Well basicly I'm going to start a roleplay/battlereport hybrid detailing the various conquests by myself playing the Republic of Rome (RTR Gold 6.5). I'm not a fanatic history buff so things may not add up, but they'll probably sound profound.

280 B.C,

From obscurity to omnipotence. (Politically speaking)

The Republic of Rome at this time was nothing more than a few city states banded together under the leadership of Qunitus. Romes enemies, while not publicly announced leered at her territories with bitter spite and jealously, the Greeks to the south wanted to consolidate their Italian holdings while the war against Macedonia raged, knowing that they commanded the dominate army of the Peninsula they marched on the lower independant provinces of Paestium and Corfinium to secure their foothold on the peninsula and set the groundwork for a war against Rome. Qunitus, being a shrewed politican knew that open battle against a uncontested Greece would be difficult so in a skillful move sent his greatest diplomat to the fair nations of Illyria, Macedonia, Ptolmic , Pontus , Armenia and Seleucids securing alliances with all but the stubbern Selecids who only devulged thier map information for the gouged price of 4700 denarii, Rome being the richest nation in all the land could easily afford such a trivial costing for the security in knowing the Seleucids boarders. "Alliances with Pontus and Armenia? what the devil for!" Aha, Qunitus knew that the Seleucids would be a dominate force in the years to come and rightly so, they controled the most territory, the largest armies, the strongest navies, their hold on world was extremely significant. But he also knew that war between Armenia/Pontus and the Seleucids was inevitable. He knew that Pontus/Armenia with Rome as their loyal ally and supporter would have the confidence to put aside their petty squabbles and band together under a common cause, to create as much difficulty for the Selecuids as possible! The alliances with the Macedonians, Illyrians and Ptolemaics would aid in the war against Greece, Pontus and Armenia would aid Rome in the future war against Seleucia. While the diplomat was abroad the rich lands of Macedonia he was approched by the Sarmatians for an alliance, Qunitus accepted their support on the idea that if he could also secure the friendship of the Thracians the combined alliances of Illyria, Thracia and Sarmatia will assit Rome when Macedonia has become unuseful.

After the trivial formalities that is diplomacy 5 years had passed and Rome was ready for war.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Summery of diplomacy,

Alliances (all with trade rights)
Macedonia
Illyria
Ptolemaic
Gauls (I need to consolidate my armies to secure the southern peninsula)
Carthage (their navies/foothold on Sicily pressures the Greeks further)

Trade Rights
Greece
Selecuids
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
275 B.C,

The eagle marches south,

*I'll Start this when I get home later tonight, details the war with greece to the south and the fast paced diplomatic talking that secures a ceasefire after Romes war starts to turn.*

I wrote this while I was eating my bacon&eggs so hopefully there isn't a dreadfully high number of spelling/grammatical errors, I'll try and clean them up later tonight.