Page 1 of 180 12345678910112651101 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide et Impera (Divide & Rule) - Main Thread

Default Divide et Impera (Divide & Rule) - Main Thread

Divide et Impera is a total overhaul of Rome 2 that seeks to provide a challenging, historically authentic, realistic experience of the ancient world and warfare.

This is an old thread. Please see the other resources in our forums for help/comments.
    DeI Forums -- DeI Download Thread -- DeI Manuals -- Bug Reports
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Introduction and General Goals
    Welcome to the Divide et Impera forums. For various links, faction previews and general information, please see our Forum Map.
    Some of our overall goals and general vision include:
    - Increased difficulty and complexity for the player. We want to provide a real challenge while maintaining fun gameplay.
    - Added mechanics and content to make the experience more immersive and realistic for the player.
    - Overhauled faction rosters and units for historical authenticity and stunning quality in battles.
    - Battle mechanics that are a more accurate representation of ancient warfare.

Download Page: Current Build 0.96

Mod Guides for Custom Mechanics: Various Manuals for DeI

Mod Information
    Due to the size and scope of the mod, it is difficult to list every single change that is made. The two primary areas we have focused on are (obviously) campaign and battle systems. Our goal for the campaign is to provide unique, immersive, interesting mechanics that add to the overall realism and fun. In battles, we have focused on redoing every unit with amazing, new textures and models that represent historical sources while overhauling the battle mechanics to represent ancient warfare.

Here is a very general overview of some of the more major changes and custom content:

Campaign Content
    Custom Reforms system independent of the technology tree. Most factions will gain new units based on imperium level and turn number.
    New playable factions with overhauled rosters and historical settings.
    Cultural Recruitment system based on local and core factional troops. Your cultural control matters in what troops you can recruit.
    Custom Season effects that really impact gameplay on a meaningful level. These vary based on location.
    Custom Character and Army system:
    - Custom skills that allow immersion and roleplaying with characters (customized version of TTT).
    - Custom army traditions based on culture.
    - Dignitaries are now Governors who help oversee provinces. Other agents have been limited in their effectiveness compared with vanilla.
    - Armies now have food and public order impact. Garrisoning troops has new effects and penalties.
    - Custom army and navy stances based on culture. All new stance - Patrol Region.

Building and Resource System Overhaul
    - All new resources that have a major impact on gameplay and building requirements.
    - Many new custom buildings that allow for many more options and use of the new resources.

Units, Textures and Models
    - Over 1700 units that have been fully customized with all new textures and models to match historical references for each faction. The amount of detail and research is something we pride ourselves on.
    - Fully developed Area of Recruitment system that allows for regional recruitment of units historically from a given region. Any faction can recruit these local units if they own that region.
    - Overhauled Roman auxiliary system with local, specialized troops from regions across the map depending on reform period.
    - Custom, all new mercenary units for every province.
    - Many, many new weapons, armors, and other models/textures. To list our texture/model work would be a thread in itself.

Battle System Overhaul (1.0)
    - More realistic battle pace that places importance on morale, fatigue and tactics.
    - Completely reworked unit armors, weapons, stats and mechanics.
    - New animations and formations that the AI will use in combat.
    Last edited by Dresden; August 05, 2015 at 02:33 PM. Reason: thread update

Default Re: Divide Et Impera (Divide And Conquer)

Excellent mod, immediately jumped on it when I got the chance. Of course, the release was hastened to please the users it's very refined and there's only a select handful of issues currently in it. Otherwise my game is just amazing, tested out a few custom battles and then started a campaign.

A screenshot from one of my battles. The cohesion was nice, it felt strategical, and the enemy did put up quite the fight. Also, the graphical overhaul is just simply amazing, the detail on the tunics and linothorax and many more units continues to astonish me. Some diversity that should've been established in the first place. (cough CA.) Still a great one under the rust, your mod truly makes the game shine.

Last edited by Socktu; November 19, 2013 at 07:10 PM.

You guys are great. Thanks for taking the time to make this a better game.

Downloading!

Thank YOU all guys for being there sharing our passion and following aga since the beginning. I hope you will enjoy it trully. Otherwise don't hesitate to report ! ^^

Epaminondas

Durador's Avatar Civis

Thanks for making this game better and more realistic!
    Downloading it now!

There is a conflict with TTT, so I cannot use it with DEI, right?

dunno about confict with TTT, anyway TTT should be a must have for the next update (we already have several very cool things in reserve for this one !)

Maybe it is not a big deal, it's just this:

db\character_experience_skill_tiers_tables\character_experience_skill_tiers

This mod release has just made the long drive home from work much more pleasant! I will down load this immediately.
    Thank you gentlemen for your hard work and dedication in bringing much pleasure to players of ROME II.
    May the gods bless you all with many goats! aka the ancient divine's version of +REP

OMG its like Rome 2 Launch day, except its awesome

Civis

Cannot wait to try this out. Amazing work from the team!

@Selea

Will units created for AGA still be compatible with the new mod?

@Texture Team

You need to delete your carthage tunic mask .dds or something like that as it is making all long sleeve tunics white and not adapting to faction colours. Making some units all white.

I see this mod is based on realism but I have a theory which many will disagree with me. Arey ou going to have "WHAT IF" units. These units are realistic units that may have appeared if say Rome was the ultimate power, but as if Carthage destroyed Rome, or Greece created a confederation of greek states and red ominated the Adriatic region.

also posted in AGA.

Thanks for the feedback jamie.

Will check the tunic !
    What if unit are part of our roster expansion project, we will talk more about it very soon !

Cheers,

Epaminondas

Quote Originally Posted by Épaminondas The "Oblique" View Post
    Thanks for the feedback jamie.

Will check the tunic !
    What if unit are part of our roster expansion project, we will talk more about it very soon !

Cheers,

Epaminondas
    Awesome. I think it has e4 in its title or something to, its just the way the mask is set up, it automatically makes the long sleeve tunic white no matter what the faction colour is.

Indeed ! I saw it on PFM. Thks for the help, it will be corrected. All you feedback are welcome !

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Good luck guys and congrats for you project now entering the battlefield

Great stuff.
    Last edited by Socktu; November 19, 2013 at 07:12 PM. Reason: image removal, too large; didn't want to clog.

Hi, just try out your mod, phalanx are great, do feel like that Alexander movie. But heroes of Sparta's crest is messed up with centurion. The phalanx sometimes have a bit jerky movement like they dont know what to do. The 256 men in a phalanx is weaker than hoplites right? cause i saw roman's pilum reduced their number to 76 in one volley. Pike phalanx works fine against other phalanx, but in my custom Rome vs Egypt, they just run into the Roman. Calvary behave very nice. It seems that AI just get out of a coma , good job.

Yeh the centurion crest replaces spartan one, best renaming the rigidmodel so as to add a new one rather than reskin.