Thread: Does it work with Mac OSX?

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Does it work with Mac OSX?

Hi everybody.

I'm quite content playing Europa Barbarorum and Roma Surrectum II for RTW on my MacBook (OS X version 10.6.8). However, this Rome Medieval mod looks too good not to play! Especially since I can only play vanilla Medieval II Total War on my Mac (mods like the Long Road and Stainless Steel won't work with WineSkin, apparently).

So is this mod playable on a Macintosh? I'd love to know! And if so, I'd like to see step-by-step feedback on how that's possible. Cheers to anyone who can help!

Lord Of The Knights's Avatar Rome Medieval ******

Default Re: Does it work with Mac OSX?

Hi dude,, i haven't the chance to try it on Mac, you can participate alot with that feedback

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Well, I tried, but have so far failed.

I was able to download the mod and install the .exe file using this "Wine" program for Macintosh:

http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/

However, there is no way to actually launch the game. There's no way to convert the "original icon" into anything that Mac can read, and when you right click the shortcut that was suggested for creation, there is no "properties" option on a Macintosh.

However, I'm able to play Rome Total Realism and Roma Surrectum II just fine on Macintosh. Maybe someone from one of those mod teams can help here?

Like 3 years ago I got a rudimentary version to work on my old mac. Sadly I don't have the files any more, but essentially it was all the units and their descriptions and factions loaded into a mod folder not unlike Europa Barbarorum or Total Realism. The exception to this is I could never get the campaign to work. There wasn't an installer, but everything excluding the campaign pretty much worked. I think this was the 1st version, and not the current edition of the mod. If anybody has a mod folder like that, and would be so kind as to make a download link for just that, it SHOULD work. I've gotten one of the warhammer mods and the warcraft mod to work up to a point (crashes halfway into battles). Anybody know where I can find a download for these files?