Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Feedback & Feature Requests

Default Re: Feedback & Feature Requests

Here's my 2 cents on the new building system from EE, specifically iron.

I'm not a fan of how acquiring a region with iron only lets actually use that iron in that region. Province layout is already restricted as it, with limited building slots (not saying that's a bad thing!). It just doesn't make sense that you can move marble halfway across the world to build a temple, but you can't move iron one province away to give someone a better sword.

I understand CA's intention of making certain provinces more important, but I think that's still accomplished by how resources like marble are handled. Control the province, and you have access to it's resources throughout your directly controlled territory.

Horse upgrades being restricted might make more logical sense, as I guess it symbolizes a region being known for it's equine pedigree.

Decanus

The Garrison Colonia is actually reducing units by one mob.

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by La Tene View Post
    The Garrison Colonia is actually reducing units by one mob.
    Go back and check it again.

The City provides
    3 Socii Hastati
    2 Plebs
    1 Principes
    2 Rorarii
    2 Leves

The Garrison Colonia provides
    3 Socii Hastati
    1 Plebs
    1 Principes
    2 Rorarii
    2 Velites
    2 Hastati

So not only do the Leves get upgraded to the better unit of Velites, but you gain an extra 2 Hastati that weren't present before. And all you lose here is 1 unit of Plebs.
    So the garrison is most certainly being improved.

Decanus

I'm running CiG and it's certainly doing what I'm saying.. I would be out one pleb if I were to choose the garrison over civil. Maybe check CiG tables?

This is a meticulous and fantastically documented overhaul project by the way. It deserves to be commended.

I just want to say that I tried all the mods... Literally all of them.

Although I realize the amount of work it takes to make those mods, my issue is that they always feel like they are "amateur" and do not feel "native". A lot of the icons/features just seem cool, but are just not polished enough to feel native to the game.

This mod is the only mod I play, and I truly feel like its actually changing the game for the better. I know it does not have all the features of other mods, but those features, like I said, don't seem to be ready for consumption Long story short, I really like what you are doing!!!

What I am missing is additional units. I am glad you are working on STEM, so I am dying to get the latest version. If possible, can you somehow incorporate the unit icon mod (not the bullgod icons, they are not as polished as these):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Icons-(v-1-7)

Again, great work!

And by STEM I mean STEP

ezopus2's Avatar Civis

Thank you all for this mod, it is very nice, balanced and stable mod. I've never played vanilla game, because many said it is very unbalanced, so I started RIITW with Silven TIM from the first minute. For this reason I cannot really make a comparison with vanilla, but all I can say that it gave me countless hours of gameplay, and never had a CTD or gamebreaking issue the whole time, which is a REALLY big achievement in Total War games. Soo, all I wanted to say is THANK YOU for your work.

Hey Sylven. I had pretty much given up on Rome 2 TW until I saw your mod. Even with EE and subsequent patches fixing a lot of what was broken in R2TW, I still wasn't sure if I wanted to deal with vanilla or mods that (with all due respect to those particular modders) change so much of the game that they lose the flavor and vision of what CA intended to make.

I've only begun to explore your mod, but I'm already in love with what I've seen in custom battles. It strikes a nice medium between DEI and vanilla that really captures me. I'm looking forward to maybe actually playing a campaign to completion!

Also, it's great to see how frequently you respond to your fans, and how you seem to genuinely take their feedback into consideration (even if it is going in a different direction than what you intended). I'll definitely let you know if something strikes me as odd or unbalanced as I play.

Thanks so much for your efforts and for helping to make this game playable again.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567