Thread: Your Suggestion on Three Topics

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Default Your Suggestion on Three Topics

Hi ROP fans, I am working on the Rise of Persia mod and unfortunately i am the only one working in the mod, so please be patient.

I decided to speed things up to use units from other mods so that we may have a full stack of units. I do this because many of the ROP units are very generic and i wanted to had interesting and exotic units. Whend its released we will post the mods that let us use their units.

Now for the topics, i am starting to had the units to the mod and i saw some things and i don't know if its possible because of the AI.

1- Is it possible to put some units take more than one turn to recruit?
    Because there are some elite units that i think that would be good to take more time to recruit, but i don't know if the AI can recruit those units or just recruits the faster ones.

2- How can i make the diplomacy more approachable?
    The diplomacy in this mod is really hard to use, its difficult to make an agreement with other factions and whend they do its really a ridiculous offer.

3- Do you guys agree on the restrain of sailing units?
    In working on the units i see in this mod for example there are the Epibatai, marines, but that doesn't matter because every other unit can go to the ships and that really takes the enjoyment of having sea units. I was thinking on making a restrainment of the land units not to use the ships, and only marine units able to use them, this would give the campaign a new tactical use of ships and their units, having an invading sea army, while your land army is on the shore waiting for the opportunity to cross the enemy borders. Or like a Faction that doesn't have a great use of navy like the Persians, would have to recruit mercenaries for oversea campaigns!
    But this i think will not work because i don't think that the AI can make the use of the marine units, and don't know if you guys will like it.

Please say your opinion on this matters!

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Your Suggestion on Three Topics

1) I believe it is possible and it would be a good choice. When the mod is ready, make some campaign-tests with 2-turn recruitment and you 'll see then if the A.I. recruits them. For now, you can have them all 1-turn.

2) Include the Force-diplomacy mod in your mod. I don't believe there are much that can be done in this section of the game.

3) In my opinion, do not add extra complicating scripts regarding this topic.

Kirila the Kitten's Avatar Primicerius

1) Yeah... I don't think the AI would, test it.
    2) Rome Total War's diplomacy in general doesn't work,check Stath's's statement above
    3) You can by removing the abillities to board on ships from the units you want to be land units.
    But Persia landed in Greece with normal units so i don't know.
    Better forget the last one.

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

I know how to do the 3rd one, is just taking or putting the sea_faring ability, but maybe you guys are right.
    I was just wandering if this would be more interesting to use.

3. That is the dumbest idea I have ever heard for this mod. NO, don't even attempt something so stupid.

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

c'mon man, you could have said simply that you disagree.

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

I understand your fustration, i entered in the ROP team so that i could help in the release of v3.
    But its kinda true, its kind of a silly idea. I was just wondering.
    Last edited by The Wise Coffin; November 20, 2013 at 02:21 PM.