Thread: How do you change the main menu background?

Default How do you change the main menu background?

As it says, how do you change the main menu background? Thanks in advance.

Mackles's Avatar Roma Invicta

Default Re: How do you change the main menu background?

Still interested?

Quote Originally Posted by Mackles View Post
    Still interested?
    I am interested,so go on and say please.

Quote Originally Posted by perifanosEllinas View Post
    I am interested,so go on and say please.
    The method I'll outline might not be the absolute fastest way to do it, but it works It was also my first time modding so leniency pl0xx!

- Anyway, open up PFM and create a new mod under "File>My Mods>New"

- Enter the mod name (no spaces (tutorial for anyone so sorry if redundant!)) and choose a valid directory

- Open up the date_rome2.pack and find "ui > skins > default":

- Grab all the "fe_backdrop_boar.png" and "fe_backdrop_gaul.png"

- (For me being on the safe side) Click on each .png file and extract them through "Files > Extract > Extract Selected"

*The "fe_backdrop_boar.png" is the bronze boar image that appears as an overlay on the main menu
    The "fe_backdrop_gaul.png" is the green picture of Gaul background

- Go to the place you saved your mod to and you will see a new folder has appeared. When you extracted the files earlier it saved the related images here. The folder should be called "ui" and should lead through to "skins" and "default". In here you'll see all the overlay and background images.

- Next depends on what you want to do. If you just want to completely get rid of the boar and not replace it then you'll need to open up the boar.png in Photoshop or Gimp and just delete everything so you have a transparent background. If you want to replace the boar with something else then again, open up in Photoshop and Gimp and delete and replace. Make sure the rest of the image is transparent still, or you'll get a horrid result at the end. Either way, delete the "fe_backdrop_boar.png" from the default folder and then paste in your replacement or transparent empty image and name it exactly the same. Delete the reference file for boar.png in PFM as well.

- Right-click on the "default" section. "Add > Empty Directory". Right-click on "empty" (which should have appeared next to the gaul.png file) and "Add > File(s)...". Open up the "ui/skins/default" folder pathway, select your new file and click ok.

- Then repeat those steps for the "fe_backdrop_gaul.png" to replace the background image with the image file of your choosing. Don't replace the boar and gaul .png's at the same time or you'll delete the directory and have to start over again.

- Make sure you save your new image files as .png's.

All the PFM stuff is quick and easy to do once you know what you're doing. Sorry if this tutorial is too long, wanted to make it fool proof!
    Last edited by Mackles; January 02, 2014 at 04:53 PM.

Actually posted the right thing this time! xD

Hi, I want to ask a question; I download Attila total war 1220 mod. Than I removed the mod but the mods main menu still there how can I take back my original attila's main menu ?