Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your sports achievements?

Default Your sports achievements?

Whether you pay football, American football, hockey, baseball, rugby, whatever, come brag about you and your team's exploits. Unless you play cricket, in which case, I really don't care.

My school football (soccer) team started off the season badly with a 2-1 loss to a very good team and a 6-4 travesty where the ref literally screwed us out of a victory (both our coach and the other team's coach are going to complain - the ref didn't call two blatant offsides goals from the other team and one of our goals reflected off the crossbar into the goal and was caught inside by their goalie who admitted it was a goal and the ref ruled it as a save - real score, 5-4, us winning). But we've recovered with a 3-1 win, a 5-3 victory over one of the toughest teams in our league (we were trailing 2-3 with 9 minutes left in the game and just exploded with 3 goals in 4 minutes), and today we won 7-0 ... it was just ridiculous. But a clean sheet is a clean sheet!

I play goalkeep, by the way.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

Default Re: Your sports achievements?

Wow, excellent work! A 7-0 victory? I feel sorry for the other team.

Scored an own goal yesterday/today/whatever.

Not strictly my fault, the man would have scored no matter where I put it, and there was less chance of it going in if I could just inch it past the post...I did, but on the wrong side. Big scramble.

The sad thing is that it was the best match I've played so far this season. Aside from that one incident, it would have been great.
    Last edited by Evil Maniac From Mars; September 25, 2006 at 08:33 PM.

JP226's Avatar Dux Limitis

My hockey team was runners up in 98 and 99, state champions in 2001.
    Sure I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is Im not. I honestly feel that America is the best country and all other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

I swim. Not much in the way of earning acheivments there, unless you go to the Olympics. I am quite good and all, but its an individual sport so you really are competing against yourself when it comes down to it.
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be used until they try and take it away.
    Staff Officer of Corporal_Hicks in the Legion of Rahl
    Commanding Katrina, Crimson Scythe, drak10687 and Leonidas the Lion

Fabolous's Avatar Power breeds Arrogance

As some of you know, I'm a pretty good goalkeeper for my high school team, as well as a local club team. High school season hasn't started up yet, so here I am playing club, still haven't been scored on, though I have not played as much as I am used to, they are (supposedly) trying to break in a back up before things heat up. I've probably only played about half the minutes this season. Have not played keep at all in a few games.
    (I think coach is just trying to prove some point about dedication to the team, he is just ****** because I missed a few practices because of this girl... which is another issue for another thread.)

Been playing forward though, 8 goals in 10 games, though I won't decieve you, one was a PK, two others were free kicks. Two of the other 5 were headers on corners, the last 3 I could describe in detail, but I'll spare you.

So, not much keep, but playing keep all the time for both seasons can get tired, so its nice to get out and run around.

EDIT: Basketball or football exploints of mine some other time.

EDIT 2: Or bowling. You guys should see me bowl, I flat out pwn, no lie.
    tBP knows how to handle a sword. -Last Crusader

Under the Honorable Patronage of Belisarius
    Formerly Under the Patronage of Simetrical
    Proud Patron of Lusted, Rome AC, Solid, and Dirty Peasant

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Maniac From Mars
    Scored an own goal yesterday/today/whatever.

Not strictly my fault, the man would have scored no matter where I put it, and there was less chance of it going in if I could just inch it past the post...I did, but on the wrong side. Big scramble.

The sad thing is that it was the best match I've played so far this season. Aside from that one incident, it would have been great.
    Hey, it happens to everyone. I'll probably have a similar embarassment on the pitch some time, though I haven't ****ed up badly yet.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Quote Originally Posted by Mudd
    I swim. Not much in the way of earning acheivments there, unless you go to the Olympics. I am quite good and all, but its an individual sport so you really are competing against yourself when it comes down to it.
    Yeah, basically what he said. Though our team (while I was on it) was in state championshps for the past 2 years. The guys lost, but the girls one states.

As for hockey, hm.......the most goals I had in a game was a hat trick, but I don't play hockey for my school anymore, so yeah, I'm pretty proud of that, especially since I was playing right defense that game (I'm usually right wing)

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

i could beat you swimming, I grew up on the ocean.
    Sure I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is Im not. I honestly feel that America is the best country and all other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Quote Originally Posted by therussian who has a long name I can't remember
    Yeah, basically what he said. Though our team (while I was on it) was in state championshps for the past 2 years. The guys lost, but the girls one states.
    Our team goes to state every year, but last year we got about 4 times more points overall than we had ever gotten before, so that was good. But our team is really small. Only like 25ish guys, and about three divers on the whole team. Our girls team is twice that size.

Quote Originally Posted by jp226
    i could beat you swimming, I grew up on the ocean.
    I bet you didn't swim eight miles a day for three years in the ocean though.
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be used until they try and take it away.

You aren't from a sea side state are you? I grew up outdoors. In the summers it was in GA, during the rest of the year it was on the water fishing and swimming. I used to spend on abverage 10 to 15 hours swimming in fall and spring a week. The winters not much.

Quote Originally Posted by JP226
    You aren't from a sea side state are you? I grew up outdoors. In the summers it was in GA, during the rest of the year it was on the water fishing and swimming. I used to spend on abverage 10 to 15 hours swimming in fall and spring a week. The winters not much.
    I live in Washington, and trust me, you would get your ass handed to you if you ever joined a swim team. Competitive swimming is infinetly harder than recreational swimming. You might have an advantage over the people who are just starting, because your shoulder muscles are accustomed to the motions, but there is no way that you could compete effectively just because you spent a lot of time in the water.

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Quote Originally Posted by Mud one "d"
    Our team goes to state every year
    Yeah, same with our team, but we have mayb 35 guys and 40 girls

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

What do you hink I do in the water??? Sit there? I learned to swim competitively but never took it up like I did hockey. Beyond that, hell, the water temps would kill me in washington, not so much the sport. I grew up in Tampa.

I swam until the end of high school. Mudd, they dont have city, state, and regional stuff where you are? We would have the standard team stuff, but would also be able to qualify for higher stuff based on individual performances.

This doesnt matter. Practices and such are indoors, or at least they are here, in olympic sized pools, etc.
    (Patron of Lord Rahl)

in texas? I have family from texas and I lvoe the state, I won't bash you or it, or better yet her.

Quote Originally Posted by MadBurgerMaker
    I swam until the end of high school. Mudd, they dont have city, state, and regional stuff where you are? We would have the standard team stuff, but would also be able to qualify for higher stuff based on individual performances.
    Yes they do, and I qualify for that stuff, I just don't see it as an acheivement really...

What do you hink I do in the water??? Sit there? I learned to swim competitively but never took it up like I did hockey. Beyond that, hell, the water temps would kill me in washington, not so much the sport. I grew up in Tampa.
    If you swim for fun in the ocean, you are not working as hard as you do for a swim team, unless of course you swim across the English Channel or something. You might qualify to be a strong swimmer, but in comparison to people who swim competitively, you are just outclassed.

hehe I don't think pools have the same currents as the ocean does. Maybe i amwrong but I can watch a football game in the pool with a beer and not worry about ebing washed away despite the physical edge stopping you.

in texas? I have family from texas and I lvoe the state, I won't bash you or it, or better yet her.
    Yeah. Everyone practices indoors for both swimming and water polo here, unless something is wrong with the facility, then they might move to an outdoor pool for a couple days.

Yes they do, and I qualify for that stuff, I just don't see it as an acheivement really...
    Depends on where you are and who youre competing against, I suppose. :original:

hehe I don't think pools have the same currents as the ocean does. Maybe i amwrong but I can watch a football game in the pool with a beer and not worry about ebing washed away despite the physical edge stopping you.
    If you want current, you can go swim in one of those endless pools. Less chance of being stuck by a hypodermic needle or beaing bitten by a shark, I would imagine.

Seriously though, when it comes to competitive swimming, when youre practicing, a controlled environment allows you to make sure your form is perfect, etcetcetc. Aside from that, you simply dont need a current, since youre still swimming for three or four hours a day (morning and evenings, 2 hours each here) and for several miles.
    (Patron of Lord Rahl)

Wild Bill Kelso's Avatar Protist Slayer

Waay back sometime in the early to mid-90s I was provincial champion in my belt category for Karate (both kumite and kata). Thats about it.
    Still here since December 2002
    At sometime I patronized all these old bums:Necrobrit, Sulla, Scrappy Jenks, eldaran, Oldgamer, Ecthelion,Kagemusha, and adopted these bums: Battle Knight, Obi Wan Asterixand Muizer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast