Thread: Areas for improvement

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Areas for improvement

It's a bit annoying when the peasant unit card comes up whenever you right-click a unit card on the campaign map.

Jubal_Barca's Avatar Master Engineer

Default Re: Areas for improvement

If you want to take 300 zoomed in shots covering every unit in the game, please do be my guest. It was decided that that was just on the list of things that, given how long it would take, would have made getting the mod out unfeasible given the amount of time I could spend on it. In all seriousness if anyone wants to make this as a patch I'm happy to supply instructions, but as this was for at least 60% of the work/time a one-man mod project it was just more work than I could do.
    Sine remo flumine adverso - Latin, 'up the creek without a paddle'.
    Mod leader of Warhammer Total War, Narnia Total War, and A Game of Colleges: Total War

Under the patronage of Aden of Woodstock, The Black Prince.

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Ok, i understand now

Maybe a list of the estimated difficulty of each faction could be handy.

For example, which do you consider the easiest and which the hardest factions? It would be very helpful for some (me) to know the opinion of the creator on this matter.

Jubal_Barca's Avatar Master Engineer

No problem - it's the sort of thing that looks simpler than it is!

As to faction difficulty, IMO it's fairly balanced. Skaven, Luccini, Vampires can have a really tough time early in the game, whereas High Elves, Araby, and Dark Elves all have quite secure start positions. Dragon Islanders have a nice safe start because of the islands but can struggle on land. Orcs are relatively easy, I find, simply because the start position isn't too bad and the access to lots of cheap but tough troops means that war is always relatively easy.

I'm partly a bad person to ask because I favour certain factions for playstyle - Dwarfs, Chaos Dwarfs, and Luccini (Dogs of War) are my tabletop armies so I tend to play well as them and less well as, say, Wood Elves, although Wood Elves can be a really powerful faction in the campaign.
    Sine remo flumine adverso - Latin, 'up the creek without a paddle'.
    Mod leader of Warhammer Total War, Narnia Total War, and A Game of Colleges: Total War

Under the patronage of Aden of Woodstock, The Black Prince.