Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Loading Screens v1.3 (60 new load screens)

Herr Doctor's Avatar Biarchus

Default New Loading Screens v1.3 (60 new load screens)

The mod adds 40 new load screens that are based on the contemporary 18th century's military art and cover most important military events (and commanders) of the century: War of the Spanish Succession, War of the Austrian Succession, Seven Years' War etc. The modification is aimed to bring a bit of historical baroque immersion and classic style rather than dark "epic" feeling of CA works. The 1.2 and 1.3 versions also bring greater diversity of the load screens than original vanilla six.

NB: The screens are optimised for 16:9 and 16:10 (widescreen) displays.

Changelog:
    1.0:
    - Changed the basic vanilla 6 screens
    1.1:
    - Additional 14 new screens
    - A wider diversity of the load screens both for camping and battles
    1.2:
    - Added 20 new screens
    - Improved the quality and brightness of some previous pictures
    - Fixed all the ambient vanilla sounds to match screens properly
    1.3:
    - Added 20 new screens

The preview and list of screens (all images a clickable to check the full in-game size):
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

1. - Duke of Marlborough at the Battle of Blenheim (1704). Jucocus de Vos, early 18th century's Brussels tapestry [War of the Spanish Succession]
    2. - The Battle of Poltava (1709). Pierre-Denis Martin, 1726 [Great Northern War]
    3. - The allied Anglo-Dutch navy at the victorious Battle of Vigo Bay (1702). Anonymous Dutch painter, circa 1705 [War of the Spanish Succession]
    4. - Prince Eugene of Savoy at the background of the Siege of Belgrade (1717). Jacob van Schuppen, 1718 [Austro-Ottoman War of 1716–18]
    5. - Louis XV and Marshal Maurice de Saxe at the Battle of Fontenoy (1745). Pierre Lenfant, 1750s-1760s [War of the Austrian Succession]

6. - Friedrich the Great and General Zieten prior the Battle of Torgau (1760). Bernhard Rode, 1791 [Seven Years' War]
    7. - Admiral George Anson's victory off Cape Finisterre (1747). Samuel Scott, middle 18th century [War of the Austrian Succession]
    8. - Austrian and Prussian cuirassiers at the Battle of Lobositz (1756). 18th century's German painter [Seven Years' War]
    9. - The capitulation of Prussian General von Finck to Austrian Marshal Graf Daun at Maxen (1759). Hyacinth de La Pegna, circa 1760 [Seven Years' War]
    10. - The death of Major Peirson at the Battle of Jersey (1781). John Singleton Copley, 1783 [American War of Independence]

11. - King Gustav III of Sweden and his brothers Prince Fredrik Adolf and Prince Karl studying the military plan. Alexander Roslin, 1771
    12. - Grenadiers of the Austrian Foot Regiments "Los Rios", "Waldeck" and "Wurmbrand" as part of the Allied forces in Flanders (1748). David Morier, 1748 [War of the Austrian Succession] I really like these awkward guys.
    13. - Neumarkt in Dresden. Bernardo Bellotto, 1747 *You can see soldiers of the Saxon Leibgrenadiergarde regiment at the background
    14. - Robert Clive and Mir Jafar after the Battle of Plassey (1757). Francis Hayman, circa 1760 [Seven Years' War]
    15. - The palace of Versailles and the Chapel Courtyard. Jacques Rigaud, early 18th century

16. - The Battle of Rossbach - one of many Friedrich the Great's victories (1757). 18th century's German painter [Seven Years' War]
    17. - The Battle of Cape Passaro (1718). Isaac Sailmaker, 1718-1721 [War of the Quadruple Alliance]
    18. - The French naval manoeuvres in Toulon in July 1777 visited by the Count of Provence and the Emperor. Chevalier Flotte de Saint-Joseph, 1777
    19. - The Battle of Almansa (1707). Buonaventura Ligli and Filippo Pallotta, 1709 [War of the Spanish Succession]
    20. - The Battle of Culloden (1746). David Morier, 1746 [Jacobite Risings] *Sad that the Stuart Pretenders' events are nonexistent in game, as many others.

21. The destruction of the Turkish Fleet in the Battle of Chesma (1770). Jakob Philipp Hackert, 1771 [Russo-Turkish War, 1768-1774]
    22. The Entry of the French Ambassador (Henri Charles Arnauld de Pomponne) in Venice in 1706. Luca Carlevaris, 1706-1708
    23. King George II at the Battle of Dettingen, with the Duke of Cumberland and Robert, 4th Earl of Holderness (1743). John Wootton, 1743 [War of the Austrian Succession] *As per suggestion of Quintus Hortensius
    24. British Admiral Duncan Receiving the Surrender of Dutch Admiral de Winter at the Battle of Camperdown (1797). Daniel Orme, 1797 [French Revolutionary War]
    25. Storming of the Bastille and arrest of the Governor M. de Launay (1789). Anonymous French painter, 1789 [French Revolution]

26. The Venetian Ambassadorial Procession (Alvise II Mocenigo) in Constantinople in 1710. Jean Baptiste Vanmour, 1710s
    27. The visit of King Fernando VI of Spain to the Palace of Aranjuez in 1756. Francesco Battaglioli, 1756
    28. An English frigate passing a Dutch merchantman (fluyt) in congested waters. Dominic Serres the Elder, first half of the 18th century
    29. A View of Hampton Court. Leonard Knyff, circa 1702-14
    30. View of Warszawa from the side of Praga. Bernardo Bellotto, 1770 *You can see one of the Przednia straż (Vangard) cavalry regiments on the road

31. Empress Maria-Theresia, aka Big Habsburg Mama of Austria. Matthias de Visch, circa 1741-1760
    32. The view of Onrust island in Batavia, Dutch East Indies. Abraham Storck, 1699
    33. The yacht of the Chamber of Rotterdam for the Dutch East India Company (VOC) salutes an East-Indiaman and a Dutch man-of-war on the roadstead of Hellevoetsluis. Jacob van Strij, 1790
    34. The Battle of Glenshiel (1719). Peter Tillemans, 1719 [Jacobite Risings]
    35. Departure of King Carlos III from Naples to Spain in 1759. Antonio Joli, 1759

36. The Battle of Ramillies (1706). Jan van Huchtenburg, circa 1706-1733 [War of the Spanish Succession]
    37. The Naval Battle of Quiberon Bay (1759). Dominic Serres, 1779 [Seven Years' War]
    38. King Louis XV gives orders to general Du Chayla at the Battle of Rocoux (1746). Pierre Lenfant, 1740s [War of the Austrian Succession]
    39. King Louis XV and his stuff at the Siege of Freiburg im Breisgau (1744). Pierre Lenfant, 1740s [War of the Austrian Succession]
    40. Halt of the French mounted grenadiers (grenadiers à cheval) of the Maison du Roi. Charles Parrocel, 1740s [War of the Austrian Succession]

41. - The French convoy marching through a rocky landscape. Henri Joseph van Blarenberghe, 1770s [Seven Years' War]
    42. - The French encampment outside a village. Henri Joseph van Blarenberghe, 1770s [Seven Years' War]
    43. - The view of Schloß Nymphenburg in München. Bernardo Bellotto, circa 1761
    44. - The Austrian troops causing havoc for the Prussian convoy. F. Oetinger, 1785 [Seven Years' War]
    45. - The portrait of Empress Catherine II the Great. Fedor Rokotov, 1763

46. - Madame de Pompadour. François Boucher, circa 1758
    47. - George III's procession to the Houses of Parliament. John Wootton, 1762-1764
    48. - The British vessels "Resolution" and "Adventure" in Matavai Bay. William Hodges, 1776
    49. - The inspection of the Dutch cavalry regiments by Prince Wilhelm von Hessen-Homburg. Cornelis Troost, 1742 [War of the Austrian Succession]
    50. - James Oglethorpe presenting the Yamacraw Indians to the Georgia Trustees. William Verelst, 1734

51. - Schönbrunn, Vienna. Bernardo Bellotto, 1758-1761
    52. - The audience for Cornelis Hop as the envoy of the Dutch States General at the court of Louis XV (1719). Louis-Michel Dumesnil, 1720-1729
    53. - St James's Park and the Mall in London. Uknown British painter, circa 1745
    54. - The siege of Lille by the allied Dutch-British-Imperial forces (1708). John Wootton, 1742 [War of the Spanish Succession]
    55. - The British stuff during the Great Siege of Gibraltar (1779-1783). George Carter, 1780s [American War of Independence]

56. - The view of the Dam in Amsterdam. Jan Ekels, 1750s-1770s
    57. - The Mock attack during the British training military manoeuvres (1778). Philipp Jakob de Loutherbourg, 1779
    58. - St. Peter's Square in Rome. Caspar van Wittel, 1700s-1710s
    59. - The Marmalong Bridge, with a sepoy and natives in the foreground. William Hodges, circa 1783
    60. - Winter Palace in Saint Petersburg. Unknown Italian painter, late 1750s

Download link
    Or alternative download: http://www.filefactory.com/file/5dz7...creens_1.3.rar
    The .pack file is in movie format, so just put it into your game's data directory. You may also need to delete previous version of the mod if you have it.

Other recommended mods:
    Quintus Hortensius Hortalus' Baroque UI
    Last edited by Herr Doctor; April 22, 2014 at 06:13 AM. Reason: version 1.3

Lordsith's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: New Loading Screens v1.0

Nice! +rep

Thanks.

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Great! I really like those loading screens But unfortunatly I can't rep you right now...
    And btw thanks for recommend my little UI mod And I just posted a link to your work in the 1st post of my little mod
    Last edited by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus; November 12, 2013 at 02:59 PM.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus View Post
    Great! I really like those loading screens But unfortunatly I can't rep you right now...
    And btw thanks for recommend my little UI mod And I just posted a link to your work in the 1st post of my little mod
    Really glad that you like it. I will add some more diversity in the next version soon (thanks to help of wangrin). There would be 20 screens in final probably (making more than two dozens probably have no sense).
    And thanks for mutual link.

btw, if you have in mind some interesting 18th century Hannoverian military-related paintings in good quality, I would be grateful to include at last one for wider diversity. I understand that most are simply resembling British stuff, but may be some events like parades in Hannover, or just interesting 18th century's Hannoverian soldiers pictures? I found some Bavarian and Saxonian but not absolutely happy with the quality of them.

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

Battle of Ramillies (Jan van Huchtenburg (1647–1733)) - between 1706 and 1733
    Battle of Almansa (Buonaventura Ligli (Ventura Lirios) y Filippo Pallotta) - around 1709
    Duke of Lorraine crossing the Rhine before Strasbourg (Johann Tobias Sonntag (1716-1774) - around 1744
    Bombardment of Bastia (Samuel Scott (1702-1772))
    Last edited by wangrin; November 12, 2013 at 03:52 PM.

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

Default Re: New Loading Screens v1.1 (20 new load screens)

wangrin, thanks! Used the Battle of Almansa.

Also I managed to add 20 new load screens and uploaded new 1.1 version.

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

maybe you want to add another screen, the last battle an british king fought http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...ootton1743.jpg

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Yeah, I thought about Dettingen as well. This one looks great as well but can't find better reproduction unfortunately.

Just asking, are these loading screens matched up to their atmospheric music counterparts? Because it would be kinda weird to hear the sounds of the sea when you're looking at a pic of the Battle of Blenheim.
    “No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them” ― Elie Wiesel
    "No nationality or race is preferred over another in any way in the Eyes of the Almighty" - Mufti Ismail Menk
    “What's unnatural is homophobia. Homo sapiens is the only species in all of nature that responds with hate to homosexuality.” ― Alex Sanchez
    “Remember, remember always, that all of us, and you and I especially, are descended from immigrants and revolutionists.” ― Franklin D. Roosevelt
    “Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” ― Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by heil nappy View Post
    Just asking, are these loading screens matched up to their atmospheric music counterparts? Because it would be kinda weird to hear the sounds of the sea when you're looking at a pic of the Battle of Blenheim.
    The naval/land battles loading screens using respective music like in vanilla, and the campaign loading screens are using mixed ones. This is just absolutely the same like in vanilla.

I considered to add my own sounds mod with classical music, but I am afraid there are too much buzz with copyrighted music materials on TWC (remember story with Brigadier Graham's wonderful music mods deleted). I'll somewhat improve the ambient sounds thing in next update probably.
    Last edited by Herr Doctor; November 15, 2013 at 08:55 AM.

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

Very good mod i have already install it.
    As far as music is concerned you dont have to add classic music for the game only.Some epic music themes could be found easily(in youtube) for example.I can find some if you like

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Aggelos_GR View Post
    Very good mod i have already install it.
    As far as music is concerned you dont have to add classic music for the game only.Some epic music themes could be found easily(in youtube) for example.I can find some if you like
    Thanks for your kind words.

The issue with the copyright is not only classical music, but music in general. In case if you have missed this old discussion:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...icy-discussion

And in fact it is easy to find non-copyrighted classic music performed more than fifty years ago from some open-source online music libraries like this, than modern ones.

I am sorry that I am somewhat neglected the sounds issue a bit (I simply don't play the game with music usually), but I'll improve this in the next upcoming version (there will be a lot of new interesting visual stuff as well). I think the best solution would be to leave vanilla ambient military sounds for battles-themed screens; but I will change one of the tunes with a small light baroque piece by one of the early 18th century's composers (probably Couperin or Handel) to correspond the calm landscapes I added, because cannons and muskets sounds defiantly don't match for them.
    Last edited by Herr Doctor; November 15, 2013 at 11:54 AM.

Default Re: New Loading Screens v1.2 (40 new load screens)

The downloading link for the new version (1.2) is added:
    - Added 20 new screens, mainly French and British, but a lot of Dutch stuff in this version as well.
    - Improved the quality and brightness of some previous pictures, where it was necessary. Now absolute majority of the screens are in HD size, so in result the mod became much heavier in download size.
    - Fixed all the ambient vanilla sounds to match screens properly as was mentioned before. For now I decided not to add any new sounds.

Update the preview in a bit more convenient format.

Hope you will enjoy it. I am pretty happy with this collection of screens at the moment, but planning to add some more later (probably only ten screens). At last I can guarantee that you will see the most authentic Ol' Good English Roast Beef and French Royal Ragouts in next version (and I'm not mad or joking, absolutely serious really).

Any other opinions, suggestions?

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

Truly beautiful work

A 18th century painting :

"The procession of the Vice-Legate crossing the Place du Palais", 1766
    Painting by Claude-Marie Gordot (1722-1804)

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

TuranianGhazi's Avatar Biarchus

Wow, these are all grand! Keep it up! And +repped ya

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by wangrin View Post
    "The procession of the Vice-Legate crossing the Place du Palais", 1766
    Painting by Claude-Marie Gordot (1722-1804)

Lovely image. Would include it in the next update. I like the baroque paintings of the entries and processions a lot, and in addition it also represents both Avignon with its interesting status during early modern time and Papal related event (which this mod was lacking).

Fixed first download link (seemed not working properly).

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

awesome!apart from caussa belli and aum the third must have mod.Keep up +rep
    Can you update minister/gentlemen/general royal tree portriats as well?Some ministers appear with the same portrait sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Aggelos_GR View Post
    Can you update minister/gentlemen/general royal tree portriats as well?Some ministers appear with the same portrait sometimes
    I'll see, perhaps as separate mod. However, I'm a bit sceptical about benefits of such project after seeing the brilliant portraits made by Flikitos for Imperial Splendour:

I mean such project of mine would look like an attempt to invent new model of rigid airship in the era of jets.
    Last edited by Herr Doctor; November 24, 2013 at 06:55 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast