhole View Post
    Another little bug: in custom battle the roman syrian aux archers have a cantarabian circle ability! Without horses it is a very weird to see them.
    Thanks for letting me know.

I will fix the bug immediately. Just download the above pack again in about 30 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by jamiedp88 View Post
    With capping artillery and the mod beign based on historics, are you going to remove seige from barbarians?
    I would like to, but first I must do some tests to see:

A) how the AI behaves
    B) if it is feasible for the player to just steal artillery for those factions and not being able to build them.
    Last edited by Selea; November 20, 2013 at 06:41 AM.

jamie whats the point to chance its when there is no chance really it just make no sense.

but yeah you also want wat if armies so yea

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Pee_Alot View Post
    4tpy is the way to go, now your General just dies as fast. and yeah you need to wait a bit longer so does the AI but that makes battles mutch more inportant! AND ITS NEED TO BE BALANCED its just the first version. i hope you make also a 4tpy version. i have seen 12tpy mod high rated
    I'm actually thinking of going the middle ground and set to 3tpy. Maybe it's the best balance all in all.

As for the recruitment times of units: I would like very much to have them increased since it adds a lot of tactic to the game (along the decreased campaign movement) but if the AI cannot cope with it properly I cannot put something that will cause problems to unit recruitment of the AI (that's already poor to begin with).

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Pee_Alot View Post
    jamie whats the point to chance its when there is no chance really it just make no sense.

but yeah you also want wat if armies so yea
    There are many other changes apart recruitment times. Campaign movement is reduced (and varied depending on type of unit) and technology/building etc. are all increased so also without proper increased recruitment time (but there's still replenishment rate that's reduced) there is a lot about strategy and planning already.

As I said I did put the increased recruitment because it would have been very good but if the AI cannot cope with it properly how do you think I can add it? Think about it, would you like to fight the AI that has no armies or very poor ones just to have increased recruitment time for yourself?

What I don't understand however it this: many people also here used Hegemonia that increases the recruit times in the same way and yet I didn't found the thing mentioned in that mod or I would have known it.
    Last edited by Selea; November 20, 2013 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Selea View Post
    There are many other changes apart recruitment times. Campaign movement is reduced (and varied depending on type of unit) and technology/building etc. are all increased so also without proper increased recruitment time (but there's still replenishment rate that's reduced) there is a lot about strategy and planning already.

As I said I did put the increased recruitment because it would have been very good but if the AI cannot cope with it properly how do you think I can add it? Think about it, would you like to fight the AI that has no armies or very poor ones just to have increased recruitment time for yourself?

What I don't understand however it this: many people also here used Hegemonia that increases the recruit times in the same way and yet I didn't found the thing mentioned in that mod or I would have known it.
    Not sure if I'm mistaken but Roman armies turned to navies (via merchant ships) retained their vanilla campaign speeds and i was able to get my armies way further then my navies could hope to reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Selea View Post

I think 3 TPY i a good compromise, 12 TPY is really to much and the game would lose its flow.
    As long as building, movment and so on are matched with the 3 TPY-system i think it is best idea. I dont know why some people here are so much against increased recuitment times, its a major strategic factor.
    On the other hand should the AI be able to handle this feature. (It is insignificant when i need long to recruit elite troops, but never have the risk of losing them bacause the AI cant handle it)
    Last edited by PumkinKing; November 20, 2013 at 07:26 AM.

Ok, I'm preparing two versions, one with 2tpy and one with 4tpy (but both will have the same army recruitment times so as to not cause problems to the AI).

It will be you, the users, to tell us which of the two you prefer. A poll will be made shortly where you will be able to tell us what you think iDeI should go with.

I'm preparing the uploads now, will be ready shortly (I fixed also a couple of bugs while I was there).

Another sugestion to include in this mod to stop the unrealistic wall destruction using balistas and onagers would be greatly increase the walls hp but not the towers so balistas and onagers can be used to destroy towers and kill units on the wall but not to open a passage on the wall, and the way to invade would be by the gate and using siege equip making siege battles a lot more epic and hard.

Add the option for 3 turns per year in the poll too.

Quote Originally Posted by PumkinKing View Post
    I think 3 TPY i a good compromise, 12 TPY is really to much and the game would lose its flow.
    As long as building, movment and so on are matched with the 3 TPY-system i think it is best idea. I dont know why some people here are so much against increased recuitment times, its a major strategic factor.
    On the other hand should the AI be able to handle this feature. (It is insignificant when i need long to recruit elite troops, but never have the risk of losing them bacause the AI cant handle it)
    I thought about 3tpy but really it's a strange system and it's more problematic in other aspects than 2tpy or 4tpy. The fact is that if you like more 2tpy then 3tpy will be anyway be too much (because the times are all in all very similar to 4tpy as length, so if you dislike more time you will dislike 3tpy as you will dislike 4tpy) and for campaign movement etc. it's the in-between line that doesn't make you do things well. For users that instead like a more slower pace the 3tpy version is still not good enough.

So, imo it's better to just have a poll and let users decide if they prefer more 2tpy or 4tpy. I sincerely like much more 4tpy since tactically is the much better version, but I understand that if users prefer a quick run it can not be their cup of tea.

Still a version must be decided so democracy will win.
    Last edited by Selea; November 20, 2013 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaios View Post
    Another sugestion to include in this mod to stop the unrealistic wall destruction using balistas and onagers would be greatly increase the walls hp but not the towers so balistas and onagers can be used to destroy towers and kill units on the wall but not to open a passage on the wall, and the way to invade would be by the gate and using siege equip making siege battles a lot more epic and hard.

Add the option for 3 turns per year in the poll too.
    Also this I already know and planned to include (it's also easy a change to do) but the problem is always the damn AI.

Already now siege AI is completely and utterly nonexistent with walls of paper, what would it happen if you increase the time a wall comes down to realistic levels? The AI will much probably simply stop to bring down the gate and focus on the torches, hence destroying even the minimal chance of attacking the walls.

I will have to test properly if the AI can cope with more HP walls and not just become even worse than it's now.

The problem is always the same: it's not what I would like to add, but what I can add. Many mods simply change things and then don't care but sincerely I don't want to go on that route.