View Poll Results: Should I change the cost of military units ? Since the factions earn more money in general ; they tend to recruit much larger armies than vanilla ETW.

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, higher upkeep and recruitement prices.

1 50.00%
  • Yes, lower upkeep and recruitement prices.

0 0%
  • Yes, higher upkeep.

1 50.00%
  • Yes, higher recruitement price.

0 0%
  • Yes, lower recruitement price.

0 0%
  • Yes, lower upkeep.

0 0%
  • No need for change.

0 0%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: OLD - Main Thread

Goutlard's Avatar Janissary

Default Re: Ottoman Total Overhaul Mod Version 2.0 : Darthmod AI, fully new Campaign and Battle Gameplay, New units, New buildings effects, Edited Technologies, Ottoman Overhaul !

Quote Originally Posted by napoleon boneaparte View Post
    I don't know. Previously, I used p.jakub88's Land Units Mod which did its job well except for an issue in which defenders of fortifications fought to the death, even Armed Citizenry! When I installed this Overhaul, I removed the LUM, and the situation I mentioned above occured. And also, the ranks are too close together to the point that when they march, the line is disorganised and the troops have to take some time to form up before firing.
    Well the morale system perfectly works for me. I did give a small colision area by purpose as I removed the training level effects so that the battle line gets a bit disorganized. However you can fix this issue by either decreasing the unit radius in kv_battlefield_entities or enlarging the formations. This will result in robotic formations with everything perfectly placed milimeter per milimeter
    Wind from the East's Awards :

Default Re: Ottoman Total Overhaul Mod Version 2.0 : Darthmod AI, fully new Campaign and Battle Gameplay, New units, New buildings effects, Edited Technologies, Ottoman Overhaul !

I was guessing that was the reason. Just wondering, does it have anything to do with the fact that I played at VH. Does the difficulty level affect the morale of the AI-controlled troops? And also, the DarthAI is in effect even if I'm NOT playing as the Ottoman Empire, isn't it?
    “No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them” ― Elie Wiesel
    "No nationality or race is preferred over another in any way in the Eyes of the Almighty" - Mufti Ismail Menk
    “What's unnatural is homophobia. Homo sapiens is the only species in all of nature that responds with hate to homosexuality.” ― Alex Sanchez
    “Remember, remember always, that all of us, and you and I especially, are descended from immigrants and revolutionists.” ― Franklin D. Roosevelt
    “Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” ― Albert Einstein

I was guessing that was the reason. Just wondering, does it have anything to do with the fact that I played at VH. Does the difficulty level affect the morale of the AI-controlled troops? And also, the DarthAI is in effect even if I'm NOT playing as the Ottoman Empire, isn't it?
    Sure the difficulty level of battles gives tremendously high bonuses to enemy units. Militia fights as good as Line Infantry and there is no way to fix it, it is hardcoded. The Darth AI is always in effect indeed for all factions so playing in VH contributed to this

Perhaps this explains it all. In my previous Swedish and Mughal campaigns, with or without the LUM, units could rout at 160 men (army losses) but in siege battles, the weakest of units would fight to the death. So, is it recommended I start a campaign/battle on VH/Normal instead?
    “No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them” ― Elie Wiesel
    "No nationality or race is preferred over another in any way in the Eyes of the Almighty" - Mufti Ismail Menk
    “What's unnatural is homophobia. Homo sapiens is the only species in all of nature that responds with hate to homosexuality.” ― Alex Sanchez
    “Remember, remember always, that all of us, and you and I especially, are descended from immigrants and revolutionists.” ― Franklin D. Roosevelt
    “Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” ― Albert Einstein

Perhaps this explains it all. In my previous Swedish and Mughal campaigns, with or without the LUM, units could rout at 160 men (army losses) but in siege battles, the weakest of units would fight to the death. So, is it recommended I start a campaign/battle on VH/Normal instead?
    I do usually play on VH/H to have some bonuses given to the ennemy because even with Darthmod AI the Battle AI is still very dumb, well test possible settings and keep the one you prefer ^^

Just realised, Galleons have been made available to a hell lot of factions. How do I reverse this? I know how to edit using the DBeditor.

Just realised, Galleons have been made available to a hell lot of factions. How do I reverse this? I know how to edit using the DBeditor.
    You go to unit_to_groupings_military_permissions_tables and delete all the Galleon entries

Thank you. Beautiful sub-mod..
    Last edited by Kingartist21; January 27, 2014 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingartist21 View Post
    Thank you. Beautiful sub-mod..
    Happy to learn that ! It feels good for an unpaid, voluntary modder to hear his work is appreciated !

great job

Having a blast. The inclusion of DarthAI was an excellent idea. The campaign AI is actually decent! For example, right on the turn the Russians declared war on me (Prussia), the Swedes who were hostile to me suddenly offered me an alliance. And the Russians actually sent a relief army to Lwow to rescue the Poles (unsuccessfully).And so is the removal of the AI bonuses. Now, those pesky German states don't churn out impossibly large armies like they did in vanilla. +1 rep for better gameplay!

for me the attached file you have always downloads as Attachment.php I had to Save As and rename it user.empire_script to make it work. is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fox(+)Hounder85 View Post
    for me the attached file you have always downloads as Attachment.php I had to Save As and rename it user.empire_script to make it work. is that right?
    I assume you have a bug, because it is named user.empire_script

Darth AI? The AI as usual is just standing around beyond my infantry fire range and taking a beating from my organ guns. Runs away, gains courage, comes marching back, canon fire, runs away. Great AI. /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by sifsilver View Post
    Darth AI? The AI as usual is just standing around beyond my infantry fire range and taking a beating from my organ guns. Runs away, gains courage, comes marching back, canon fire, runs away. Great AI. /sarcasm
    Be sure it is Darth AI I did not change a single part of it.

Lol, I'm not saying you changed it. I'm just saying i am not a big fan of the AI. But I love your mod without it.

Quote Originally Posted by sifsilver View Post
    Lol, I'm not saying you changed it. I'm just saying i am not a big fan of the AI. But I love your mod without it.
    You can disable the Battle AI with the PFM. Delete Groupformations.bin . This will enable the Vanilla Battle AI and you will then be free to install any battle AI mod you find, even tough there aren't many.

Update : New Version Coming Soon.

Features :

Decreased unit radius
    to reduce regimental collisions.

Religious Wars ! Religious Unrest has been toned up, Building Religious Conversion Rates has been increased, as well as the numbers of missionnaries.
    You can now create chaos in other nations in the long term (expect at least 10 years) by creating religious minorities that when combined with war unrest, can lead to revolutions ! This feature is also used as the AI against the player.
    Increased the "Other" Income for Major Factions. Now Majors factions always differentiate from Minor factions.

Increased to a lower degree the number of assassins and scholars.

Halved the Custom Battle ship costs (those were too expensive)

Decreased line of sight of missionaries and increased those of assassins. (Those are meant for spying !)

Please Ottoman new ünite...

I have DME 8.01 plat patched (20.03.13). Have put the packs where they are supposed to be and the script (though I had to cut and paste) where it is supposed to be. I can't seem to get this to work. I am doing something wrong, clearly, but can't figure it out. Anyone got any advice to offer? Fix? Similar problem?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast