Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Feedback & Feature Requests

Libertus

Default Re: Feedback & Feature Requests

Quote Originally Posted by rgreat View Post
    Whats wrong in 4TPY?
    I think it is best mode.
    The only "problem" is more end turn pressing while waiting for units to replenish or techs to research. I love 4TPY but would love 2TPY even more, but only if it's not winter every other turn. It's just brutal

Quote Originally Posted by Silven View Post
    @Doyce7
    I've looked around a little bit in the tables for any hints at what might allow it, but I haven't pursued it in earnest yet. To be honest, 4tpy is starting to grow on me.

@Kshar
    Ask and you shall receive! I increased the error% for artillery projectiles. When STIM 3.4 releases, all artillery should be anywhere from 10-25% more inaccurate. A bit of an oversight on my part considering I made all the infantry and cavalry based projectiles less accurate, but never thought to do the same for artillery.
    Hi Silven. I tested out artillary a bit today, and it is much improved. That being said in my opinion it is still too accurate. If there is no way to discourage the ai from building them without completely removing them, perhaps a 50% accuracy cut from the original values would be better.

cheers

edit: or at least reduce the probability they build siege/artillary units
    editx2: It also appears rather comically that the factions that choose to be hvy on the artillery side, are the barbarian ones ....
    Last edited by Kshar; May 30, 2014 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doyce7 View Post
    The only "problem" is more end turn pressing while waiting for units to replenish or techs to research. I love 4TPY but would love 2TPY even more, but only if it's not winter every other turn. It's just brutal
    Hmm, you want research tree to be finished before you capture half of the world?
    And whats wrong with replenishing units? It's only takes 2-3 turns.
    Do you want your army to be always at full strength?

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by rgreat View Post
    Hmm, you want research tree to be finished before you capture half of the world?
    And whats wrong with replenishing units? It's only takes 2-3 turns.
    Do you want your army to be always at full strength?
    Actually I've seen at times it take over 5 turns to replenish, not a big deal though I often disband really depleted units and recruit new ones if I need more men quickly. Unless its a really vet unit.
    I just don't like that if I have 2 armies and they each take a city in the same turn, they are both pretty much stuck there for 5 or so turns to wait for buildings to be complete. Again not a big deal but SOMETIMES 4TPY can bog down a bit and you have 4 or 5 turns of pressing the endturn button. I guess to some degree I just need more patience

Well, that's a sub-product of the basic Rome-II issue: you can't manage garrisons.

If i could create unmovable garrison armies in any town, i would be happy.

Cavalier's Avatar Vicarius

Any thoughts on perhaps giving a +1 to +4 public order bonus to Mustering Halls? Kinda makes sense, in my opinion. Such as +1 public order for the first level, +2 for the second level and so on.
    August Strindberg: "There's a view, current at the moment even among quite sensible people, that women, that secondary form of humanity (second to men, the lords and shapers of human civilisation) should in some way become equal with men, or could so be; this is leading to a struggle which is both bizarre and doomed. It's bizarre because a secondary form, by the laws of science, is always going to be a secondary form. Imagine two people, A (a man) and B (a woman). They start to run a race from the same point, C. A (the man) has a speed of, let's say, 100; B (the woman) has a speed of 60. Now, the question is 'Can B ever overtake A?" and the answer is 'Never!'. Whatever training, encouragement or self-denial is applied, the proposition is as impossible as that two parallel lines should ever meet."

)

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
    Any thoughts on perhaps giving a +1 to +4 public order bonus to Mustering Halls? Kinda makes sense, in my opinion. Such as +1 public order for the first level, +2 for the second level and so on.
    Can you elaborate more on why it is needed and how it will improve balance? And for which culture do you think it should be for?

Can you elaborate more on why it is needed and how it will improve balance? And for which culture do you think it should be for?
    I don't know really, just a thought I had, lol. But now that I think about it, it's quite un-needed as it'd throw of balance slightly.
    August Strindberg: "There's a view, current at the moment even among quite sensible people, that women, that secondary form of humanity (second to men, the lords and shapers of human civilisation) should in some way become equal with men, or could so be; this is leading to a struggle which is both bizarre and doomed. It's bizarre because a secondary form, by the laws of science, is always going to be a secondary form. Imagine two people, A (a man) and B (a woman). They start to run a race from the same point, C. A (the man) has a speed of, let's say, 100; B (the woman) has a speed of 60. Now, the question is 'Can B ever overtake A?" and the answer is 'Never!'. Whatever training, encouragement or self-denial is applied, the proposition is as impossible as that two parallel lines should ever meet."

Silven, what do you think about adding some extra default siege equipment to the AI? Seeing as they do not really conduct a siege for more than 0 turns, and in some very rare occasions siege for +1 turns, wouldn't it be prudent to add perhaps a default ram and some extra ladders to the default siege equipment?

Or, if possible, perhaps you could increase the likelihood of the AI besieging for a turn or two?

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

Its a good idea. I'll look into seeing if its possible to extend the amount of time the AI favors holding the siege.

Its a good idea. I'll look into seeing if its possible to extend the amount of time the AI favors holding the siege.
    Thanks!

Gotta' say this makes Rome II enjoyable again for me. Only one thing comes to mind - battles seem to take ages. I don't mind long battles, but it seems a little off to be honest. Is this intended?

Really? For me the battles are quite ok the way they are. Most battles can be finished in less than 10 minutes, even for siege attacks for capital cities with a large number of defenders you can finish it within 20 minutes, mostly. ok, that's for normal or hard level, perhaps in higher levels you'll have to spend more time.But one thing, that needs a little bit adjustment, is the expansion rate of the major factions. It's cool to see Rome, Carthage, Macedon and the other major factions grow when controlled by AI, but for some factions it looks kind of extreme. E.g. after 50 rounds the Suebi control all provinces east of Rhine and north of the Alpes. Perhaps the bonus for major factions could be reduced a little bit?

Battles can last a long time in defensive postures, goes down hill fast when you start flanking and etc, which is how it should be I think. I agree a little bit about major factions. Ive started quite a few campaigns and every single one the Arverni takes west of the rhine down into iberia, and the Suebi take everything east of the rhine, down to the Alps, really quickly. Nova Carthago seems to make massive empires too. I still don't see Rome expanding much. Even in my Odryssian campaign, where Rome and Carthage are military allies (O.o) Rome never made it past Cisalpina before the Arverni and Suebi empires come crashing down on them.

This is nice mod with the right amount of everything.I found DEI to be too slow...but this here is to my taste.My suggestions would be:
    1. Javlinmen base dmg should be buffed a little...right now its somewhere like 20-24.Somewhere in the late 20's or early 30's would be good.
    2. Barb factions r spamming ballistaes..like 4-5 in one stack.Needs a fix.
    3.Cavalry r unbeatable or they just go down very slow...right now only pikes kill them quick enough.How about increasing the "bonus against large"stat for all spearmen so that they have place on the battlefield.

Loving how routing works...with ppl dying quickly.Loving how the ranged projectiles r treated...they r no more like in shogun.Good luck with ur future work with this mod.

Libertus

Default Rebel armies doesnt attack towns

I am playing a campaign as Rome (Julia) (STIM 3.4) and now at turn 94 I have managed to "create" two rebel armies just next to two towns with no army in them, only the local garrison to protect them. One of the rebel armies are 20 unit in sice and the other is just growing to 12.
    Non of the rebel armies seem to have any interest in attacking the nearby towns!
    I have spent years of sneaky agent operations to create the revolts and now they dont even try to take over the towns. Very annoying! My plan was to make the rebels take the towns so that I can take them from the rebels.

Edit:
    Ballistas are more accurate than a modern field artillery. Some armies have 4 or more ballistas and they totally destroy any unit trying to take them out. I tried to sneak in with 6 units of cavalry and they where almost wiped out before they could attack. Also, for some reason ballistas crew seem to have kevlar protection because they are the only unit to hold off an attack from my cavalry. I think they should be greatly nerfed, both accuracy and crew protection.
    Last edited by vitmar; June 15, 2014 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Added ballistas

Feature or perhaps a submod for 2 skill points / level on Agents and Generals? I feel it allows for greater flexibility in generals. You can have a general focus on a specific tree should you wish but, it gives you the option to dip into other trees allowing for multiple generals with night battles, siege skills, admin skills, and so on.

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

@NoDebate

Hellbents TTT mod works with STIM, and it will allow you to spend 2 points per level on agents etc.

hey sillven.. i currently playing this mod with chaploo unit pack, twh unit pack, major faction guaranteed, etc.. i relly enjoy this. i try DeI, Radious, rome 2 total realism,but this is my favorite. the problem with dei is i think that the infantry 1 on 1 combat is useless, i mean you cant kill if you have same units you need to flank them and some times only cavalry units got 100+ kills. in radious the game is fast, that the 15mins is longest battle ive played.. the rome 2 total realism is good but i dont like the fact that artillery deals less damage..

and this mod.. average battle 1 on 1 units and also you need to flank the enemy... sorry for the english im from asia.. but i just want to say that this is the best mod ive ever played.. iwish that you will update the units silven

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast