Page 26 of 180 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435365176126 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide et Impera (Divide & Rule) - Main Thread

Default Re: Divide Et Impera (Divide And Conquer) Updated 24/11/13 (Steam version added)

hello to the modding team and congrats for your superb work. can we expect in the short term any additions to spartan roster?
    i think it's one of the poorest considering sparta's role in the 3rd century...thanks in advance for your replies!

Slashas's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Divide Et Impera (Divide And Conquer) Updated 24/11/13 (Steam version added)

I just tried to start a campaign as macedon and I had my first battle with Tylis and I can only say WOW! AMAZING! It feels like a completely new game now, the battle was so amazing I almost peed myself! Thank you so much and keep up the good work!

mr.blonde's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    I also have the grey colors issue and my units have lost their previous diversity...
    Any ideas about it???
    Is patch 7 the culprit????

My Libyan infantry for example have the same helmets...and I mean all of them...
    i think with patch 7, they changed the level detail settings, for keeping your previous setting just raise one scale your current one.

Walk softly and carry a big gun

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyPoopCereal View Post
    Why not ask other modders for help? Or look at what other mods have done and copy them.
    Help on what?

Do you know some battle mod that works better than this or AGA?

Feel free to find me one if you can.

It's just that there are some limitations on what I can do; I try to do the best I can but some things are hard-coded and cannot be changed.
    Last edited by Selea; November 25, 2013 at 08:22 AM.

Btw I'm currently working on an updated version that is even better than what we have now.

Units behave much more realistically on routing (as it happened for real units will not rout for casualties, that's the minor part, the major part is exhaustion and pressure) and also slows dramatically the battle speed. Moreover now units rout maximum at 50% unit lost (even very strong elite formations, normal at about 25% casualties already rout) but given the much decreased battle speed it seems like they are fighting till the death.

Also flanking is much more important and, as you will have understood, having troops in reserve is a very important aspect on succeeding or not.
    Last edited by Selea; November 25, 2013 at 08:27 AM.

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Quote Originally Posted by Selea View Post
    Divide et Impera 0.3d:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?n8404nz8fa271f4

- Fixed resources not being produced properly.
    - Fixed missing image for one resource.
    - Hellenic faction Tier 4 Aux Military building named (Mercenary Camp) has been revamped. All Hellenic factions can now recruit from the available Mercenary pool that is available to whatever area that you build the camp.
    - Carthage also has access to an array of Elite tiered and special units from various rosters, previously not included in the Mercenary pool.
    - AI now has extra bonuses based on difficulty level. These include income, research points, army upkeep/cost, tax rate, food, recruitment slots, public order and corruption.
    - AI units now gain some experience per turn, since they tend not to use champions in this way.
    - AI budget tweaked. Also, AI is more likely to build military buildings, recruit higher tier units and build less missile units.
    - Small increase to AI aggression toward players.
    - AI is more likely to declare war and break treaties with factions it dislikes.

To come shortly (testing all the changes now):

- Revamp of all equipment stats for even longer battles, and less absurd values. This change will also make casualties much less relevant for morale impact vs. other variables. Units will tend to rout for factors that are not dependent on casualties but on things like fatigue, flanking, friends nearby, way the combat is going etc. etc.

Just installed this version and the resource fix is not there.

Quote Originally Posted by Selea View Post
    Divide et Impera 0.3d:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?n8404nz8fa271f4

- Fixed resources not being produced properly.
    - Fixed missing image for one resource.
    - Hellenic faction Tier 4 Aux Military building named (Mercenary Camp) has been revamped. All Hellenic factions can now recruit from the available Mercenary pool that is available to whatever area that you build the camp.
    - Carthage also has access to an array of Elite tiered and special units from various rosters, previously not included in the Mercenary pool.
    - AI now has extra bonuses based on difficulty level. These include income, research points, army upkeep/cost, tax rate, food, recruitment slots, public order and corruption.
    - AI units now gain some experience per turn, since they tend not to use champions in this way.
    - AI budget tweaked. Also, AI is more likely to build military buildings, recruit higher tier units and build less missile units.
    - Small increase to AI aggression toward players.
    - AI is more likely to declare war and break treaties with factions it dislikes.

To come shortly (testing all the changes now):

- Revamp of all equipment stats for even longer battles, and less absurd values. This change will also make casualties much less relevant for morale impact vs. other variables. Units will tend to rout for factors that are not dependent on casualties but on things like fatigue, flanking, friends nearby, way the combat is going etc. etc.
    Selea the resources are still not being produced. However they do work when I use Dresden's resource fix.

Hello to all
    and contratulation to the modders fo the work they mad. It's the best mod I've tried up to now

Is it possible to make a weak faction with which you have a Client state relationship to became part of your faction (like confederation) after a given number of turns (for ex 200 using 2TPY)?

sorry for my English

Decanus

@Dresden/Selea -

I would suggest that some resources, such as grain and copper, should appear if a few more historic places.

• Egypt* historically was a source of grain, as was eastern Germany / Poland. I'd suggest adding grain to Ascaucalis and Tur (Suebia and Samartia).
    • Copper should be added in Anatolia and the Iranian plateau.
    • Iron should be added to Syria.
    • Gold should be added somewhere in Iberia, maybe also to Dimmidi?

*Now I'm looking @ the map and I see that Egypt is supposed to have grain in Memphis and Myos Hormos...that's good, maybe mine was just bugging.

I love the idea of meaningful resources...do you guys think it might be possible to add something like a bonus to armor if you have excess iron? Bonus to income if you have excess gold? I'd imagine this might be tricky, just curious.
    Last edited by wrcromartie; November 25, 2013 at 10:09 AM. Reason: #1 I'm dumb, #2 trying to make up for it

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by mr.blonde View Post
    i think with patch 7, they changed the level detail settings, for keeping your previous setting just raise one scale your current one.
    Hey...(Kαλησπερα φιλε)
    It's not something 7 changed...Cause when I'm using plain Vanilla without this mod my unit's diversity is just fine...
    I think the issue is with the texture pack module included in AGA and DEI...
    I'm quite sure about it in fact...

Decanus

Been reading about your mod, will have to check it out soon, using Radious mod now, TTT, 2 tpy, bullgod cards, wonders of the world and resources (this kindoff works, at least puts resources on the map to use.) They seem to work together.

Quote Originally Posted by minizer View Post
    Selea the resources are still not being produced. However they do work when I use Dresden's resource fix.

Same in my case, in combination with Dresdens fix all is working perfect and without problems.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk

The Meaningful Resources work with this mod if you add it separately from SW. Playing as Egypt I have the grain icon in Memphis etc.
    Also TTT will work if you rename the mod in the data folder and put 01_ in front so that it loads before Divide et Impera. I've tried many mods and this seems very good so far but as with all the others I'm starting to see the AI setting out to sea on jolly Mediterranean cruises and Carthage in particular doesn't seem to be coping with the various tribes as usual. I might add the mod which gives Carthage extra income each turn.
    Edit:
    After adding the extra income for Carthage I see they have retaken Lilybaeum after a few turns so that's something.
    Last edited by Jihada; November 25, 2013 at 12:18 PM.

We will upload a fix tonight to meaningfull ressource as well as many others improvements
    Mercenary camp will be usefull again and the battle system will be slowed down.
    Manouvers will be more usefull as flanking and fatigue will be more important in routing a unit than only casualties.
    This way keeping unit in reserve (like the roman did) will be a key factore of the game.

Hi Guys, cant find " dresden fix" of which you speak, could you put a link of that? thx

Do you know what's the problem?

That the update on mediafire didn't work. The version is still the old one (0.3c)

Uploading it again.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Download the mod in about 30 minutes and you will have the correct version. Don't know why the upload failed.

EDIT.

Ok, correct version is in.

Sorry again for the error. Probably the upload failed and it reverted back to the old pack.
    Last edited by Selea; November 25, 2013 at 01:50 PM.

could somebody tell me please where i can train the persian hoplite? i cant seem to train it anywhere in my parthian campaign

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    I know about Patch's 7 issues...
    But when I'm not using AGA or DEI my unit's diversity is fine...
    Different helmets etc

Using AGA texture pack

http://i.imgur.com/4sUhPdn.jpg

Vanilla

http://i.imgur.com/uiaKbAo.jpg

Both are Libyan Infantry extreme max settings
    Just check the helmets...
    Epaminondas could you please take a look at this issue???

Thanks...

Mediafire didn't properly update the file. Selea is uploading the new version now. It should contain the fix.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Épaminondas The "Oblique" View Post
    We will upload a fix tonight to meaningfull ressource as well as many others improvements
    Mercenary camp will be usefull again and the battle system will be slowed down.
    Manouvers will be more usefull as flanking and fatigue will be more important in routing a unit than only casualties.
    This way keeping unit in reserve (like the roman did) will be a key factore of the game.
    Cant wait for testing.

Can you allready tell me if there are any plans for other unit roster updates in near future, like for celts and germanic tribes?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk