Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [FACTION PREVIEW] The Selediri

Default Re: The Selediri Full Preview

Quote Originally Posted by The Vitiated Mind View Post
    Beautiful stuff , I also must confess that I expected the lore to be cheesy and unoriginal , but this is good quality stuff .
    Always expect the unexpected in DragonDawn

Squeaks's Avatar More full of whinging

Quote Originally Posted by The Vitiated Mind View Post
    Beautiful stuff , I also must confess that I expected the lore to be cheesy and unoriginal , but this is good quality stuff .
    Fair enough....to be honest that's really been my biggest worry, and what's taken time. The little factions were hard to make 'not just fillers', and the bigger ones were hard to make not cheesesome. I'm glad you think that! Comments like this make me happy with it all. The problem then is that there's so much 'lore' and background and stuff that it's hard to decide which bits matter, as putting it all in would just make people die of boredom. It's certainly no work of genius, but it's nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Roboute Guilliman View Post
    great work
    Thanks. It's nice to get praise from people who have stalked TWC and modding a lot....

Blimey...we made a second page of posts

There's nout wrong with a good bit of cheese though.

NekoGenijalan's Avatar Unruffled Equanimity

Quote Originally Posted by Squeaks View Post
    Blimey...we made a second page of posts
    Aaaand, almost 2000 views, not bad. There is already a steady base of supporters.

Indefinitely Banned

Awesome job guys, looks really cool !

I can't believe you forgot all about me . You sure know how to make a fella feel like an unwanted dried up turd on and old stretch of road...

Those wargs and wolves bodies look like they need some smoothing, but they should already be smoothed. Do you have "auto smooth" enabled in MilkShape? It can reverse the effects of previous smoothing if you do. I always disable auto smooth and smooth manually. If you can't figure out how to fix it just send em to me and I will do it real quick.

All the armor looks very detailed, great job on that.

Edit; ...and don't forget to save a spot in your .edu for the Silly Spiders that ride two unicycles each.

Edit#2; You know how to use two texture files for the mounts right? I think I remember telling you but it has been awhile since we last spoke so I am not so sure.
    Last edited by alreadyded; November 21, 2013 at 04:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Simonyi de Vitézvár View Post
    Awesome job guys, looks really cool !
    Ta very much

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    I can't believe you forgot all about me . You sure know how to make a fella feel like an unwanted dried up turd on and old stretch of road...
    I must be the only person who forgot and pmed you to tell you I'd forgotten....so....

Those wargs and wolves bodies look like they need some smoothing, but they should already be smoothed. Do you have "auto smooth" enabled in MilkShape? It can reverse the effects of previous smoothing if you do. I always disable auto smooth and smooth manually. If you can't figure out how to fix it just send em to me and I will do it real quick.
    Yup. Auto-off, Ctrl-m. Dozy sod....course I know...

The issue is laziness of body texturing. I was more interested in getting a working model really, so they will need their entire bodies redoing. Plus I'd never fiddled with the wargs you did before....

All the armor looks very detailed, great job on that.
    Ta

Edit; ...and don't forget to save a spot in your .edu for the Silly Spiders that ride two unicycles each.
    Will do.

Edit#2; You know how to use two texture files for the mounts right? I think I remember telling you but it has been awhile since we last spoke so I am not so sure.
    Of course.

I'll have a peek in a bit and add "the 'licious" to the mod section of the first post.

Nice to see you here though, as ever, Dedward!

Selediri and Bandit Kings are probably two factions that I'm most enthusiatic about. This preview is the cream of the crop of TWC. Not only are models exquisite but also lore is really interesting. There are few things that surprised me i.e. when thinking of Selediri, I've always had an image of perfectly organized and disciplined army with a complex hierarchy.

There is only one thing that I dislike. SHABRACKS. I feel that purple shabracks don't suit Selediri coloring scheme. I think it would be the best to use red with gold ornaments (maybe some sort of ones looking like a phoenix or a dragon?).

Good to hear you like 'em. The horse-cloth-things aren't going to be purple, nor are selediri horses unarmoured - I should have said they will be armoured horses and no purple...does look daft!!

They're an oddly familiar bunch in some ways; the early notes and things we showed will have prepared a fair bit....the big question's always how much to tell and share without boring most people

Just to note...the saddle cloth is for Byzantine horses, which we use for Selediri as a slot

Borissomeone's Avatar Citizen

Looking really good!

Under the Patronage of TheFirstONeill.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12