Thread: Problem with installing oriant.exe

Default Problem with installing oriant.exe

i downloaded the mod from a youtube video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4k8ikiygb0

i got oriant.exe but when ever i click it to install, it asks for my language, then i says that i don't have enough space on my computer but i have lots.

can somebody please help? i am desperate since this mod is the whole reason why i bought napolean total war!

IMRAHIL09's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: Problem with installing oriant.exe

Have you tried using the manual method of installing? I have never helped anyone online before but if you're willing to give it a go I would be glad to try and walk you through it. It looks like the links and download methods have changed since I have done it, so I may have to download it again myself in order to properly help you.
    Don't PM me, just post here. I almost never check my box and I would prefer anyone else who don't know how to use the manual install to be able to read our progress (if any is made!!).

Dude im so down to be your test subject. i redownloaded and installed everything back to vanilla and redownloaded the orient files. let me know when your available...

IMRAHIL09's Avatar Laetus

Sorry guys for the long delay. Real life issues and computer break down. But it meant I had to reinstall Napoleon TW along with the Zulu mod anyway. So now I have a fresh recall on it. I have windows 7, so I hope it's not too different if anyone has Vista or Win 8. By the way, has any one tried running the Orient.exe as administrator? (Right click on the file and a menu will show. Choose "Run as administrator".)

Before you start if you like to play vanilla Napoleon as well then backup the file "boot.pack" and the folder "campaigns" found in the Data folder here: C:\Steam Games\SteamApps\common\Napoleon Total War\data.

The first thing you'll need to do is extract the "Khartum-Zulu - Rorke's Drift.rar" file to an empty folder. (I assume we all downloaded the same torrent.) There should be a DATA folder and 4 text files. Drop the DATA folder into your Napolean folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\SteamApps\common\Napoleon Total War). If you did it right you will be asked if you want to merge folders and replace files. Say yes to all.

Next, open Windows Explorer and look for the "Folder and Search Options" by clicking the "Organize" button on the top left corner. It might be something else for Vista & Windows 8 but it still should be in the same spot. Once the menu opens, look for the "View" tab and click on it. There should be an option called "Hidden files and folders". Choose " Show hidden files, folders, and drives. Thie will show the AppData folder in your user folder (where the documents, pictures, dowloads, ect. are located).

Now get the "user.script.txt" and the "preferences.script.txt" you extracted and drop it in the scripts folder found here: C:\Users\"your user name"\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts. If you cannot find the "The Creative Assembly" folder then you need to run the game first and exit in order for it to be created.

If all went well it should work now.

Lt_John_Chard's Avatar Laetus

is there anyway to have the orient.exe work? i really don't want to go through that manual process and end up breaking napoleon total war up...

plz help