Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: [Announcement] GS Westeros Tag team Tournament FaQ

Ice Eyes's Avatar King of Winter

Default [Announcement] GS Westeros Tag team Tournament FaQ

TWC Gaming Staff Presents

Westeros Tag Team Tournament

Over the past week I have been looking through the Hotseat section and notice that there has never been held a Westeros Tag Team Tournament. Surprised by this observation I contacted all members of The Gaming Staff Team about creating a Tournament for the Westeros Hotseat Section.
    We all loved the idea and now announcing that we the Gaming Staff will be holding the first ever Tag Team Tournament, which we are hoping to Start by this coming Friday 22.11.13.

----BACKGROUND----

All players from Young bloods to Old Bloods will be able to participate. The tournament will be split into 3 Hotseats. Each Hotseat will have 3 teams so 6 players in each Hotseat which will make up to 18 players all together. This Tournament will be completely based on the Song of Ice and Fire Series and the HBO'S Game of Thrones. There will be 6 Factions available in each Hotseats, players will be teamed as:

House Stark/House Tully or 'The Northern Alliance'
    House Joffrey/House Lannister or ‘The Lannister Alliance’
    House Renly/House Tyrell or 'The Alliance of the South'

Players will pick another player that they believe that will work with and will be randomly split into which Hotseat they will be Participating in. Also as if you have not been aware there will be No Betrayal, No Alliance with other teams or Nap's (Non-aggression Pact) This is due to players having a certain amount of Turns to Complete their Objective.

----FAQ----

1. How do you participate?

In order for you to participate you will require a partner that you are comfortable with and who work well with!

2. Do I need a Partner to Participate?
    Yes, you will need to require a partner!

3. How many players or Teams will be able to Participate?
    There will be 18 players that will be able to participate in the Tournament all together making 9 teams!

3. What Song of Ice and Fire scenario will the tournament be based on?
    The scenario will be ‘Clash of Kings’ Houses Stark and Tully fighting for independence from the Iron Throne and Renly fighting for his claim for the throne!

4. Why can’t we Betray or have Alliances?
    All teams will be assigned a Faction, each faction will have objectives that need to be accomplished or come close to in 15 turns. So having alliances would be not lore wise and not suitable with their objective to complete. Teams will consist of two players, betrayal will not be tolerated at all if it is seen the active GS member admining that Hotseat will kick that player out and his partner and will be banned from Gaming Staff Hotseats and Tournaments in the near Future!

5. How long do the Hotseats last for?
    There will be 3 Hotseats going at once, each will reach up to 15 turns after that the GS will decide the winning team of each!

6. Where are Houses Martell, Arryn, Stannis and Greyjoy Factions? And why weren’t they included?
    During the ‘Clash of kings’ Houses Arryn and Martell were neutral and seeing as this is complete lore based they will not be featured. With Stannis and Greyjoy they cannot team up as it inst lore wise! NO buts or maybes on this matter!!

7. What happens when my team wins the tournament?
    As stated before there will be 3 Hotseats at once, the winner of each will be then moved to the Final Championship Hotseat to determine who is the best tag team pair!

8. What award does the Winning team get?
    The Winning team that won in each 3 Hotseats will receive 15+rep each, After that whoever wins the final Championship Hotseat will be awarded 20+rep each and a Medal or Award!

9. Who will be admining?
    As this is a GS Group lead Tournament each will admin one Hotseat and play in another so we can kick some ass! : P

10. What’s happens if I'm an Idiot, that I break the rules or start a Flame war?
    The rules are there and if you are an Idiot and break them you will receive one warning if repeated not just you will be kicked but your partner as well and possible will be taken further beyond that as well!

The Gaming Staff will not tolerate poor behaviour so please obey the rules!

----FACTIONS AND OBJECTIVES----

The Alliance of the North:
    - Needs to hold all starting settlements
    - Needs to take kings landing
    Needs to eliminate House Joffrey and
    Lannister completely or come close to and stay independent from Renly/Tyrell in 15 turns

The Lannister Alliance:

- Needs to hold most of their starting settlements
    - Needs to hold kings landing
    - Needs to eliminate Houses Stark/Tully and Houses Renly/Tyrell or make them Bend the knee or come close to in 15 turns

The Alliance of the South:

- Needs to hold all starting settlements
    - Needs to take kings landing
    - Needs to eliminate House Joffrey and Lannister completely or come close and make Houses Stark/Tully bend the knee in 15 turns

----Players and Teams----

Team 1: Ice Eyes and Uriyaca
    Team2: Mithridate and Dux
    Team3:Matto and Vozd
    Team4: Riverknight and Guy with No Imagination
    Team5: Emperor of Hell and Korpskog
    Team6: DrakeRox and Tyler5656
    Team7: Aldor and SoulGamesInc
    Team8: Jiub and Jemdkyl
    Team9: The Fluffy Bunny and Themzr

We need this Teams filled by Friday, so please don't be shy,apply and have a go! All objectives are simple. Can you win the Game of Thrones!

----Rules----

You have 16 hours to take your turn, if you don't ask for an extension or don't have appointed a personal sub you will be skipped. Give ur password to ur ally in any case!!!

§ It is not allowed to abuse bugs to your or anyones advantage. These include but are not limited to:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

• The naval fort bug: No using ships to bypass a fort or a settlements Zone of Control.
    • Spam siege bug: Besieging a fort or a settlement with a force far superior in it, in order to either prevent that army from reinforcing or in order to cut down a settlements income is not allowed.
    • Fort watchtower bug: Constructing watchtowers in order to prevent forting is not allowed. You can construct watchtowers, but you will be asked to replay if it is obvious the reason why the watchtower has been built is to prevent forting
    • Heroic victory bug: No Heroic victories at all. If you get a heroic victory you must reload until you get a different result, and if you cannot get a different result then you will not be allowed to play the battle.
    • Ambush fort bug: No luring men in ambush position into ZoC of forts\settlement's as such robbing them of their movement points.
    • Siege reinforcement bug: when the army is adjacent to a fort or a settlements that has been put under siege it cannot reinforce armies adjacent to him which he should have been able to reinforce on normal occasions. Attacking an army which the siege reinforcements bug applies to is not allowed
    • Navy inside ports attacked bug: no using this bug to attack ships which are inside ports.
    • Yoyo armies\forts bug: no attacking an army which the bug has been used on mutliple times. You can see when this bug accures, as the enemy army enters the fort and then leaves it.
    • You are not allowed to encircle an army, just to deny its retreat.

§ Destroying buildings is not allowed in these 3 situations:

1. If the settlement is under siege
    2. A far superior army is one turn away from the settlement. *exception: if it is turn one it is allowed
    3. You have not yet held that settlement for 3 turns *exception: does not apply on turn 1-3 on home regions

§ 4 units per fort. UNLIMITED FORTS!

§ You are not allowed to sally out to attack a besieging army just to deny the enemy of sacking the settlement.

§ You have to VM/PM the next player after you upload your save.

§ Posting pictures of battle odds, and results is mandatory. All pics must show the attacking and deffending forces. You are advised to delete your finance and minimap

§ The recruitments of spies\assasins and their use is prohibited

§ Armies defeated by a player (b) that comes after the original player (a)'s turn cannot move next turn, so if Tyrell defeats a Lannister army that army cannot move next turn. - Exception: Reinforcing armies in fortification, even if defeated, don't lose movement points. So player 'a' should be allowed to move the army that reinforced another while in a fort and was defeated by 'b'.
    Addendum to the same rule: no sallying out of a fort\castle which has forces which were defeated last turn. This is to make it fair for those who come last at the turn order, because they will not be able to do this

§ No sailing from a blockaded port without first defeating the blockade (land or sea units alike).

§ It is not allowed use a princess to steal a general, unless there is more then 35% of success. (pics must be posted)

§ Settlements gifted should disband all units, except for one to keep public order.

§ One turn peace for everybody, so no forting in enemy lands *exception: a faction who is before you in the turn order placed units in your territory. Example: Lannister can't attack Tully in turn 1. Tully can attack Lannister if he placed his troops in his territory.

§ The recruitment of siege equipments and their use is prohibited.

§ It is illegale to place armies or any kind of land forces (Archers, Infantry, Cavalry) onto ships which are inside ports. This is to prevent players from hiding their men inside the port, where they are untouchable

§ It is illegale to burn down ports in order to get around rule 11- if your port is blockaded and there are ships inside that port, if you burn down the port the ship is not allowed to move

§ in case someone preforms a trick\move which isn't forbidden by the rules that the admin does not like, that action (if it should be allowed or not) goes to a vote and if more then half the players agree then that rule will become valid next turn

§ It is forbidden to ransom defeated enemy soldiers, as the player cannot refuse.

§ AI lands cannot be taken.

§ It is forbidden to kill agents (diplomats and princesses).

§ The admin's decision is final.

Last edited by Ice Eyes; June 18, 2015 at 03:54 AM. Reason: added op image

Default Re: [Announcement] GS Westeros Tag team Tournament

Indeed a lovely idea, good to hear they're not as stiff regarding medals any longer.

Dux, are you with me to win this silly thing^^?
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

i dont know mith maybe uri and i might win!!!

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

What about Stannis, Greyjoy, Arryn and Martell? Removed or just AI? Anyhow I take the Liberty to sign up team Korpskog (myself & Lakritstroll)
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

They will be probably be removed!

BTW since this is a team tournament is it okay to choose a partner of the same IP-adress? Otherwise I will have to put my charm on and seduce a new partner... refering to this: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...aff-and-WTW-HS

Ummm.... seeing as Dux is the main go to guy who is main admin in the westeros section he will decide ur situation, ill let him decide
    Last edited by Ice Eyes; November 19, 2013 at 01:40 AM.

Sounds allright! Actually it might be more fun and challengeing to work with somebody else, Lakritstroll has a huge napoleon-complex and do not respect the elderly...

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Korpskog View Post
    Sounds allright! Actually it might be more fun and challengeing to work with somebody else, Lakritstroll has a huge napoleon-complex and do not respect the elderly...
    Lol

Me and Ice will rule this world!!! Hopefully we won't face Mith and Dux tho, I'd like to fight them in the final level

I would see Korps and Lakrist as worthy opponents as well . Looking forward also to fight Matto and his team

Matto16's Avatar Steward of Middle Earth

This sounds very interesting indeed.

I would like to have either the Forgotten or vozd as my partner because our cooperation in the past was very successful.
    TATW HS Community Award

all sound good guys better be quick though this will fill up soon!

OHH and uri and i will dominate if we face dux and mith bring it on!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Matto16 View Post
    This sounds very interesting indeed.

I would like to have either the Forgotten or vozd as my partner because our cooperation in the past was very successful.
    Oh god a team of Matto and Vozd will be awesome
    I'd very much to win that medal, I lost my last shot at the medal when our beloved former head of gaming staff (Grouchy) kicked me out of Immortals! Now I will have another shot for it

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post
    Indeed a lovely idea, good to hear they're not as stiff regarding medals any longer.

Dux, are you with me to win this silly thing^^?
    Of course Mith.

Regarding the not so stiff attitude. Well, we can only hand out like 3 or 4 medals every year. But since we have not handed out any yet this year, and Immortals and Proving Grounds are far from done, I thought it would be good to start another competition that might actually finish within two months(bit optimistic here but the 16h time should help with this).

@Korps: That might not be a good idea, people are always going to ask questions and raise doubts about same IP address. I think it would be best if you picked another partner.
    Last edited by Dux; November 19, 2013 at 04:34 AM.

Are we going to use a new turnorder to make co-op easier or to we stay with the original one? If we change it I think Lannister and Joffrey should have the first turn due to being cought in the middle of the map between two fronts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default [Announcement] GS Westeros Tag team Tournament

@Dux I don't think Korps and Lakrist teamed up should be a problem, since they are allies so that really doesn't matter. If say I need to sub Ice for 1 turn does that mean we are both using the same IP adress and should be eliminated?
    I think Korps and Lakrist will make a fine team together and I approve of them playing together should they fight me and Ice. But of couse this is up for Gaming Staff to decide

@Korps yes I agree, the turn order should be as such-
    1) Joffers
    2) Lannister
    3) Stark
    4) Tully
    5) Renly
    6) Tyrell

This will make the game a bit more fair I think. Also speed it up should your ally need subbing
    Last edited by Uriyaca; November 19, 2013 at 06:46 AM.

Riverknight's Avatar Last of the Romans

I will reserve Tully and Stark for me and my friend guy.

(If I convince him to play)

prepare

to

get

trolled
    Last edited by Riverknight; November 19, 2013 at 08:19 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Riverknight View Post
    I will reserve Tully and Stark for me and my friend guy.

(If I convince him to play)

prepare

to

get

trolled
    I'm not sure if you can reserve factions. Me and Ice also wanted Tully and Stark but I think this will be a random drawout

I'd love to see Guy return with a hotseat

Right searching for new partner! Keep a spot open for me will ya?

edit* aproached between 5-10 good players, whoever accepts will help forge a strong team!
    Last edited by Korpskog; November 19, 2013 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriyaca View Post
    I'm not sure if you can reserve factions. Me and Ice also wanted Tully and Stark but I think this will be a random drawout

I'd love to see Guy return with a hotseat
    Ok... its cool

I will still try to get him to come... if not I'll have to look for a new partner.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Guy will join rejoice heathens

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast