Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Examining models_naval tables and CA's ship model

Default Re: Examining models_naval tables and CA's ship model

Quote Originally Posted by izzi View Post
    Hi guys, one question. What if the models_naval tables are just for everything that moves from the ship (guns and gun placement, animated things on deck, rigged and animated sequences: like sails, ropes, etc...)? I think that the static 3d models is defined in the "warscape_rigid_lod_tables" and its textures on "warscape_rigid_tables". I have been playing around a bit (with no succes, but I am close). But I need some help from you guys. I made a pack file where I put al the information (I think....)needed to make ship. But as I am not really a master in modding and didn't use assembly kit to do it, only with PFM, I think that I made some (minor)errors. I made a copy of a ship (chiyodagata), and renamed it to "gunboat"(just for testing). I used a hex editor to rename it in "models_naval" tables. And much more defined in the db: warscape_rigid_tables, warscape_rigid_lod_tables, units_to_groupings_military_permissions_tables, units_tables, unit_stats_naval_tables, naval_uniforms_tables, cdir_unit_qualities_tables, building_units_allowed_tables. I attached the file.Attachment 335945
    In Rome 2 and Attila, this is the case. Ships appearance uses variantmodels, like men.

In S2TW, Primergy has made a Bow Kobaya's appearance into a USS Monitor, but without changing its EFlines, floats, collision, etc. Try asking him.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Did he had the use model_naval_tables? I will see if I can contact him.

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

I have to reinstall jRuby first...
    I didn't reinstall it after my computer crashed during windows 10 installation last summer.

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

Quote Originally Posted by wangrin View Post
    I have to reinstall jRuby first...
    I didn't reinstall it after my computer crashed during windows 10 installation last summer.
    Oh ok. No prob. I just have to wait for primergy's reply how he made the custom uss monitor. If I already know how to retexture the ships. That's already a big step for me. I already made custom copy ships with different materials and names (like the hull material).

Is there someone that knows what the shipsname_ao texture file is? If yes, how to create it?

What would it take to add cannons to the Red Seal Ship? Ive been looking for a way to do it but it seems awfully complicated for a beginner.

There is a mod on Steam Workshop that has that, but it changes many other naval aspects and i'd rather stay as close to vanilla as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by skillfultree View Post
    What would it take to add cannons to the Red Seal Ship? Ive been looking for a way to do it but it seems awfully complicated for a beginner.

There is a mod on Steam Workshop that has that, but it changes many other naval aspects and i'd rather stay as close to vanilla as possible.
    It's really a tedious work. There is actually a converter (Taw made it), but's all in code. All the changes you make to a ship, has to be put in "models_naval_tables". But that table contains 3D geometry, so in code it's REALLY difficult (only minor changes). I am planning to investigate more in to this (for my mod), but that's really for a later time.

Hello guys I would like to Disagree We it really depend on the sort of mod you want for Example i changed the bow projectiles to cannons And it worked My new Model (not finished Yet) can fire guns because of that now
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20170220213202_2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by rohan97 View Post
    Hello guys I would like to Disagree We it really depend on the sort of mod you want for Example i changed the bow projectiles to cannons And it worked My new Model (not finished Yet) can fire guns because of that now
    A lot of things have changed since. Guess that modeling ships is kind of possible now. You_Guess_Who, imported a ship from NTW to FOTS, only the 3d model has to be fixed. But it is possible. I have not yet looked in to that, as I am busy with my own mod. Later on I will look in to ship modeling more.

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Hey guys, thanks for all the useful info here! I'm going to make use of it to try to make some new models_naval dbs + artwork for ships in Age of Bronze. I'll post up my experience doing them here.
    3D ARTIST (MODELS/TEXTURES), ANIMATOR, RIGGER

Hi Everyone,

That is all great, thanks everyone who contributed,

I have a question, when it comes to deck definitions, (and it's more like related to later titles) there is a number that seems to correlate with height (y), basically it's -y when the deck is flat:
    <piece id="39" something="0.0 1.0 0.0 -1.921">
    <corner type="1" x="1.764" y="1.921" z="-8.411"/>
    <corner type="1" x="1.764" y="1.921" z="-10.636"/>
    <corner type="0" x="-1.792" y="1.921" z="-10.636"/>
    </piece>

But in case of stairs e.g. it has some very odd value that I cannot deduce from the y
    these are the deck triangles of a liburnian stair:

<piece id="55" something="0.0 0.7031283974647522 -0.7110629677772522 8.866555213928223">
    <corner type="0" x="-1.792" y="1.921" z="14.369"/>
    <corner type="1" x="-4.285" y="1.921" z="14.369"/>
    <corner type="0" x="-4.285" y="4.251" z="16.673"/>

<piece id="54" something="0.0 0.7031283378601074 -0.7110629677772522 8.866554260253906">
    <corner type="0" x="1.764" y="4.251" z="16.673"/>
    <corner type="1" x="4.285" y="4.251" z="16.673"/>
    <corner type="0" x="4.285" y="1.921" z="14.369"/>

Does anyone have any idea how it is calculated?

I think this is the reason why my marines cannot move from one deck to another and cannot attack/be attacked from certain parts of the deck,
    although they are placed correctly.

Thanks in advance

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567