Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Feedback & Feature Requests

Cavalier's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Feedback & Feature Requests

Quote Originally Posted by Silven View Post
    Ya, after extensive play-testing of my own, and the feedback from more than a few of you, I've decided to get rid of it. Forced March will be removed and Base Movement Ranges will be increased to compensate in the next patch.

KAM I'm surprised to see you in here! I thought you were a pretty avid DeI supporter? At any rate I appreciate your feedback!
    I don't think the BMR should be increased by a lot for armies. Perhaps by ~10%? I mean, placing an agent in the army with the Zeal trait already increases the BMR by 5-18%. I don't know, just thinking loudly
    August Strindberg: "There's a view, current at the moment even among quite sensible people, that women, that secondary form of humanity (second to men, the lords and shapers of human civilisation) should in some way become equal with men, or could so be; this is leading to a struggle which is both bizarre and doomed. It's bizarre because a secondary form, by the laws of science, is always going to be a secondary form. Imagine two people, A (a man) and B (a woman). They start to run a race from the same point, C. A (the man) has a speed of, let's say, 100; B (the woman) has a speed of 60. Now, the question is 'Can B ever overtake A?" and the answer is 'Never!'. Whatever training, encouragement or self-denial is applied, the proposition is as impossible as that two parallel lines should ever meet."

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
    I don't think the BMR should be increased by a lot for armies. Perhaps by ~10%? I mean, placing an agent in the army with the Zeal trait already increases the BMR by 5-18%. I don't know, just thinking loudly
    Moderation is the keyword with this mod as always my friend. I was thinking somewhere along the lines of 20%. I'll test it out and make sure it stays reasonable.

Sounds good!
    August Strindberg: "There's a view, current at the moment even among quite sensible people, that women, that secondary form of humanity (second to men, the lords and shapers of human civilisation) should in some way become equal with men, or could so be; this is leading to a struggle which is both bizarre and doomed. It's bizarre because a secondary form, by the laws of science, is always going to be a secondary form. Imagine two people, A (a man) and B (a woman). They start to run a race from the same point, C. A (the man) has a speed of, let's say, 100; B (the woman) has a speed of 60. Now, the question is 'Can B ever overtake A?" and the answer is 'Never!'. Whatever training, encouragement or self-denial is applied, the proposition is as impossible as that two parallel lines should ever meet."

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

KAM I'm surprised to see you in here! I thought you were a pretty avid DeI supporter? At any rate I appreciate your feedback!
    My girlfriend was having one of her 2 hour showers so I had much spare time and hovered through some other mods Despite the fact that I am posting on this forum very often, I have mostly around 1-3 hours per week to play so that is why I mostly stayed with DeI, hopefully I will have some more free time to play your mod too

In general I suport everything that aims at realism and has it's own vision
    Last edited by KAM 2150; May 15, 2014 at 06:41 AM.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

So glad to hear forced march being removed!

I've noticed during settlement battles the AI seems to only attack where your army is. They make no attempt to go around, attack multiple routes. The AI even had their cavalry charge over and over and over, until they died against my shield screened Spear Bands. They hardly ever hold reserves either, just throw everything into one chokepoint, even in vi Once in awhile they will break off a few groups to deal with any flankers, but this happens rarely.

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

Unfortunately very little can be done by modders to directly change the behaviors and decisions of AI on the battle map. Things like this are hardcoded.

Otherwise the broken siege AI would have been fixed by modders a lonnnngggg time ago.

Silven, you added seasons to the grand campaign a couple of versions ago, however I was wondering why did you not include winter attrition for armies away from cities, did it simply slip your mind or did you never intend to include it in the first place.

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

I haven't modded anything involving seasons. Armies will suffer winter attrition when off the main roads just as in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseW01f View Post
    Silven, you added seasons to the grand campaign a couple of versions ago, however I was wondering why did you not include winter attrition for armies away from cities, did it simply slip your mind or did you never intend to include it in the first place.
    When armies native to warmer locations, such as Greece, march through the Alps(for example) during winter, they'll suffer attrition. CA added it at patch 10 or 11

Quote Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
    When armies native to warmer locations, such as Greece, march through the Alps(for example) during winter, they'll suffer attrition. CA added it at patch 10 or 11
    What you are referring to is called mountain pass attrition which is working perfectly fine, I am talking about the kind of winter attrition we see in the Cesar in Gaul campaign, where if an army moves away from a settlement it will suffer attrition because of the winter conditions. I tried testing this every single winter in my grand campaign as Suebi, and while they do have some units which are immune to cold, their remaining units should still suffer attrition during the winter. In the grand campaign they will only suffer attrition during the winter period if moved to a mountain pass, such as the one you mentioned in the Alps. Even if they are moved in the forest in a region which is experiencing harsh winter there will be 0 winter attrition.

Any chance of adding more traits to this mod?

After a long period of not playing R2 I played vanilla for a while and then decided to go back to mods. I tried Toon's All in one but it just felt a little unpolished so I tried DeI. As much as I love that mod the battles are just far, far too long, especially in the context of siege defences where you don't really have the opportunity to do what DeI needs to win battles (get cav out on the wings, continuous flanking etc) and so they ultimately came down to armies just grinding against eachother till one lost. Then I remembered this little gem, the first mod I ever played, and it seems to be a great in-between of fast-paced action vs slow, overly long combat, and of course it's got 4TPY, stronger garrisons etc.

That said the thing that I feel is majorly lacking is DeI's trait system! It's truly a great addition to the "general game" as it really allows for different characters to be suited for truly different roles, give them their own abilities and personalities, so to speak. Is there any chance of this mod having that added in, or knowing if it's possible for me to just throw it into my game? Thanks!

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseW01f View Post
    What you are referring to is called mountain pass attrition which is working perfectly fine, I am talking about the kind of winter attrition we see in the Cesar in Gaul campaign, where if an army moves away from a settlement it will suffer attrition because of the winter conditions. I tried testing this every single winter in my grand campaign as Suebi, and while they do have some units which are immune to cold, their remaining units should still suffer attrition during the winter. In the grand campaign they will only suffer attrition during the winter period if moved to a mountain pass, such as the one you mentioned in the Alps. Even if they are moved in the forest in a region which is experiencing harsh winter there will be 0 winter attrition.
    The Suebi Units are all immune to cold attrition. I'm unfamiliar with the way winter attrition works in CiG as I don't own that DLC. But in the grand campaign it has always been the case that units that belong to factions that live in cold (or hot) conditions are always immune to the attrition conditions of that type (extreme winter or extreme summer).

Quote Originally Posted by Aenima View Post
    Any chance of adding more traits to this mod?

After a long period of not playing R2 I played vanilla for a while and then decided to go back to mods. I tried Toon's All in one but it just felt a little unpolished so I tried DeI. As much as I love that mod the battles are just far, far too long, especially in the context of siege defences where you don't really have the opportunity to do what DeI needs to win battles (get cav out on the wings, continuous flanking etc) and so they ultimately came down to armies just grinding against eachother till one lost. Then I remembered this little gem, the first mod I ever played, and it seems to be a great in-between of fast-paced action vs slow, overly long combat, and of course it's got 4TPY, stronger garrisons etc.

That said the thing that I feel is majorly lacking is DeI's trait system! It's truly a great addition to the "general game" as it really allows for different characters to be suited for truly different roles, give them their own abilities and personalities, so to speak. Is there any chance of this mod having that added in, or knowing if it's possible for me to just throw it into my game? Thanks!
    I'm not entirely certain, but doesn't DeI just use Hellbent's TTT mod? I think the trait overhaul comes from that mod, so if you wanted those changes you could just run TTT with my mod.

I'm not entirely certain, but doesn't DeI just use Hellbent's TTT mod? I think the trait overhaul comes from that mod, so if you wanted those changes you could just run TTT with my mod.
    That's right, and TTT is fully compatible with STIM.

Good call, just subbing to that has got it working now, thanks for the advice!

One last thing, does this mod allow for all factions to do conquered diplomatic actions? Ie playing as Rome am I able to liberate factions or do I need to get Dresden's submod for that?

You need the submod.

Libertus

Hey Silven, just out of sheer curiosity have you tinkered with finding a way to do 2TPY without having only 2 seasons? Also have you thought about(don't know if even possible) making it to where transports can not attack other ships. It's fine that they can be attacked but the AI always wants to attack my navies with transports and get destroyed. Every time I get close to a port with my navy to do a land and sea assault, the AI army comes out to assack my navy and then the battle is too easy. Just a thought.

Siege artillery in this mod is still far to powerful in field battles, this primarily amounts to an issue of accuracy. Some celtic armies (with ballistas) showed up today, 3-5 an army, and combined they can demolish a unit in a minute or two, with 80ish % of shots hitting something. Even cavalry moving at speed across the field can be sniped, this ancient era artillery is far more effective and accurate than anything up to the 20th century.

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

@Doyce7
    I've looked around a little bit in the tables for any hints at what might allow it, but I haven't pursued it in earnest yet. To be honest, 4tpy is starting to grow on me.

@Kshar
    Ask and you shall receive! I increased the error% for artillery projectiles. When STIM 3.4 releases, all artillery should be anywhere from 10-25% more inaccurate. A bit of an oversight on my part considering I made all the infantry and cavalry based projectiles less accurate, but never thought to do the same for artillery.

@Doyce7
    I've looked around a little bit in the tables for any hints at what might allow it, but I haven't pursued it in earnest yet. To be honest, 4tpy is starting to grow on me.

@Kshar
    Ask and you shall receive! I increased the error% for artillery projectiles. When STIM 3.4 releases, all artillery should be anywhere from 10-25% more inaccurate. A bit of an oversight on my part considering I made all the infantry and cavalry based projectiles less accurate, but never thought to do the same for artillery.
    Thanks Silven, I will check it out today.

Whats wrong in 4TPY?
    I think it is best mode.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast