Page 22 of 180 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728293031324772122 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide et Impera (Divide & Rule) - Main Thread

Decanus

Default Re: Divide Et Impera (Divide And Conquer) Updated 24/11/13 (Steam version added)

Selea, I think somewhere you can apply penalties while a unit is routing. Should be a huge penalty to melee defense of course

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Crappy's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Divide Et Impera (Divide And Conquer) Updated 24/11/13 (Steam version added)

5. Miningful resources restrictions seems too harsh. I wanted to build lvl 2 satrapy palace. After few turns of hovering over greyed icon i finaly realised that it requires gold. Indicator icon was missing and tooltip only appeard when hovering over one corner. I looked into diplomacy and none of known faction even knew what gold means. According to MR map theres three or four gold nodes, all without acces to sea and still it's required for third stage building. That could work if game would feature resources transit, but in current state it brings too many limitations.
    5. Will look into that, thanks.
    Loving DEI! Thanks for gathering all the best modders Rome 2 has into one group. Each release shows how focused on the real issues at hand you guys are!

I just wanted to add that I love the way Meaningful Resources has its restrictions. It adds strategic depth and makes finding trade partners who have the materials your looking for important, and not just icons that bring in money for you. They can actually influence how you expand, not just because they give you money, but because they also unlock new buildings. Personally, I'd prefer to see nothing changed, but it might be interesting to see, say a gold node in Spain somewhere near the sea, which was historically the first major area where Rome first found major amounts of gold. It would require minimal changes, but would fix the problem of gold in particular being incredibly difficult to get a hold of.

1 suggestion for the textures team : Can you give phrygian helmets cheek protectors for elite units except the ones with the beards like the ones in original RTW? I have seen many depictions of such helms . for light units like peltasts cheekless helms feel natural but for units like hypaspists it just feels strange . Anyway congratulations for your steam release and keep up the great work!!!!!!!

Default Re: Divide Et Impera (Divide And Conquer) Update 23/11/13

DEI is great but I am having a compatibility issue with another mod. I don't know if you are familiar with Smarmy's work, but his Pontic Roster expansion will not run with DEI. All of his other mods do, but for whatever reason this one does not. If both are checked, the game will freeze while trying to load. I've been talking with at length for almost two weeks now, and he's been steadily updating his mod to try and sort out the kinks. Currently, the only shared resources between the two mods are Ahiga's variant meshes, which shouldn't cause any hang-ups according to him. I've also noticed that the same thing happens when Legionairres Armies mod is checked while DEI is active. I know you guys are busy but I would really appreciate it if you could look into this. Maybe you could get in touch with Smarmy, he's active on Steam. My Steam name is Marcus Aurelius if you need a reference.

Divide et Impera 0.3b:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?n8404nz8fa271f4

- Changed animation behavior of Shield Wall/Fulcum: in this way the AI also uses it for MUCH longer battles; I didn't want to do this but after many testings it seems it is not as bad as I thought. Sure, sometimes it bugs out but for the most part it works fine and it has the great benefit of less bobbling and the AI being able to use the formation.

The change is similar to Xilo's Formation Attack Mod, but instead of adding that behavior to FA I put it on SW/Fulcum that anyway the majority of units have. This is also what I did long ago in AGA and removed it for some things that (luckily) in patch 7 happens no more. So, please test it and tell me how you feel about the change.

Default Re: Divide Et Impera (Divide And Conquer) Update 23/11/13

Quote Originally Posted by Caius Martius Coriolanus View Post
    DEI is great but I am having a compatibility issue with another mod. I don't know if you are familiar with Smarmy's work, but his Pontic Roster expansion will not run with DEI. All of his other mods do, but for whatever reason this one does not. If both are checked, the game will freeze while trying to load. I've been talking with at length for almost two weeks now, and he's been steadily updating his mod to try and sort out the kinks. Currently, the only shared resources between the two mods are Ahiga's variant meshes, which shouldn't cause any hang-ups according to him. I've also noticed that the same thing happens when Legionairres Armies mod is checked while DEI is active. I know you guys are busy but I would really appreciate it if you could look into this. Maybe you could get in touch with Smarmy, he's active on Steam. My Steam name is Marcus Aurelius if you need a reference.
    Don't use any unit packs, they will be unbalanced with DEI.

Wait for our unit packs, we are just working on them now. You will not be dissapointed, I assure you.

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Really great work on the mod. Been using it since first release. Using the Steam version, when using Mitch's mod manager, which part should load over the other one?

Trajan: there is no conflict between both so there is no load order to care

Decanus

@Selea -

I've tested the phalanx mass a bit more. I think I have figured out the (small) problem -everything is great while units are fighting normally. Phalanx stops charge appropriately, with appropriate levels of penetration by cavalry, elephants.

The (small) problem occurs when the enemy has routed. I admit this is not a major gameplay problem, but routed units are able to basically mosh right through the phalanx. The problem is most pronounced when you have high concentrations of enemy infantry routing in one direction. It can potentially influence a battle if you have routing units disrupt a phalanx, which is then able to be exploited by steady units.

I am thinking this will somewhat be fixed by adding melee defense penalties to routing units. If it is possible, you might also look at slightly decreasing the mass and HP of routing units.

In reality, if an army is panicked to the point of trying to stampede through a pike wall, things are going to be very grim. They would be crushing each other through the stampede and the back ranks would be impaling the front ranks onto the pikes.

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Quote Originally Posted by Épaminondas The "Oblique" View Post
    Trajan: there is no conflict between both so there is no load order to care

Thanks.

Decanus

Hmm - found a crash bug. Not sure if this is a vanilla bug or DEI.

I am playing Selukid, CTD when loading a battle. I am fortified defender, its trying to load a fort map. It also gave a tooltip saying I would have defenses...wondering if there is some issue? Using TTT and DEI, with DEI set lower in the load order.

Uploaded crash report.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Update:

Please download the mod again. Had to revert back the latest change because it causes a mess (as I already did know).

I'm sorry for this, I actually made an error and it seemed it worked but I actually tested this time and time again and I know it doesn't. It's just that I would like to do something about it and I cannot.

The last update is on steam selea??

Btw, where the hell is the copper on europe?? i am playing suevi and cant get better troops because noone has copper for trade :S

Quote Originally Posted by wrcromartie View Post
    @Selea -

I've tested the phalanx mass a bit more. I think I have figured out the (small) problem -everything is great while units are fighting normally. Phalanx stops charge appropriately, with appropriate levels of penetration by cavalry, elephants.

The (small) problem occurs when the enemy has routed. I admit this is not a major gameplay problem, but routed units are able to basically mosh right through the phalanx. The problem is most pronounced when you have high concentrations of enemy infantry routing in one direction. It can potentially influence a battle if you have routing units disrupt a phalanx, which is then able to be exploited by steady units.

I am thinking this will somewhat be fixed by adding melee defense penalties to routing units. If it is possible, you might also look at slightly decreasing the mass and HP of routing units.
    Apart that it is not doable, that will fix nothing. The problem is (again) the way the engine works. Units should not be able to go between ranks without problems, even more with pikes, yet in this engine they can!

I will try to do something about it if I can, but it will be really difficult to resolve the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by wrcromartie View Post
    Hmm - found a crash bug. Not sure if this is a vanilla bug or DEI.

I am playing Selukid, CTD when loading a battle. I am fortified defender, its trying to load a fort map. It also gave a tooltip saying I would have defenses...wondering if there is some issue? Using TTT and DEI, with DEI set lower in the load order.

Uploaded crash report.
    Can you reproduce the error in a custom battle?

If yes what are the troops used and the factions?

Have to say that your mod gets better and better everytime you upload an update. I started a Suebi campaign and really like the new unit design, compliment to the designer. Now they not look anymore like people wich live under a stone .(loving the new swordmasters)

Quote Originally Posted by Cochus1 View Post

Btw, where the hell is the copper on europe?? i am playing suevi and cant get better troops because noone has copper for trade :S
    I have the samoe problem at the moment^^

Btw i noticed that the germanic infantry can wedge formation, is that planned?

PS.
    I really cant wait for some CAI updates
    Last edited by PumkinKing; November 24, 2013 at 12:48 PM.

Avernus's Avatar Libertus

Hi, thank you for your modifications, it seems to be the best overhaul for Rome II.

Anyway, I don't know is it a common bug, but I have a problem with shield textures of Hastati/Principes - instead of paintings there are white and black stripes on them. Do you happen to know what can be the issue?

Someone is having problems with the resources?? i just saw that there is no copper in the whole map on my campaing

Quote Originally Posted by Cochus1 View Post

I believe copper is in the Frisii lands. Copper is located: Flevum, Numantia, Epidamnos, Tanais, and Phrada. NOTE: You have to start a new campaign with these new changes to get the new resources. Here is a map of the resources (XiLo's work):

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Dresden; November 24, 2013 at 12:47 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Looks/runs great. Having fun with it during play throughs without a glitch.

BTW --> The Realistic Roman Army mod is doing good stuff too. The reforms are nicely done. Also, the formations appear to stick together better than anything I've seen to date (not sure why).

PS: Nobody should expect formations to hold during a rush at the gate during a siege -- that kind of op is a scrum, by definition.