Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1530313233343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: {DIK} Discussion

Default Re: {DIK} Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Aneirin View Post
    Pretty awesome how Der Böse Wolf gots down in action with the pikes. I have never tried such maneuvers back in the days, when I was creating DIK.
    I would have never imagined after implementing the AI tweaks by Germanicu (hope that was his name), that the AI will make such maneuvers

Basically, I used several AI tweaks but all of them were implemented in the one from Germanicu.
    I guess I have to take some off time this weekend to give DIK a try

As for the discussion about the naming for the Swiss, don't make a fuss about it, I just took some random names, which I thought where cool.

Best regards
    Aneirin
    It's my pleasure to contribute even in such an insignificant way to the general appeal of this truly EXCELLENT mod.

And thank you and your team for this tremendous work.

Hervorragende Arbeit!

PS: it would me superb if you could fix the couple of unit cards displaying a peasant unit from Rome 1
    Frei zu sein, bedarf ist wenig, nur wer frei ist, ist ein König.

Current Hotseat:
    Britannia: The Isles of Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    An interesting guide on the halberds has been just published here. I've got no idea if it applies to the DIK - it perhaps depend on how much Aenerin has modified this mod.
    Great guide, repped the OP.

But in DIK, this is not needed as the pikes work as intended.

Not sure about the halberds though. I didn't test it.

Current Hotseat:

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

Quote Originally Posted by Der Böse Wolf View Post
    It's my pleasure to contribute even in such an insignificant way to the general appeal of this truly EXCELLENT mod.

And thank you and your team for this tremendous work.

Hervorragende Arbeit!

PS: it would me superb if you could fix the couple of unit cards displaying a peasant unit from Rome 1
    Thank's for the praise, very appreciated!

As for the fixing of these issues I am afraid I simply don't have the time for it.
    I'd really love to see the Condottiere Contract working. I imagine it to be quite cool to fight as a Bolognese Condottiere in service of a greater lord.
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

Hello Aneirin, my friend, I have come back to play DIK recently I'm currently playing as Venice and might have spent way too much money on condottiere, so my finances are deeply in the red. That seems to be the case for most factions, though, only the rebellious Peasantry and Spain are making decent money. Unfortunately, the Borgia pope died pretty quickly again, and with him the whole Papal State. This paved the way for Siena to become the dominant power of central Italy Genoa, too, fell apart and is now a part of the Duchy of Milan.
    As for myself, I've found myself under constant attacks from the Ragusans. Not even two epic victories for my troops could convince them of a ceasefire which I badly need. But Venetian arms shall not be defeated. Viva San Marco!
    Last edited by Mausolos of Caria; June 21, 2019 at 07:02 PM.
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

Thank's for the praise, very appreciated!

As for the fixing of these issues I am afraid I simply don't have the time for it.
    I'd really love to see the Condottiere Contract working. I imagine it to be quite cool to fight as a Bolognese Condottiere in service of a greater lord.
    Oh yes, the Condottiere Script would be tremendous.
    Any plans on working on it?

Current Hotseat:

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!
    Artifex

Could you elaborate a bit, Aenerin, what do you mean here?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Böse Wolf View Post
    Oh yes, the Condottiere Script would be tremendous.
    Any plans on working on it?
    Missing is the payment, otherwise the script is complete.

Could you elaborate a bit, Aenerin, what do you mean here?
    Referring to an incident in 1537, here my research concerning the event:
    In July 1537, a ship carrying letters from Venice for the count of Kotor to be relayed to the Venetian bailo (ambassador) in Constantinople stopped to shelter in Slano and, being unable to continue because of the weather, the captain decided to send the Venetian dispatches overland to Kotor by messenger. Trivulzio learned of this from a Ragusan noble, Petar Pucic, and arranged to have one of this agents rob the messenger while he was staying the night at an inn in Konavle. The letters, which were in code, were brought to Trivulzio who in turn sent them on to the French ambassador to the Porte. The Frenchman not only deciphered and read them but told the Turkish pasha of Valona, where he was staying, what they contained. Dubrovnik, meanwhile, learned of what had happened and immediately sent a messenger to retrieve the letters, which the government now transmitted to the count of Kotor. The government apologized profusely to Venice and, in spite of the intervention of the Porte, severely punished Pucic. Venice responded by seizing Ragusan ships carrying grain for the city. […]The Venetian government, therefore, ordered the seizure of all Ragusan ships heading for harbors and, from its base on Korčula, a Venetian fleet enforced a strict blockade on Dubrovnik, provoking Ragusan protests. Finally, in February 1540, one of Dubrovnik’s ships loaded with grain managed to slip through the cordon. Only when the Venetians sought a separate peace with the Porte could the Turks insist that the blockade of Dubrovnik be lifted and its ships and cargoes restored.

It's an event for the Republic of Ragusa

Nice detail!

Morrowgan's Avatar Ordinarius

oh damn it's alive
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    Nice detail!
    Cheers, mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Morrowgan View Post
    oh damn it's alive
    Let's just say I had some time to spare

Artifex

Let's just say I had some time to spare
    Yep, I was actually interested in this. I keep my fingers crossed for you, you've devoted so much time, it's worth just finish it off in a spare time :-)

Yep, I was actually interested in this. I keep my fingers crossed for you, you've devoted so much time, it's worth just finish it off in a spare time :-)
    I see, I'll surely try my very best

Current state:
    - added two new traits: Condotta - Condottiere, Former Condottiere
    - changed Bolognese diplomat to: 'Filippo Balduino'
    - changed hidden resource of Mirandola Province -> north_italy
    - changed age of Agostino Adorno to 52
    - altered the priest, heretic, witch conversion to a minimum
    - added missing diplomacy speech for Spain, Turks
    - added missing merchant_clerk ancillary icon
    - made port building queue available for the newly added minor factions
    - adjusted Swabian League & Ferrara AI profile
    - added missing Printing Press/House building description
    - added plague events to Ragusa
    - adjusted faction standings of Ragusa and Kingdom of Naples (in a positive way)
    - added earthquakes to Bologna
    - adjusted the heir title script, to a less buggy state
    - added Ragusan Diplomat Traits
    - added events for Ragusa: Kharaj, Jews of Portugal, No ship is save, The English Clothings, Trade with the Egyptians, Plot of Ston, A letter too far
    - added two missing names for Ragusa
    - added events for Bologna: Tasse degli Ebrei,

That comes as a surprise, but it's a rather nice one. Have you considered getting into contant with LEVZIE, the creator of the Russian standalone submod, as regards permission to use, let's say, their new battle map settlements?
    Last edited by Elendil 03; August 18, 2019 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elendil 03 View Post
    That comes as a surprise, but it's a rather nice one. Have you considered getting into contant with LEVZIE, the creator of the Russian standalone submod, as regards permission to use, let's say, their new battle map settlements?
    Well, happy to surprise you
    As for your question, the answer is no, I won't, simply because the effort is too much compared to my limited time.

Artifex

I've got an impression that the Russian other submod (Bulat Steel) had some problems with intellectual property, to put it mildly. Even the link seems to be removed from the TWC. I may be erring, of course.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; August 18, 2019 at 03:37 PM.

I've got an impression that the Russian other submod (Bulat Steel) had some problems with intellectual property, to put it mildly. Even the link seems to be removed from the TWC. I may be erring, of course.
    That's a common problem with Russian mods ^^
    I've never got asked for permission either

Whoops. OK, that's some... interesting practices exercised over there.

Wallachian's Avatar Tribunus

Hey guys so yes the Russian mods are well known for taking material without permission (the case of Bulat Steel is quite notorious). However, in the case of the Italian Wars the mod was made by LEZVIE as a submod of the Italian Wars. I opened up the thread for that mod in the Released Mods section as I thought that it gave more visibility and more people could enjoy it (even though it is in Russian which makes it extremely hard to enjoy, i just play custom battles as the campaign is too difficult without knowing at least the cyrilic alphabet).

LEZVIE himself has posted images of the mod several times in this subforum. He basically took the Italian Wars mod and created completely new units, buildings, strat map models, battle map models etc. Everything is completely made by him and no ohter material from any other mods was used.

If you want the mod deleted from the Released Mods section and added to the submods section here than let me know and i will ask the moderators to delete that thread.

Ah I see, thank's for sorting things out!
    Well, as it is a submod for Italian Wars, I'd say it should be posted here, should it not?
    If you could do that, it would be really appreciated

Wallachian's Avatar Tribunus

Sure, no problems. Will post it here.