Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: {DIK} Sreenshots

Default Re: {DIK} Sreenshots

[/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG]
    Last edited by Aneirin; April 19, 2015 at 12:37 PM.

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

Very nice!
    Do you mind sharing the files and upload them?
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

Quote Originally Posted by Neadal View Post
    Very nice!
    Do you mind sharing the files and upload them?
    thanks Neadal, here they are http://www.mediafire.com/download/up...6219zq/data.7z
    as soon as i have time i also the merchants

Thanks!
    I will open an extra thread and repost your files

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    Moderator Emeritus

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Showdown in Lombardy - the final battle between the Republican Alliance (Florence, i.e. me, and Venice) and the Holy League is near.

Below: An Ottoman army is facing a large force of Florentine arquebusiers. They don't really stand a chance.

"Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Just a tip, I thought I have already mentioned it.
    If you press Roll "Down" the interface, disappears

As always, your screenshoots are epic!

You really need to show us some of the upcoming battle in Italy!!

JMJ -

Cool stuff, I've had to take a short break from games, but I was thinking of creating an army of mostly arquebusiers and some pikes, and seeing how they might do.

YBIC
    Mike

I wonder if you already solved your problem with the screenshots?

Moderator Emeritus

A huge Papal army runs into heavy arquebuses volleys of the Venetians

My new favourite setup with Venice: Get some Dalmatian archers and entrench your position properly :)

Sometimes I wish MTW 2 had naval battles...

This is the best natural redoubt I have ever found in this game so far.

"Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

JMJ -

Iskar, those are great screen shots, they looked like awesome battles too.

YBIC
    Mike

Really nice
    Naval battles would be really great.
    I remember, that someone created a sub-mod with naval battles or at least tried it, but I can not recall the name.
    But the naval battles were actually land battles in some way..

Moderator Emeritus

Thanks

The battle against the Papal forces was particularly interesting. I usually fight defensively, forcing my enemy into the offensive by an artillery barrage, then smashing the demoralised remains of the enemy army with pike and shot holding their ground.
    However, that time I was besieging a papal town and got attacked by a relief force. The latter came in on my left flank, the town's garrison on the right flank. I was lucky to find a cliff top for my artillery, so they could cover the entire field in front of my pikes, but I had to throw almost all arquebusiers to the left flank to quickly rout the relief force. It wasn't quick enough though, and I was forced to charge almost all of my pikes to buy me time on the right flank. Some units got encircled and were only narrowly saved from routing by more pikes coming in from the left flank when the relief force was finally beaten (you can see a bloodied pike unit towards the bottom of the screenshot). With the time bought I was able to reposition my arquebuses, however, and their volleys finally ended the battle in my favour.

In order to revive this thread, some nice made up screenshots of the Savoyian Nobile

The Savoyian Nobile at the ready.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Savoyian Nobile charging towards the enemy.

Just a second away from clashing into the enemy lines.

In close combat with the enemy.
    Last edited by Aneirin; June 19, 2016 at 05:44 AM.

Here is another bunch of newly shot screens, enjoy them!

Ragusan Cannon fires in enemy lines.

Ottoman infantry emerges through the gunsmoke towards the Ragusan battle line.

Ragusan Citizen Militias pressing hard on the Ottoman lines.

Walking over their slaughtered opponents, to wipe out last resistance.

Your Aneirin

A nice shot, maybe one can use it as a desktop background or so

Your Aneirin

Here are some shots of my first ever siege defence playing as Florence:

An example of the nifty scripting that has been achieved in The Italian Wars, a French army spawned and besieged my capital after I refused to help their king with his invasion of Naples.

By a stroke of luck, Florence is fully garrisoned when the French launch their surprise attack. My army outnumbered theirs by a large margin, so I expected this to be an easy battle. I was wrong.

Some young Florentine nobles, drunk on courage and perhaps not a little Tuscan wine, volunteer to sally from the city in order to harass the French siege lines.

They are met with a barrage of crossbow bolts and artillery, thinning their ranks.

But the Florentine cavalrymen are not so easily deterred. They quickly overrun the royal French artillery before the much heavier French cavalry can mount a counterattack.

Their goal is to disrupt the French siege lines as much as possible, without getting bogged down in a melee. Next, they target the redoubtable Swiss Pikemen who are attempting to get a ladder to the walls of Firenze.

Taking only minor casualties, the Swiss soon repel the horsemen, who then decide to take revenge on the French crossbowmen who earlier mowed down so many Florentine comrades.

Meanwhile, the French heavy cavalry and pikemen have forced their way into the city. The Florentine city guard puts up a staunch defence, but the French move relentlessly forward.

Streams of blood flow in all directions along the cobbled streets. The French cavalry continues its crushing advance until...

As if by a miracle, the French general falls beneath a welter of pole-arms.

The Florentine heavy cavalry join the fray, hammering back at their French counterparts.

Meanwhile, a unit of Swiss pikemen has gained a foothold on the wall, slaughtering the Italian spearmen who dare defend it. They will not be easily dislodged.

Still on the loose outside the city walls, and having dealt harshly with the French crossbowmen, the Florentine light cavalry attempts to sew confusion into the Swiss pikemen by attacking their comrades still waiting to scale the siege tower.

The tactic is of no avail, however, and the Italians are driven off with heavy losses.

The Florentines once again control the city streets, guarding over a mountain of corpses.

Though still in firm command of the walls, the Swiss are outnumbered ten to one. Seeing the hopelessness of their situation, they decide upon an orderly withdrawal back down the siege tower -- a true testament to Swiss fortitude and discipline.

They are met with missiles from all directions.
    Finally, the Florentine Podesta and his bodyguard sally from the city gates. The Swiss fight well, but are ultimately routed and slaughtered to a man.

As the news of victory is born aloft through the city of Firenze, every church bell rings out in thanksgiving. God and cold steel have preserved the Florentines. At least for the time being.

So ends the first battle of my campaign as Florence. Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Cyprian2; August 24, 2016 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Fixed screenshots

I am afraid you inserted the wrong link for the images
    You have to use the one, which links directly to the image.

Thanks for pointing this out. But I'm confused. I thought I had used the direct link, since I opened each image in its own window and copied that address directly. Also, the pictures show up fine in my own browser, and they weren't visible to me either when I used the link supplied by google. Not sure why google has to make it so hard to post in a forum. i'll have to look into this more deeply when I get a chance. Otherwise, it may need to wait until I can find a proper image hosting site.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast