Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 10 Tips to Win a Civil War

Sun Jetzu's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: 10 Tips to Win a Civil War

Quote Originally Posted by Octavius Vatco View Post
    This is very good news Sun Jetzu.... This brings back my hope for the game. Now I'll be just waiting for BAI siege behavior and the unit spacing getting rid of those clippings. These matters are the most significant for me.
    Glad you feel these tips significant.
    One Punch Man Series VS My Hero Academia Series - Who's Better?

Simplest tip..

Abuse almost non-existent Siege AI and win against armies 5x your size with better troops. I beat my roman civil war on legendary without losing a single settlement (not counting Roma which they take over automatically) or army.

I don't know if anyone else has this happen but after my civil war had gone on for about a 3 turns the capital was undefended so I took it and next turn every single rebel army attacked the capital they even broke sieges elsewhere and force marched armies over but pikes are op so I won

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

do you use mods that increses army limit? Also, which difficulty? I had conquered way more before civil war errupted (hard)

Quote Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
    do you use mods that increses army limit? Also, which difficulty? I had conquered way more before civil war errupted (hard)
    no mods, and I played on very hard. I had alot of allies and client states. Not sure if those count.

The AI is so dumb that employing any strategy against it seems like a cheat.

The civil war is easy since you can basically win every battle even though u are heavily outnumbered.

Most civil war armies will be gone in 10-20 turns since they wont have the food required.

How did I win the civil war, camp my main armies on my territory, get a strong defensive position, heroic victory, let the army fall back and be replenished, let another take its place, repeat a few times and bang... civil war won.

I cant believe people are whining about the civil war... the AI is dumb as hell and u can crush them with the slightest of skill... by just wearing them out.

Also money is never a problem... u can basically spam the AI to death as well.

Quote Originally Posted by rudthemighty View Post
    The AI is so dumb that employing any strategy against it seems like a cheat.
    In my last campaign, the rebel army (12 units plus fleets) spawned on Sardinia. I blocked all harbours of Italy, Sicily and Africa with strong legions and fleets and watched them starving to death. It was that simple.

The civil war feature is pointless, because you can't avoid a civil war and you can't loose a civil war or get in trouble. And it is no fun at all. Therefore the entire political system is pointless.
    Last edited by UsulDaNeriak; November 15, 2013 at 01:40 PM.

Primicerius

Anyone experienced a CW with the new patch yet? What is the new default imperium for it to happen with a 100% guarantee?

Or you just take one well balanced full stack and beat 3 full stacks with it with almost no losses, making it able to take on the next 3 full stacks the next turn etc. The BAI sucks and 1 vs 4 fullstacks can easily be won and you'll have 75% of your army left the next turn with replenisment rates, so civil war is a minor speed bumb, but if it would even take 4 settlements in total it's a big revolt.

It would be more fun if generals and their armies would revolt against you, if you organise your empire well you'll have armies everywhere to deal with problems that are unforseen and especially near your capital for when a civil war comes. But if your armies rebel you could be facing a much larger problem. Just give the rebels a 100k. gold when they emerge, so that they start spamming stacks, so that if you can't crush them in 5 turns they become really annoying, but don't let them emerge...

Quote Originally Posted by rudthemighty View Post

The civil war is easy since you can basically win every battle even though u are heavily outnumbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamidude View Post
    1 vs 4 fullstacks can easily be won

Both these statements are just 100% not true. Even if it wasnt a civil war army, 1 v even 2 odds makes your army a scarce victor at best. And thats with the variables of unit experience, unit type. And if you camp a hill when the AI attacks you. The most Iv been able to kill with only 1 stack is 2 full stacks and a third half a stack. And that was with fighting an army of rabble, with only a couple of oathsworn in the mix. With my vetted out legionnaires defending on a hill. When I was playing my Macedon campaign especially, I lost numerous times against barbarian stacks ganging up on one of mine on legendary. The reason for this was mostly that in late game more than half their units are oathsworn or bloodsworn. And with macedon I never had very good armies to begin with. Oathsworn vs hoplite, oathsworn would have just chainsawed there way through the Thermopylae pass. No problem.

Menumorut's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by SamueleD View Post
    20 full stacks? WTF?!?!?! Where the hell did all the soldiers come from? The clone factory on Kamino?
    They are all made in China like this game also

»MY GRAPHIC WORKSHOP« UNDER THE PARONAGE OF G☼D HIMSELF »MY ROMEII FAN ART«

Aeneas Veneratio's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Another tip (Rome only): While you can upgrade to the point, where you can build Marian Legionnaires, don't upgrade any armies before the civil war hit. The rebel armies will consist of hastati, principes, triarii and any type of unit you currently are using in an army. After the civil war begins, upgrade all your armies and the rebels will be cut to shreds.
    R2TW stance: Ceterum autem censeo res publica delendam esse

This civil war mechanic is one bland piece of programming. I suppose it would be fine if a middle school boy in his basement deemed this worthy to go into his project, but coming from CA it is comically pathetic. I guess the had to pay Brian blessings' food tab? WTH CA, this is so uninspiring and lazy. There are other parts of the game I feel are made well, but there is no strategy here, just stupidity.
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

Quote Originally Posted by legate View Post
    The screenshot you posted will show any sensible person that the civil war is bugged.
    It's not bugged, it's Civil War© in Total War©:Rome 2© It's the endboss©!

Every time, the civil war (woohoo yay, civil war) happens, I start playing some fitting music.. (Like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp50IJ8JBGs for example) and prepare for some epic endboss civil war goodness! Woohoo! Yay, civil war! A challenge!

Then I laugh and cry and watch in disbelief as THE CIVIL WAR© goes on and starves itself to death 3 turns later. By the time this soundtrack I linkes is over, so is the civil war.

/internet sarcasm

I just had a few minor armies in my important provinces. my roman rebellion then spawned in the eperius starting village because it couldn't spawn with my own armies there.

I'm gonna pull a George carlin and say "Artificially inflated to reach 10"

I once Civil wared as Parthia on the steps to Alexandria. in a Head to Head vs Egypt. As the Partian Nobles started eating my land up unapposed and my income freefalling it was a race against time to get Alexandria with my remaining 3 elite stacks. Heavily guarded i took with it with extreme casualties and won the campaign by the skin of my teeth.

Epic,epic,epic. only in Rome II....
    Last edited by DeliCiousTZM; August 02, 2014 at 06:36 PM.
    Youtube channel
    Twitch channel
    Looking forward to Warhammer Total War

baptistus's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by DeliCiousTZM View Post
    Epic,epic,epic. only in Rome II....
    For sure you didn't play medieval: total war.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Just contain them and fill every choke point you can with fortified armies, also make sure you have strong navies, if you can destroy theirs then you can annihilate their transports whenever they go to sea.
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by baptistus View Post
    For sure you didn't play medieval: total war.
    2000h+ More than you most likely.
    Youtube channel
    Twitch channel
    Looking forward to Warhammer Total War

Quote Originally Posted by DeliCiousTZM View Post
    2000h+ More than you most likely.
    You put 2000h+ into the original Medieval: Total War? That's quite an impressive feat. One thing though, did you not notice in all those hours of gameplay that that game had civil wars too?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast