View Poll Results: Should I change the cost of military units ? Since the factions earn more money in general ; they tend to recruit much larger armies than vanilla ETW.

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, higher upkeep and recruitement prices.

1 50.00%
  • Yes, lower upkeep and recruitement prices.

0 0%
  • Yes, higher upkeep.

1 50.00%
  • Yes, higher recruitement price.

0 0%
  • Yes, lower recruitement price.

0 0%
  • Yes, lower upkeep.

0 0%
  • No need for change.

0 0%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: OLD - Main Thread

Default Re: Ottoman Total Overhaul Mod Version 2.0 : Darthmod AI, fully new Campaign and Battle Gameplay, New units, New buildings effects, Edited Technologies, Ottoman Overhaul !

Quote Originally Posted by hemin23 View Post
    maybe a late reply but I really hated how you guys just completely removed anything that had to do with kurds, like changing kurdish hillmen to caucausian hillmen, while we kurds have contributed a lot to the ottomon empire, the bodygaurd of sultan hamid were the hamidiye who were almost all kurdish!!

I dont know why you completely removed kurds maybe because about the tensions and polotics but that doesnt mean you can just remove a piece of history so I hope you will bring them back in a new patch
    They were not only some of them with Turkish,Turkmens or Yörük Tribes and Turkmens and Yörüks are already Turkish.

Libertus

Default Re: Ottoman Total Overhaul Mod Version 2.0 : Darthmod AI, fully new Campaign and Battle Gameplay, New units, New buildings effects, Edited Technologies, Ottoman Overhaul !

Where do you put the script file if you have steam? I can't find an appropriate folder.

Edit: nevermind, mod manager did it. P.S. this is not compatible with Additional Units Mod, with 3 animation conflicts listed by the mod manager, all of them AUM files I believe.

Edit 2: Nvm, unit compatability project fixed that!
    Last edited by tanit; July 17, 2015 at 08:56 PM.
    This war had lasted for three years and four months, and it far excelled all wars we know of in cruelty and defiance of principle. - Polybius, The Histories, On the Mercenaries War.

Its working for me now. Playing.
    Well look at this here, a brewing free-for-all in Western Horn of Africa. What could possibly go wrong...

What is the version when it comes out...

i install darthmod but i dislike it and i've deleted this mod.
    I just installed this ottoman mod, but some soldiers have long range, is it normal?

Goutlard's Avatar Janissary

I am back to here - After a long absence. Many unread messages, and much work has been done on this mod :

- Better combat morale : Routs should be later as to advantage the AI, and morale has been made more dynamic, but on the higher side.
    - Better formations : Less bugs basically.
    - Longer unit training and building, as to make the army recruitment a longer process.
    - Tons and tons of gameplay adjustements as to make the game more challenging and toughen the AI that was visibly too weak.

Concerning Kurds, what I tried to do was take the Ottoman Realism mod and improve it, removing most ethnic references except those who were explicitly realistic. I might consider adding a kurdish unit indeed, and it is not from any political or ideologic perspective that I removed it. I did not even remove it actually since they already were (thought I didn't notice it).

I definitively also considered making stronger garrisons. It would advantage the ennemy AI in defending cities since cities rarely have a decent defensive garrison.
    I considered adding 2 Infantry units (1 Line quality, 1 Milita quality), 1 Cavalry Unit (Irregular Quality) to replace previous mob armies.

I wish I could have a way to make city garrisons larger in some cities.
    Last edited by Goutlard; February 05, 2016 at 08:42 AM.
    Wind from the East's Awards :

Hey man, I really like this mod but one thing that would make it perfect is making the realism mods optional. For example i don't like the idea that bullets get weaker as it travels more. Its realistic, but when I'm doing custom battles i don't want that. So making the realism mods optional like in the settings menu to quickly turn them on/off would be GREAT. Thanks for all the effort you put into this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by oylat View Post
    Hey man, I really like this mod but one thing that would make it perfect is making the realism mods optional. For example i don't like the idea that bullets get weaker as it travels more. Its realistic, but when I'm doing custom battles i don't want that. So making the realism mods optional like in the settings menu to quickly turn them on/off would be GREAT. Thanks for all the effort you put into this mod.
    That's impossible to do, to make those possible to toggle as those are hardcoded. I cannot create a toggle at the menu.
    If I had a team I could make it so that there'd be a launcher with options, but on my own I cannot do that.

i dont remember all that well, but on making city garrison larger,
    does paris have larger garrison than usual, and does having regular units in town increase spawned units

i would try to emulate those conditions to spawn more
    My 6 2nd rates routed in horror from 1 brig + 1 5th rate on auto-resolve....

Looking forward for your upcoming version of this awesome mod man!

Just my big concern, is that I find Ottomans are extremely easy to play with. Maybe because of the new economic edits you have done, or relaying on big bucks in trade. Anyway, what I remember from Vanilla that I barely can field 2 standing armies with lots of mobs and low tier infantry units. But, with your mod without even bothering to go after trade nodes. I can field up to 5 armies and steamroll everyone. I hope there is a solution to that. I am gona play more and get back with feedback. Maybe in my weekend I will look into learning to mod to help you out.

i love your mode

Hi ! I have some trouble to install your mod. I thinks I did correctly the different steps but when I launch the game nothing has changed :/

@Akhenaton the Great
    I have considered your suggestion and created a transitionnal Ottoman modernization technology that'll spice up the game a bit !
    As well as some minor tweaks on trade to make it less overpowered.

@Poa
    I have taken into account your suggestion and updated the garrisons accordingly. Their units will be improved versions of line infantry and militiamen. Not overpowered in any way, however, consider needing a clearly stronger army to take a settlement !

@Mr Sideburns
    Have you :
    1. Put the user.script in the right place ?
    2. put the .pack files in the right place ? (Empire Total War/Data)

Those are the only two issues that would make the mod not work.
    If it does not launch at all, it's the second.
    If it launches, without the mod, it's the first.

---

MAJOR ANOUNCEMENT :
    Version 2.2 announced for release tomorrow, on my birthday !
    A present from me on my own birthday :3.

Changes :
    Based on suggestions :

Two versions of the mod :
    Default has a vanilla ETW-level morale. Units rout at about 30-50% losses.
    Arcade has a stronger morale, making the routs take place at about 60% or more losses.

Why is that ?
    The AI handles unit positioning very badly in vanilla Empire Total War.
    It suffers already quite a few losses whilst getting in position, this tweak decreasing the likelihood to rout of your opponent in the first shots makes them much more formidable oppponents ! So if you want to have a harder time against the AI I suggest taking this one. Whilst the AI is still stupid (which cannot be changed, even with the Darthmod AI that I use) it is now not to be under estimated !

Religious overhaul :
    Conversion is now faster. This allows for more dynamic conversion, and religious wars as the amount of missionaries is increased. Wreak havoc in your opponent's land, slowly, over ten years, converting his population if you don't want to face him on the battlefield !

Health & Armor system :
    There is now a soldier health system.
    Therefore, the likelihood to die from firearm shots, arrows, vary significantly.
    The amount of armor plays a role in the amount of health the unit has making heavily armored cuirassisiers (a little more) fire-proof.

Better CAI :
    The Campaign AI now prefers making larger armies instead of many small ones.
    It defends the city capitals more and does not spread it's troops all around.

New Ottoman Technology :
    The Feudal Abolition is now spread in two technologies.
    The first one that does the modernization of the regime. It re-institutes centralized tax therefore tax inneficiency from the feudal system is supressed. It abolishes the Timarli-class and Kapikulu-class privileges, causing huge unrest in the upper classes possibly major rebelions.

The second one, coming after the first one exists to restrict the effects of the modernization on the upper classes, bringing peace again.
    Therefore, if you want to modernize, you need to undergo a rebellious period.

Trade
    Trade is now more node and territory based. You will have much less background commodity supply, therefore much less money coming from goods that you don't have.
    Last edited by Goutlard; August 06, 2016 at 01:57 PM.

Default Re: Ottoman Total Overhaul Mod Version 2.2 - Skirmish Firing Drill, Better Garrison, Religion, Technology, Morale, and Economics !

When units fire instead of just bullets, there is like a yellow "smoke" that follows the bullet and essentially blocks the screen. I have installed it as directed along with the user script file and I don't know what the problem is. I am using the gameplay version of this mod.

Default Re: Ottoman Total Overhaul Mod Version 2.2 - Skirmish Firing Drill, Better Garrison, Religion, Technology, Morale, and Economics !

Goutlard, what unit texture downloads do you recommend for this mod (with the exception of the Ottomans, of course)?

Quote Originally Posted by DrCabbages View Post
    When units fire instead of just bullets, there is like a yellow "smoke" that follows the bullet and essentially blocks the screen. I have installed it as directed along with the user script file and I don't know what the problem is. I am using the gameplay version of this mod.
    Do you use Mac ?
    I had a similar issue on mac.
    Maybe I can find a workaround in the next version.

@Rick :
    I don't really have any preference to that matter ! Personnally I use quite a few graphical enhancement mods, thought few unit-texture ones

Update (coming soon) :
    Next version :

2 new units added to the Ottoman Empire, "Azap Canbasan", and "Efe and Zeibeks" based on historical units.
    The Canbazan were the name given to the most foolhardy of Azabs, serving as human meatshields, risking their lives, dyings in sieges. They will be good at close quarters, have excellent morale, but little number and be very fragile.

Efe and Zeibeks will replace the Azap Marksmen because the skin is more appropriate to represent Efe.
    They were, in Anatolia and Greece village guards today even seen as national heroes and known for their songs and dance.

An example of their songs :

Beggining of a rebalancing process, as to make other factions units, especially cavalry more of a match, to make the Ottomans less OP in some areas as reported.

More hidden units unlocked for European Factions.
    EUE units are made more viable, as to present an alternative to existing units.
    Last edited by Goutlard; September 02, 2016 at 12:59 PM.

Hello from İzmir, Turkey! Goutlard you did an awesome job but just a quick question: Does this mod causes infamous Ottoman Turn Lag? Since Ottoman faction gets more money and such. Thanks again!

Also is there a way to fix campaign movement speed being so slow? I can't even reach Königsberg with my starting army in the region as Prussia. Is there a way I can restore it back to original speed?

Yes, I do use mac, I have windows as well, that one's fine. Can't wait for the workaround for mac.

Quote Originally Posted by No Land's Man View Post
    Also is there a way to fix campaign movement speed being so slow? I can't even reach Königsberg with my starting army in the region as Prussia. Is there a way I can restore it back to original speed?
    I will consider changing it.
    The idea behind that speed was that you could steamroll regions way too fast, this way the AI gets more time to react (which it effectively does).
    However, I have been thinking about removing grapple hooks to prevent units from climbing walls (except for a new created unit of sappers/battlefield engineers).
    As such, make it necessary to either carry a cannon around which significantly slows your movement, or a sapper unit which is much less efficient.

Any thoughts on that ?

--

I have gotten until 1760 in my longest campaigns, majorities without the Ottoman Turn bug. Especially in the newer version the Ottoman's starting situation will be worsened, whilst modernisation technologies will be improved. Which will reduce the likelihood of that issue.

@DrCabbages :
    I suppose I could fix it tweaking the projectiles_trails_tables, you can fix it yourself temporarily with the DB editor/PFM going to that table and setting everything to 0 (except the first column) ! Easy work around, that'll be present in the next version.

--

I've been working on the groupformations.bin, currently I'm using Darthmod Battle AI, however I find units getting literally inside each other too much, so I'll try to fix and make the BAI more proeficient.
    Last edited by Goutlard; September 04, 2016 at 05:29 PM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast