View Poll Results: Should I change the cost of military units ? Since the factions earn more money in general ; they tend to recruit much larger armies than vanilla ETW.

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, higher upkeep and recruitement prices.

1 50.00%
  • Yes, lower upkeep and recruitement prices.

0 0%
  • Yes, higher upkeep.

1 50.00%
  • Yes, higher recruitement price.

0 0%
  • Yes, lower recruitement price.

0 0%
  • Yes, lower upkeep.

0 0%
  • No need for change.

0 0%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: OLD - Main Thread

Goutlard's Avatar Janissary

Default Re: Ottoman Total Overhaul Mod Version 2.0 : Darthmod AI, fully new Campaign and Battle Gameplay, New units, New buildings effects, Edited Technologies, Ottoman Overhaul !

Quote Originally Posted by blow56 View Post
    I have DME 8.01 plat patched (20.03.13). Have put the packs where they are supposed to be and the script (though I had to cut and paste) where it is supposed to be. I can't seem to get this to work. I am doing something wrong, clearly, but can't figure it out. Anyone got any advice to offer? Fix? Similar problem?
    This mod is a major gameplay overhaul like Darthmod and is therefore not compatible with it, unfortunately.
    Wind from the East's Awards :

Default Re: Ottoman Total Overhaul Mod Version 2.0 : Darthmod AI, fully new Campaign and Battle Gameplay, New units, New buildings effects, Edited Technologies, Ottoman Overhaul !

So I have to uninstall DME? Not so much a 'overhaul' as a complete replacement!

It is a standalone overhaul, this mod is not a Darthmod Submod, if you are looking for Darthmod Submods you are not on the right part of the forum.

My mistake. I came across the mod tagged on to a Darthmod forum sticky. Saw it included a Darthmod AI and the word 'overhaul' of something I am sure began as a Darthmod submod. If I put my blue Toyota truck in for an 'overhaul' I don't expect to get it back as a red Dodge - nice though that might be.

Waiting new version.. And new Ottoman army...

I cannot model units on my own, if I want to rework/improve or edit Ottoman Units I sure will need a modeller, otherwise I can only balance and create clone units with the same look, but different stats, unfortunatelly.

The new version is a WIP ! And is not yet released.

--- 13/04/2014 news : Increased Armour and Melee Defense, corrected the projectile damage system. Now Armour is taken in consideration while the defense skill is not. The new gameplay will be slower melee and longer ranged engagements. Fixed minor bugs.
    Last edited by Goutlard; May 03, 2014 at 09:03 AM.

Update : NEW FEATURES TO COME :

- 11 New Custom Battle Land Maps : Mysore, Hudson River, New France, Punjab, Indus River, Tigris River, Scottish Highlands, Sinai, Spanish Foothills, Texas Plains, The Rhine,
    - 1 New Custom Battle Naval Map : Arctic

Improved defense skills for all units, and slightly reduced accuracy to obtain better realism and longer lasting battles. Janissaries are nerfed, and rebalanced so that Nizam-I Cedit Units get clearly better than them.

Two more technologies added for the Ottoman Empire, to represent the progressive reforms. If you want to reform the Empire expect large Upper Class Revolts in the major intellectual centers and the capital !

Very good. Thank you Goutlard..

are new unit are adding? i mean add few unit in other faction to poland,ottoman and britian

Quote Originally Posted by mhdsafwanindera View Post
    are new unit are adding? i mean add few unit in other faction to poland,ottoman and britian
    I will add new units in the future based on http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...oaded-here-too as I was allowed by the modder to use it .

However, I will need time editing and balacing those units, choosing the most historically accurate.
    I do not want to create too many Ottoman Units to not overcrowd recruitement pannel and be unable to recruit them all but rather work more on Persia, the Barbary States and Morroco, giving those currently minor states more realism.

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Does this compatible with Imperial Destroyer Project at least?.

Is this compatible with ornamentum unit packs? Or any other unit packs?
    Also is it possible to remove the turk specific images (where the marble was replaced)?
    1 unit a shooter has 0 reloading ability? - is that just a glitch & works fine?

Btw, nice mod!

Quote Originally Posted by SemanticEmperor View Post
    Is this compatible with ornamentum unit packs? Or any other unit packs?
    Also is it possible to remove the turk specific images (where the marble was replaced)?
    1 unit a shooter has 0 reloading ability? - is that just a glitch & works fine?

Btw, nice mod!
    The unit works fine with 0 reloading ability, it means that the unit has 0% reload time bonus. Even negative values might work !
    Which turk-specific images ? I use an external UI with my mod and the mod is supposed to not modify the UI except for the Middle-East flagged things.

If the examples are given I can fix those .

This mod is compatible with all unit packs, except the Turkish ones, eventough the units will be in looser formation, they'll work. There can be, however, balance issues.

This mod is not compatible with Imperial Destroyer.

That's good to hear!
    Oh I was talking about the interface but it's kinda grown on me a little, so no probs.

By the way is it compatible with Darthmod Empire v. 8.01? Sorry for asking so many questions ....

I really feel like commending you on a job well done. I've always wanted to play with theses guys properly.
    So thanks to you (& everyone who helped)

Quote Originally Posted by SemanticEmperor View Post
    That's good to hear!
    Oh I was talking about the interface but it's kinda grown on me a little, so no probs.

By the way is it compatible with Darthmod Empire v. 8.01? Sorry for asking so many questions ....

I really feel like commending you on a job well done. I've always wanted to play with theses guys properly.
    So thanks to you (& everyone who helped)
    Unfortunatelly not, this mod is not compatible with Darthmod, as it modifies the same gameplay features, combat mechanics, morale and fatigue systems as Darthmod. It only fields less UI, Graphical and Units.

I recommend, in fact, using this mod with external small mods, that modifies the UI and the Graphics to have a good experience, that you can personalize as you want !

Else, let's say you want to use the X Unit Mod for this mod that adds units to Daguestan as you love playing them and find their roster is emty :
    1. Send a message to the X Unit Mod's creator to ask him if he allows me to adapt the mod.
    2. If he does tell me and I'll do it, as it is very easy, balancing the units with the parameters I use ; thus creating a submod that adds units to Daguestan, that you can download or not with the Ottoman Total Overhaul Mod.

All credits will go to the original modder's team, as I will only be swamping some numbers like adapting the attack stats to my bayonnet parameters, and unit formations.

MAJOR UPDATE :
    Triple Overhaul :
    Three more armies are now edited to become more realistic. Over 15 Units are added to the Mughal Empire, to Safavid Persia and Afghanistan !

I just had the authorization to add the Historical Units for Iran, Afghanistan and Mughal Mod, those will be rebalanced and adapted to Ottoman Total Overhaul Gameplay, and then Added ! Do not forget to rep it's makers and original creator Agema Ippeon !

Here is a view of the mod :

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tan-and-Mughal

Lol... waiting sub-mod..

Hi, I love all the Ottoman-Persian and Middle East history and my favourite campaigns have been always from there, I'm downloading the main mod but should I download something more or it's optional? Thanks for your job!!!

Can you add the Morocco roster, too? along with a sub optional mod to increase morale and making battle last little longer!

u can download it separately called Morocco unit pack in same theard

Total War Shogun 2 : Morning Sun Mods - Ming Dynasty vs Japan Shogunate
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...un-Version-1-0

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast