Thread: Does Amazon Total War work on Window 8?

Default Does Amazon Total War work on Window 8?

I downloaded version 7 of the game and did all the steps in the instruction (made a mod folder in the total war folder then upzip the game into it, created a shortcut of BI then enter the -mod:AmazonsTW-Recalesced -show_err, finally hit apply). It launches but always crashes right back to desktop. Anyone knows how to fix this? Thank you!

Default Re: Does Amazon Total War work on Window 8?

If you are having problem, you are not alone.

Here is a thread perhaps you should read first and see if the problem is solved.

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...-8-doenst-work
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

Thank you for the fast and helpful reply! I moved the game from E to Crogram files and it runs normally. The only problem I'm having is I can't find any factions to start the game. It always shows "Please select an item from the list" when I hit campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by YuriisMaster View Post
    Thank you for the fast and helpful reply! I moved the game from E to Crogram files and it runs normally. The only problem I'm having is I can't find any factions to start the game. It always shows "Please select an item from the list" when I hit campaign.

But custom battle works correctly?
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

Custom battle has all the vanilla Rome total war factions even though I use BI to play Amazon, weird.

Quote Originally Posted by YuriisMaster View Post
    Custom battle has all the vanilla Rome total war factions even though I use BI to play Amazon, weird.
    It means you have to disable the virtual mode for Windows 8.

To do that, please look into the tech paper for the Rome Total War, or try to PM your problem [here], and see if Aradan can help you out.

Or enter your problem at the Rome Total War general discussion, because there must be others who are having similar issues.