Aldor's Avatar Campidoctor

Default KnicAld HS - The Remake - dead

Aldor/Knicolas' (Knicald)
    Third Age Total War Hotseat.

Version 3.2

Started (March 11, 2013)

Leader - knicolas2 (t20) Aldor
    Admin - Aldor

Special thanks to knicolas2 who started the HS.

Factions (in turn-order)

Rohan: DrakeRox
    Mordor: knicolas2
    High Elves: Arrow2daknee
    Harad: joerock22
    Dale:
    PandaChef
    Rhun: knight of meh
    Eriador: themzr
    Silvan Elves: irishviking5
    Gondor: JWANT

OotMM: TheBlackWolf
    OoG: Axis Sunsoar

Dwarves: Dwarven Berserker
    Isengard:
    Chieftain Khuzaymah

Dead Factions
    /

VACANT
    /

Require activity-check:
    /

This Hotseat is OPEN for EVERYONE. This includes both people that are unfamiliar with TATW hotseats, aswell as regular hotseat players. Seat holders are checked for activity.

Requirements: activity and obeying rules. No HS-experience is required.

Long campaign - manage all settlements - M/M - auto-resolve - password

Rules:

General
    - Reloading allowed (to certain extent, see battle-section)
    - 24h to play your turn, though you may ask for 48h or someone to sub.
    - Visitor message for the next player, when you upload the turn.
    - Raging against participants cannot be tolerated. Use in-game faction name and be polite.
    - It is almost impossible to list all possible violations. The admin has the final word. Please use common sense.
    - Delete old attachments to lower the burden on the site (My Account > Miscellaneous > Attachments). Keep the previous 3 turns you've played in case a replay would be needed.

Gameplay

- No good vs evil restrictions.
    - Play to win.
    - Original moves must be kept when replaying turns if they involve battles versus other players. The factions which were the reason of the replay, can move forces involved freely, but other battles must be done as in the original save.

Victory conditions
    - Victor is declared by a voting system
    Spoiler for Extra info on this topic:
    A player can attempt to claim victory by demanding a voting round. The admin can, however, decide to continue the HS and deny the attempt.

Vote question: Do you agree that player X has become unbeatable and should be recognised as winner of this hotseat?

Vote scenario's:
    - All players give a positive vote: victory!
    - At least 3 players deny victory: no victory.
    - Only 1-2 players deny victory: admin looks into the save/arguments sent per PM and determine if a(n) faction(s) could be considered a threat to the 'victor'. So basicly: if all factions on the map would unite versus the victor, do they stand a chance? If negative: victory!
    In case of victory, reputation and congratulations to the victor!

Invasions
    - No invasions allowed.

Destroying buildings and sieges
    - Buildings cannot be destroyed after capturing a settlement. After 10 turns, you are allowed to destroy inns and guilds. After 20 turns these settlements are considered 'own settlements'.
    - You can destroy buildings in your 'own settlements', but only when they are not at risk to be captured.
    - You are only allowed to exterminate a city once, and should you capture the city again you must either sack or occupy it.
    - You cannot sally out when facing certain defeat for any reason such as denying the attacker the option to sack/exterminate or luring him/her in a trap.
    - You cannot besiege a settlement to deny the besieged arrmy from participating in battles (with enemy forces next to the settlement).

Agents
    - No assassins. No recruiting allowed.
    - Spies allowed to open gates when having a chance of at least 20%
    - No bribing.
    - Gifting settlements is allowed, but spawned troops must be disbanded except for one unit.
    - You cannot gift settlements that are at risk to be captured.
    - You cannot kill agents by surrounding them with troops, unless this move was needed for other purposes.

Battles
    - All battles are auto-resolved.
    - No surrounding of an army with single units to deny a retreat.
    - You are not allowed to move armies next turn if they were defeated by a player that comes after you in turn order.
    - Ships cannot leave or enter a blockaded port until the blockading fleet is defeated.
    - Mercenary transport ships can not be used to attack other ships. In addition they can only be used as lone ships (one ship fleet), not accompanied with other ships/fleets.
    - The admin must be able to get a similar outcome after 'reloading' 5 times. (adapted from Emperor of Hell)
    Spoiler for Extra information concerning this rule (by Aldor):

Tell the admin how you placed your men and other changes in the turn that may have contibuted to your win. The admin will execute the moves the player did to win the battle and reload up to 5 times. (adapted from The Norseman)

To put it short: reloading is allowed but don't reload endlessly to win a battle as this will be discovered. The admin has the last word on the decision (example: victory due to a bug is never allowed) and punishment.

Some guidelines that might aid you to judge your actions before you post the turn. These are not rules:
    - Heroic victories are generally due to reloading.
    - Victories with odds less then 3 vs 5 are generally due to reloading.
    - If the outcome seems unlikely, reload the turn yourself and observe if you can win the battle within 5 reloads.
    - Screenshot required for all battles displaying odds (pre-battle screen) and outcome (post battle screen).
    Spoiler for Example
    OotMM army defeated near Imladris.

- No screenshot required for battles with overwhelming odds, however mentioning the battle in post is required.
    Spoiler for Example
    Gondor army defeated near Minas Tirith, overwhelming odds.

Map updates (every 10 turns): #2

Ideas, improvements, errors... for this page should be PM'd to Aldor.

Violations of rules, unfair actions,
    (observed) inactivity... should be PM'd to the admin (Aldor).

Quote Originally Posted by Gimli10 View Post
    How to do a hotseat

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Instructions (how to play a hotseat campign)
    For those who don't know how to play Hotseat campaigns, here are some easy to follow instructions.
    1. Wait your turn -- Just like waiting in line for a ride at an amusement park, everyone needs to wait their turn, be sure to look who's turn is up, but keeping your eyes on the forums, for your kingdom to be called next.
    2. Download your turn -- When your turn is finally up. It's time to play. the person who was before you should have posted his turn in the thread, you need to click the link in the thread and this should automatically download the turn.
    here is an example

3. Extract the file into Save Folder -- Alright, the next step is too uncompressed the folder, if you have a compressing tool (Winzip, WinRar, 7zip, etc), then it should automatically uncompressed the file when you Open, or double click on the file you saved. If you do not have a Compressor tool I suggest downloading WinZip. In the compressed filed you should see a new file ending with .sav ; this is the save file -- Extract this file into your Save Folder (in the case of TATW it should be located at C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age\saves.
    Here is an example of how to Extract

4. Play your turn -- Now that the .sav file is successfully located in the Save Folder, you can play your turn. Load up the game like you normally would, (In this case the Third Age Mod). at the Introduction screen, with the options you will want to click on the Load Game --> Load campaign game --> (The save file you downloaded and extracted). If all goes well you should load up the Game. Yay!!, Now have fun, and play your turn. Don't forget to choose a Password, to ensure nobody else access your game.

5. End Turn -- Don't forget to click the "End Turn" button when your done your turn. Many new people forget to do this simple action of not click End Turn, its essential when your done playing your turn to click End Turn and have the next players Scroll up before you continue. If you forget to do this the game will stall and you will need to load the turn you posted and Press End Turn. Just don't forget

6. Send and Compress file -- Alright, your almost done!. You played your turn, now you need to send the .sav along. Go to the thread and post a reply.Clicking the "Manage Attachments" on the reply below Additional Options is what you want to do, Then click on one of the "Browse" buttons. Now you need to attach your new .sav file which you should find at your Save folder, do you remember where that was? mine is : (C:\Program Filesx86\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age\saves). Now before you sand the .sav file remember to Compress it. Unfortunately, TWCenter doesn't accept files that aren't compressed due to virus possibilities. That's why its essential to have a compressor tool to extract and compress your file. If you need a Compressor tool please refer to Step 3. Now "Right-Click" on your .sav file that you want to send and find the Compressor tool labeled "add to "(filename).rar" or if using winzip you should go to Label "Send to --> compressed Zip folder". Once this is done, a new compressed file should be created in your save folder. While its possible to compress the folder by simply using explorer, you can also do it through the "Browse" button through clicking the "Manage Attachments". Now that you have compressed the .sav file you want to send into a Zipped or Rared file, you can "Click" that compressed file. Then in the "Manage Attachments" screen click on "Upload", write a normal response and your as good as done.
    (The "how-to-play-a-hotseat" - guide was written by Gimli10.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post
    Hotseat strategy guide for new players.
    Made for Westeros, but useful to read for beginners. "I would really like to recommend this post and the second and 4th in the same thread."

Everyone is allowed to use this page as an aid to create a new HS thread, credit should be given to Aldor.

Last edited by Matto16; September 10, 2014 at 02:17 AM.
    Retired GS member, admin and local moderator in Hotseat Subforum. Voted best TATW admin.

Default Re: Aldor/Knicolas' HS - The Remake - Vacant factions in good conditions! (t20)

Turn 20 update

Retired GS member, admin and local moderator in Hotseat Subforum. Voted best TATW admin.

Default Re: Aldor/Knicolas' HS - The Remake - VACANT factions in good conditions! (t20)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackWolf View Post

irishviking5's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Aldor/Knicolas' HS - The Remake - VACANT factions in good conditions! (t20)

So you just made a new thread for this mod because Knicolas is m.i.a. correct?

Chieftain Khuzaymah's Avatar Domesticus

I can see OoG suffered from several changes in leadership. Gundabad's position is weak compared to the dwarves, but the orcs are not few in numbers... A new chieftain ( yes yes its me I am a chieftain ) has risen to lead this empire and bring it back to glory and conquer Middle-Earth.

Dwarves up! Despair Dwarves, despair!!

http://www.filedropper.com/knicolasdwarves20

BTW, Aldor good work on the opening of a new thread A few changes to the rules. Battle pics still do not require uploading? Personally I do like this 1. to see what's going on everywhere else in Middle-Earth and 2. because then you know what happened to an army if it gets attacked.

Matto16's Avatar Steward of Middle Earth

In what positions are those empty factions? It seems good factions are holding very well and I am a little interested for them after playing Mordor in two hotseats.
    TATW HS Community Award

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

Eriador i in the best position i have ever seen it considering AR .. kudoes to Gallus

Quote Originally Posted by knight of meh View Post
    Eriador i in the best position i have ever seen it considering AR .. kudoes to Gallus
    Hey now, have you checked out Free Peoples? In number of turns we are behind, but I have 2 regions more than Eriador here does! And not in danger of losing!

I heard of Eriador and I wouldn't mind for a cleared save once their turn comes up.

It seems that also Gondor is in very good shape controlling Ithilien and even the Black Gate.
    TATW HS Community Award

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

Yes, Gondor is in great shape. Gondor and Harad (me) are allied and fighting Mordor at the same time, though not really together. Not sure if knicolas is gone forever of if he'll be back soon though.

Arrow2daknee's Avatar Vicarius

Why did you have me down as Dale and High Elves?

A well made thread, even though half of it might be Copy and pasted. +rep for you Aldor.

Dwarven Berserker's Avatar Campidoctor

Let's see if we can get some tempo going

Isengard up!

http://www.mediafire.com/?xch5ct789bt2kpt
    this signature is completely pointless. have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow2daknee View Post
    A well made thread, even though half of it might be Copy and pasted. +rep for you Aldor.Why did you have me down as Dale and High Elves?
    1) I made my own hotseat thread from scratch. I wasn't allowed to copy anything from the established TATW HS hoster in that period, Gimli10.

The Aldor's rules are a gathering of self-made rules, rule discussions and rules from a variety of hotseat subforums. Most rules were rewritten by me, instead of copy-pasted.

Knicolas copy-pasted most of my rules to create his own hotseat. It's fine for me that people use my rule-set. I would be happier if people made a little reference to me, when copy-pasting (as I've done for things I copy-pasted).

"Everyone is allowed to use this page as an aid to create a new HS thread, credit should be given to Aldor."

In any case, I'm definately not 'copy-pasting' as it's my own, original work.

2) You're down as Dale and HE, until we get a replacement for Dale. If you don't wish to take Dale's turn, I think Joerock22 can replace you as temporary Dale player.

Quote Originally Posted by Matto16 View Post
    In what positions are those empty factions? It seems good factions are holding very well and I am a little interested for them after playing Mordor in two hotseats.
    There all holding out quite decently. I prefer to put you as Gondor, as they're an important faction.

I'm not found of Harad controlling Gondor long-term as it would give an unfair advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by irishviking5 View Post
    So you just made a new thread for this mod because Knicolas is m.i.a. correct?
    Because Knicolas doesn't come online lately. He doesn't answer messages and doesn't take any turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Chieftain Khuzaymah View Post
    A few changes to the rules. Battle pics still do not require uploading? Personally I do like this 1. to see what's going on everywhere else in Middle-Earth and 2. because then you know what happened to an army if it gets attacked.
    If you guys want a poll on this, just ask me.
    Last edited by Aldor; November 08, 2013 at 08:28 PM.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Aldor View Post
    I'm not found of Harad controlling Gondor long-term as it would give an unfair advantage.
    Agreed. If you guys are fine with booting knicolas in favor of Matto, then so am I. Hopefully we can continue our cooperation, but that will be between us.

I already told Aldor that I will decide once I get a cleared save of both Eriador and Gondor. Both factions seems interesting for me and because I already play Gondor in PoA HS I would prefer something different here.
    TATW HS Community Award

Dwarven Berserker's Avatar Campidoctor

It took me a while to realise I'm now actually also playing Rohan, so sorry I'm taking so long. But, ehm, now I'm totally OK with playing two factions, it would be nice if I could get the password for Rohan so I can actually play it... Does anyone still have the password or could the password be reset?
    this signature is completely pointless. have a nice day

Cleared save sent

Quote Originally Posted by Aldor View Post
    If you guys want a poll on this, just ask me.
    I want that.

I am aware it could give away army positions, but I think if you manage your factions well, this does not have to be a disadvantage. On the other hand, I think it makes the hotseat for everyone much more fun to see how other factions are doing.

Citizen

I like screenshots as well. It doesn't take very long to make them and it makes watching the thread much more interesting.

Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast