Thread: The Two Towers II - Hotseat Campaign- Good Side wins

Chieftain Khuzaymah's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: The Two Towers II - Hotseat Campaign

Rohan AR:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Aldwulf and his company of cavalry hunted down some orcs

Silvan Elves AR:

The Elves promised to aid the Eorlings into battle, where better can they start than exterminating the source of this evil? Legolas and his elves are swift and cloaked as they move through forrest lands. Saruman just found out about the hidden Elves, but it is too late. The Elves are fast and claim the fortress of Isengard.

Legolas reveils his armies and turns back, his position is compromised. But there are many forrests in these lands, who knows where more elves will come from...

Mordor up

http://www.filedropper.com/tt2mordor18
    Last edited by Chieftain Khuzaymah; January 02, 2014 at 05:11 AM.

Phew, when it said SE AR I thought you had beaten my main army. Did you open the gates of Isengard?

Yes, I forgot to mention, spy opened the gates.

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

A small band of orcs lays siege to Woldburg. The troops are nervous, constantly glancing into the nearby woods. They have heard what befell Isengard, and wonder if a flurry of elfish arrows will come flying from the shade of the trees at any moment…

Isengard up.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwL...it?usp=sharing

JWANT's Avatar Senator

Gondor grows impatient. The men are tired of waiting but the Steward sits idle. Perhaps a little Palantir withdrawl?

Rohan is up!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/c9...2_Rohan_19.sav

The Horn of Edoras sounds throughout the entire city. Every able-bodied man has to go to the armory. Even young boys are called upon. The men look hopeless with fear in their eyes. Where are we going? What doom awaits us?
    Theodred and his military advisors stared over the map. Saruman attacks from the west, Sauron attacks from the east. We are trapped in Edoras. We must be swift and ready to fight if they close us in, hence the King decided that all men had to be armored and stationed just outside the city. Mobilizing when the enemy is at our doorstep would be too late. The army of Rohan is gathered around Edoras, waiting for their enemies to arrive….
    Aldwulf and his company defeated some orcs yesterday and they were eager to chase them to the Hornburg and retake the great fortress of Rohan. The spies had already opened the gates and Aldwulf already chanted the men “Forth Eorlingas!!” It was just when they wanted to ride towards the fortress when they saw a messenger from Edoras coming with all haste. “Our King requests your presence at the Capital, my Lord.” Aldwulf frowned and asked what purpose awaits him at Edoras. The messenger explained that his job was only to let Aldwulf return to Edoras, the King would not say why.
    For a while Aldwulf galloped back and forth with a fierce expression on his face as he gazed upon the Hornburg. Clearly he was struggling to let this opportunity go. Eomund then drew his attention. “Let it go my brother, we do not know how close Saruman’s armies are. I am sure that whatever purpose the King has in mind is of great importance. He will need us for the safety of the House of Meduseld, the token of the line of Kings of Rohan. One day we will return here and take back our fortress in all its glory.” With some reluctance Aldwulf nodded and so the company rode back to Edoras, where the doom of our time will be decided.
    Prince Legolas has secured the northern bridge of the river near Edoras. The Elves will help to fight against this evil, patiently we will await the orcs.

Mordor up

http://www.filedropper.com/tt2mordor19

Citizen

Woldburg is sacked with the help of a spy, which was nice because my army didn’t have enough build points to build a ram in one turn. Bad planning on my part. Fortunately, the spy bailed me out after failing last turn.

The movements of the good armies sets off alarm bells. The only reason to take those infantry units out of Edoras is to take advantage of Theodred’s higher movement. And I know never to underestimate Legolas’ great range. Combined with the cavalry coming back from Hornburg, I can only conclude that Chieftain is planning a massive siege of Aldburg, which I would be unable to defeat with my half-stack of orcs. So Dawndeath abandons the city, leaving one unit and a spy behind to defend it.

I’d be curious to know whether Chieftain’s long AR about defending Edoras was an honest AR or an attempt to dupe me.

Isengard up.

Two small bands of elves were defeated in the area around Isengard. Chieftain, I dont understand what you were trying to do with them?

http://www.filedropper.com/tt2gondor20

Of course the infantry has better movement now, that is what I exactly described in the AR And don't forget the free upkeep of scouts in Edoras right now saves more upkeep than infantry units

And Panda, these were remnants of the Elvish band that took Isengard. I tried to escape with 2.

JWANT's Avatar Senator

Oh ye forgot to say earlier, I hope you haven't destroyed any buildings in Isengard as that's not allowed as it at risk of capture.

Rohan AR:

When Aldwulf arrived at Edoras the intentions of the King became clear. Aldwulf saw several army contingents stationed outside the city, waiting... Theodred appointed Aldwulf to lead this greatest army Rohan has sent to battle since the defeat of his father and grandfather. Aldwulf was honoured to lead this army and didn't linger one second. With the help of a spy, Aldburg is retaken for Rohan.

The men entered the city and quickly climbed up the city walls. On the horizon they saw the Nazgul and his orcs. When the banners of Rohan were being risen in the city, the orcs turned around and disappeared. The Eorlings chanted and celebrated and shouted the name of their first commander. "Aldwulf! Aldwulf! Aldwulf!" For Aldburg is taken without any casualties. This man gives the Eorlings hope and courage, and there is nothing he misses when he commands his army on the battlefield.

Aldwulf is less extravagant. He knows the orcs are regrouping on our borders and will seize any chance to storm back at the city. And of course Saruman is still a threat to our western borders... Not a day goes by that Aldwulf hopefully looks at the horizon for a Gondorian messenger to arrive, "Victory!! We have victory! ....."

Silvan Elves AR:

Quote Originally Posted by joerock22 View Post
    A small band of orcs lays siege to Woldburg. The troops are nervous, constantly glancing into the nearby woods. They have heard what befell Isengard, and wonder if a flurry of elfish arrows will come flying from the shade of the trees at any moment…
    Careful what you wish for, Orc! Celeborn storms out of the forrests and his army charges the orc ranks. The Elves rapidly decide the battle with little losses and now chase the orcs into Woldberg.

(Don't worry Panda I did exterminate the city though, that's why you will find less buildings in it anyways)

Mordor up

http://www.filedropper.com/tt2mordor20

The rules say exterminating is allowed, but destroying buildings arent if its at risk of capture? If exterminating destroys buildings, then how does that work?

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by PandaChef View Post
    The rules say exterminating is allowed, but destroying buildings arent if its at risk of capture? If exterminating destroys buildings, then how does that work?
    The "no destroying buildings" rule only applies to manual destruction. If sacking or exterminating a city results in buildings being destroyed, then it's legal. For example, when I sacked Aldburg, the barracks got downgraded one level. When I sacked Woldburg, the grain exchange was destroyed. In retrospect, I wish I had exterminated both!

Citizen

Sauron is displeased by the recent defeats, but knows they are but minor setbacks. The loss of a few hundred orcs is well worth the sacking of a couple Rohan towns.

Isengard up.

Isengard retaken, a costly mistake as my barracks have gone down two tiers.

http://www.filedropper.com/tt2gondor21

JWANT's Avatar Senator

I will probably need an extension due to exams. I expect to get the save up friday.

An Elven spy manages to open the gates of Woldberg. Even though Celeborn outnumbered the enemy, his army had some serious trouble entering the city! The Elves paid it with relatively much lives, but it is the cost of freedom. Tomorrow, a new light will shine in this beautiful little town.

Mordor up
    http://www.filedropper.com/tt2mordor21
    Last edited by Chieftain Khuzaymah; January 10, 2014 at 11:26 AM.

Citizen