Thread: Multiplayer campaing mod?...

Default Multiplayer campaing mod?...

Dudes...I am asking a very serious question.... Did anyone try to create a multiplayer campaing mod ? Playing a campaing on the multiplayer...its unreal !!! i think everyone will agree to that =] Please someone tell me if there are any mods like that ? or is someone creating something like that ? thanks for the replays
    Member of B.A.L.T.S

As a patriot I have to say...For Lithuania !

Default Re: Multiplayer campaing mod?...

Its created, but its very very basic.

The contents are:
    An script that lets you play one turn and then it will autosave as "Quicksave" and then your multiplayer friend will be able to take over, Playercommanded battles are considered unfair due to incompetent AI (Although it can be disscussed in DarthMoD)
    “"The robber of your free will," writes Epictetus, "does not exist”

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Moved to the Mod Threads.

L`zard's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by jaklei
    Its created, but its very very basic.

The contents are:
    An script that lets you play one turn and then it will autosave as "Quicksave" and then your multiplayer friend will be able to take over, Playercommanded battles are considered unfair due to incompetent AI (Although it can be disscussed in DarthMoD)
    Got Links?
    I have the heart of a little child and the brain of a genius- I keep them in a jar under my bed.

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Check through these threads, there is a link to the script download and you can also see how this current game is going.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56630

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56633

I would also point out that my mod -- Rome Total Multiplayer -- also exists. This provides a play by email campaign where players fight their battles online, which is the main emphasis of the mod. It does not use the RTW campaign engine at all, but provides its own more rudimentary engine, recently updated to use DirectX. It is still very much a mod in the development/testing phase, but it can be downloaded from www.rometotalmultiplayer.com. It supports RTW/BI/Alexander (although no campaign has been written as yet for Alexander -- anyone who wants to, feel free -- and the BI campaign does not currently provide much in the way of reinforcements). It supports from 2 to as many factions as are setup in a campaign. Most of the custom campaigns support 2 or 3 players. Moves are simultaneous.

If you intend to run a server for this mod, you must have a dedicated POP/SMTP email address, since the server will consume all mail sent to it. Gmail alas will not work for the server, since the server only uses the standard POP port (110), not the SSL port required by Gmail. Gmail will work for the client side of the program, though.

It is designed so that the server can be set up and left running, since it continuously polls for new mail. Players can make their moves as and when they wish. Once the specified number of players has submitted moves for a turn (4 to a year), or a predefined time period has elapsed, the server will process all orders received and automatically email players with the updated results. If there are battles to be fought, those players involved will have battle setup files posted to them. Non player factions involved in battles will have a player take on their side. Players then arrange to meet online to fight the battle. The battle results are automatically emailed back to the server once the battle is finished, all casualties are applied, the loser retreats and the victor advances. Sieges, assaults and field battles are supported.

The single most important rule for players is to remember to save all email attachments sent by the server to the RTM Inbox on their desktop, otherwise they will not see the turn updates, nor have the battle setup files put in the correct locations.