View Poll Results: Should I change the cost of military units ? Since the factions earn more money in general ; they tend to recruit much larger armies than vanilla ETW.

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, higher upkeep and recruitement prices.

1 50.00%
  • Yes, lower upkeep and recruitement prices.

0 0%
  • Yes, higher upkeep.

1 50.00%
  • Yes, higher recruitement price.

0 0%
  • Yes, lower recruitement price.

0 0%
  • Yes, lower upkeep.

0 0%
  • No need for change.

0 0%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: OLD - Main Thread

Default Re: Ottoman Total Overhaul Mod : (based on Ottoman Realism – Darthmod AI and G-Overhaul Gameplay)

Ahh...So I'll just have to put in this mod, remove the Ottoman Realism Mod files and I'm done?
    “No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them” ― Elie Wiesel
    "No nationality or race is preferred over another in any way in the Eyes of the Almighty" - Mufti Ismail Menk
    “What's unnatural is homophobia. Homo sapiens is the only species in all of nature that responds with hate to homosexuality.” ― Alex Sanchez
    “Remember, remember always, that all of us, and you and I especially, are descended from immigrants and revolutionists.” ― Franklin D. Roosevelt
    “Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” ― Albert Einstein

Goutlard's Avatar Janissary

Default Re: Ottoman Total Overhaul Mod : (based on Ottoman Realism – Darthmod AI and G-Overhaul Gameplay)

sure, you just install as it is presented in the first post and remove the Ottoman Realism files
    Wind from the East's Awards :

I'm actually pleasantly pleased with this mod. It's one of the overhauls that actually appeal to me. But I'm just wondering regarding "More realistic and gameplay-wise better firing drills". What do you mean by bonuses? Other than the increased kill rate, I don't really know what else do the firing drills offer. And since I'm already using many mini-mods including some of your own that are included in this overhaul, I suppose I must remove them? And I guess it's best to wait for my next campaign rather than install it during my ongoing Swedish campaign?
    “No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them” ― Elie Wiesel
    "No nationality or race is preferred over another in any way in the Eyes of the Almighty" - Mufti Ismail Menk
    “What's unnatural is homophobia. Homo sapiens is the only species in all of nature that responds with hate to homosexuality.” ― Alex Sanchez
    “Remember, remember always, that all of us, and you and I especially, are descended from immigrants and revolutionists.” ― Franklin D. Roosevelt
    “Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” ― Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by napoleon boneaparte View Post
    I'm actually pleasantly pleased with this mod. It's one of the overhauls that actually appeal to me. But I'm just wondering regarding "More realistic and gameplay-wise better firing drills". What do you mean by bonuses? Other than the increased kill rate, I don't really know what else do the firing drills offer. And since I'm already using many mini-mods including some of your own that are included in this overhaul, I suppose I must remove them? And I guess it's best to wait for my next campaign rather than install it during my ongoing Swedish campaign?
    Huge hidden bonuses were given by the firing drills. Fire By Rank gave a hidden bonus of around 30, platoon and improved platoon of around 70 which gave tremendous results, soldiers with very low reload rates reloading much faster than the best soldiers available.

It depends, you sure should remove some of my minimods as the same work is done here, what other minimods do you use ?

Okay, list coming:

1. tiyafeh's animation mod
    2. pisoiasul'satmospheric sound mod (ATM)
    3. Dracula's Naval Realism Mod
    4. Swiss Halberdier's AUM
    5. KillZoneGB's Empire Optimised
    6. Lord Sith's Napoleon Graphic Enhancements
    7. ToonTotalWar's Blood mod
    8. Kinjo's Brightworks mod
    9. Sir Chicken Digby Caesar's Texture Thread Mods and Of Kaiser, Tsar, Kayser, and Ghaysar - New Units Mod
    10. ARCHEIKE's Cannon Mods
    11. Luntik's Battle AI mod
    12. Veliky Kaiser Theos' Eastern Fire by Rank mod
    13. Emperor Batman999's Cavalry Firearms Mod
    14. Primergy's Larger Regimental Flags Mod
    15. my own personalised music mod
    16. erasmus777's Equipment Tweak Mod
    17. JFC's Empire Total Flags
    18. Okmin's War-torn Battle Flags Mod
    19. ben5010's Expatriate Line Infantry Unlock
    20. just's Larger Fonts Mod
    21. Your fatigue, naval and accuracy mods
    22. Abandoned Warlord's Misfires Mod
    23. Isabelxxx's Resistant Buildings Mod
    24. jarnomiedema's Grand Campaign Graphics Overhaul and United Provinces Retexture
    25. Oby's Improved Ship Models Mod
    26. GeraldDuval's Realism Soundpack
    27. adrian74's Indian UnitBooster Mod
    28. p.jakub88's Land Morale, Naval morale mod
    29. El Chupanibre's New Flag Bearer Marching Animation Mod
    30. The Hedge Knight's Night Mod
    31. Ottoman Realism Mod
    32. Too lazy to write, but the rest are visual and audio mods plus textures and reskins.

Oh my gawd, i thought i was brave installing (1) mod

nhinhonhinho's Avatar Domesticus

This mod sound fun! I'm going to try it .

Okay, list coming:

1. tiyafeh's animation mod
    2. pisoiasul'satmospheric sound mod (ATM)
    3. Dracula's Naval Realism Mod
    4. Swiss Halberdier's AUM
    5. KillZoneGB's Empire Optimised
    6. Lord Sith's Napoleon Graphic Enhancements
    7. ToonTotalWar's Blood mod
    8. Kinjo's Brightworks mod
    9. Sir Chicken Digby Caesar's Texture Thread Mods and Of Kaiser, Tsar, Kayser, and Ghaysar - New Units Mod
    10. ARCHEIKE's Cannon Mods
    11. Luntik's Battle AI mod
    12. Veliky Kaiser Theos' Eastern Fire by Rank mod
    13. Emperor Batman999's Cavalry Firearms Mod
    14. Primergy's Larger Regimental Flags Mod
    15. my own personalised music mod
    16. erasmus777's Equipment Tweak Mod
    17. JFC's Empire Total Flags
    18. Okmin's War-torn Battle Flags Mod
    19. ben5010's Expatriate Line Infantry Unlock
    20. just's Larger Fonts Mod
    21. Your fatigue, naval and accuracy mods
    22. Abandoned Warlord's Misfires Mod
    23. Isabelxxx's Resistant Buildings Mod
    24. jarnomiedema's Grand Campaign Graphics Overhaul and United Provinces Retexture
    25. Oby's Improved Ship Models Mod
    26. GeraldDuval's Realism Soundpack
    27. adrian74's Indian UnitBooster Mod
    28. p.jakub88's Land Morale, Naval morale mod
    29. El Chupanibre's New Flag Bearer Marching Animation Mod
    30. The Hedge Knight's Night Mod
    31. Ottoman Realism Mod
    32. Too lazy to write, but the rest are visual and audio mods plus textures and reskins.
    Some texture conflicts may occur, but for now you shouldn't get any major issue or crash. The issue you will probably find the most often will be having your line infantry stand in a too large formation for the extra units added by AUM. The misfires mod will conflict as I increased misfires to higher levels as the mod you currently increased does, the Land Morale Naval Morale mod will not conflict if it is loaded before, and it's naval morale part will still work.

Quote Originally Posted by poa View Post
    Oh my gawd, i thought i was brave installing (1) mod
    Then it's time to get braver.

Quote Originally Posted by Goutlard View Post
    Some texture conflicts may occur, but for now you shouldn't get any major issue or crash. The issue you will probably find the most often will be having your line infantry stand in a too large formation for the extra units added by AUM. The misfires mod will conflict as I increased misfires to higher levels as the mod you currently increased does, the Land Morale Naval Morale mod will not conflict if it is loaded before, and it's naval morale part will still work.
    Just wondering about an important matter. Since I'm already using multiple unit packs which work together through the UPC, will this overhaul work alongside the other unit packs and the UPC?

@napoleon: you might be the right man to ask !
    I want a mod where cavalry pursue enemy once they are broken.
    I play almost exclusively auto -resolve, but in addition to being heavily tilted in favor of AI, (which i can live with)
    the biggest catch is that my army doesnt finish the job !
    So: any mod that mop-up on auto-resolve ?

Ehh, no. You can only get a complete annihilation of the enemy army if you pursue them with your (preferably light) cavalry once they are routing. Auto-resolve is only good when attacking settlements or forts. For the rest, it's better to slug it out yourself. Any more questions, ask them in the Discussion thread.

Then it's time to get braver.

Just wondering about an important matter. Since I'm already using multiple unit packs which work together through the UPC, will this overhaul work alongside the other unit packs and the UPC?
    This mod already has an UPC (localisation : my_loc.pack) in it. The multiple unit packs will work but there will be name issues with this mod (unnamed units) due to the 2 UPC being used at the same time.

Ack. Hopefully SwissHalberdier will include this overhaul in his next UPC update.

Version 2.0 is out and the mod is now on mod DB !

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Example : New artilleryman model.
    Last edited by Goutlard; January 10, 2014 at 04:41 PM.

Default Re: Ottoman Total Overhaul Mod Version 2.0 : Darthmod AI, fully new Campaign and Battle Gameplay, New units, New buildings effects, Edited Technologies, Ottoman Overhaul !

Great mod. Thank you.

Sixt's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Ottoman Total Overhaul Mod Version 2.0 : Darthmod AI, fully new Campaign and Battle Gameplay, New units, New buildings effects, Edited Technologies, Ottoman Overhaul !

hi i just tried your mod in a custom battle, it feels and looks great, though one thing, you haven't removed the firings drills? fire and advance, and platoon fire and so forth, its that on purpose? personally i dont like the firing drills, it makes the units fire in an unrealistic robotic way, so i hope you at some time will male nom firingdrill version :-)
    Other than that, no problems, tomorrow i think i will try a campaign with your mod, thanks for your work...

Quote Originally Posted by Sixt View Post
    hi i just tried your mod in a custom battle, it feels and looks great, though one thing, you haven't removed the firings drills? fire and advance, and platoon fire and so forth, its that on purpose? personally i dont like the firing drills, it makes the units fire in an unrealistic robotic way, so i hope you at some time will male nom firingdrill version :-)
    Other than that, no problems, tomorrow i think i will try a campaign with your mod, thanks for your work...
    I have removed Platoon Fire. I have kept Rank Fire and Fire and advance for two reasons :
    1. Correcting the collision issues by making the unit collision area larger prevents the backward ranks to fire (you know, the skirmish drill where all ranks fire at will) and therefore only the first rank fires. This completelly breaks the game balance and makes melee units be able to charge with nearly no casualties.
    2. The Fire and Advance firing drill permits to units with more than 3 ranks to fire all their ranks one by one. If you use overmax unit sizes it prooves to be very useful.

Just tried it out on Custom Battles. I don't know why but the range for units have been shot up. LI now has 100 Range, light infantry 180, etc. Is it because of the mod. And the morale system is weird, I had a unit, a Hungarian Line Infantry from AUM routing at 7 men. And also, since I'm planning to play as Prussia, will the mod AI work in that campaign as well as in Ottoman ones?

EDIT: Never mind the range and morale issue, I've fixed that.
    Last edited by napoleon boneaparte; January 18, 2014 at 11:25 AM.

Just tried it out on Custom Battles. I don't know why but the range for units have been shot up. LI now has 100 Range, light infantry 180, etc. Is it because of the mod. And the morale system is weird, I had a unit, a Hungarian Line Infantry from AUM routing at 7 men. And also, since I'm planning to play as Prussia, will the mod AI work in that campaign as well as in Ottoman ones?

EDIT: Never mind the range and morale issue, I've fixed that.
    The range is normal I wanted to test new ranges and see feedback. Hwever the Hungarian Line Infantry routing at 7 men makes no sense, can you explain me what was the problem ?

I am trying to make a mod that combines realism and arcade. That is why I decided to give on the one hand realistic kill rates for ranged weapons ; a much more alive and closer to reality morale meanwhile I give slightly exaggerated bonuses for killing enemies so that the balanced battles take a long time and have up to 40-60% casualties before rout rather than the standard 20-30% when the balance is strongly in favour of one side.

This results in decisive (well less than Empire Total War Vanilla) engagements on balanced battles meanwhile a lack of organisation or a failed assault causes retreat of the loosing side before it being destroyed.
    Last edited by Goutlard; January 19, 2014 at 07:44 AM.

I don't know. Previously, I used p.jakub88's Land Units Mod which did its job well except for an issue in which defenders of fortifications fought to the death, even Armed Citizenry! When I installed this Overhaul, I removed the LUM, and the situation I mentioned above occured. And also, the ranks are too close together to the point that when they march, the line is disorganised and the troops have to take some time to form up before firing.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast