Well, I have something like that

Code:
    tga_width = 1024
    campaign_resolution = 1360 768
    battle_resolution = 1360 768
    Or just have a look here!
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

Default Re: {DIK} Battle Beta - Download

How do you make full screen shots like that?

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

In menu during battle under options

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

Default Re: {DIK}Discussion

I have only just discovered your mod, but it looks very interesting I will make sure to test it in the upcoming days and keep track of your progress
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

Laetus

Is this a patch or a full version?

Either way, good work! Can't wait to try it

stoogeofstooges's Avatar Decanus

For some reason the Dismounted French Archers are showing up odd. The texture seems smudged over the model. I looked up the battlemodels.modeldb entry and the Dismounted French archers have a single model they use along with some of your textures. Could this be a model-mismatching glitch?

EDIT: Just realized there was a bug thread. Moving this post over there.

Very well
    Looking forwar to your report

Quote Originally Posted by gordo245 View Post
    Is this a patch or a full version?

Either way, good work! Can't wait to try it
    This is a full version.
    You are only able to play quick battles and custom battles

P.S. This thread is only for screens NOT for questions or discussion, many thanks
    Last edited by Aneirin; August 06, 2014 at 11:11 PM.

@Neadal, looks good! Thank you for your work! I'm looking forward for the Full 4.0 Version.

Greets Marc

NOTE: Please, only screenshots in the Battle Beta Thread, many thanks!
    Last edited by Aneirin; August 07, 2014 at 02:54 AM.

Thank's for your praise

So take some screenshots and post them for the competition

Libertus

Is possibe to add drum's sound effects to pikemen units in march?

We also thought about it but you have to add the drum sound to the normal marching sound which is quite difficult..

After playing the mod a bit, I noticed the following:

- The map is very good and I love how you included all these islands and the choice of towns Furthermore, the forts add another level
    - I was glad to see all these historical characters and from what I have seen so far (e.g. the two Borgias) they also got realistic traits and retinue Speaking about retinue, I like the feature of certain titles as the duke of a certain town
    - Unluckily Rodrigo/Pope Alexander died after the first turn. I guess this is just bad luck, or can you give him a higher chance of survival? It makes more fun if he doesn't die 10 years early
    - There are still too many brigands with too good troops around for my liking. It slows down the player a lot at the beginning (which might be a challenge, but after a while they become a bit annoying) and with the rather tough economical side of the mod (which is good for itself) it leads to many turns I had ended really quickly
    - Will you still add new factions? With that splendid map I guess there would still be place for Ragusa, Pisa, Genova, Mantua etc. or whatever faction. But since I am a member of a mod team myself, I will be patient

That's it for now, I hope it is helpful
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Thank's a lot for your report

About your question for new factions... well, what we consider for the next version after 4.0 is a kind of minor faction, for example Genoa or as you mentioned Ragusa. These minor factions won't be playable, they will act quite passive and do not attack any other factions, except they are attacked, so they defend theirselves.

I don't think that we will add any playable faction because the map is quite at its limit, BUT maybe a kind of barbary states in north Africa

Kein Problem Ja das klingt doch gut. (Not sure if German is allowed ). Right now it just feels like a bit of an overkill with rebel armies, both brigands spawning in your own land and all the rebel cities and armies around you. Personally I wouldn't say that the map is too narrow for more factions, but of course you have to decide that after your own liking. I can just say that I've always searched a good Renaissance mod (especially around Italy) and this one looks by far the most promising

Haha
    hmm... till yet nobody complained about that issue, but I will have a closer look at it

That's why we consider these "minor factions". In case we would add them as "normal" and fully playable factions, this would be quite to much for our map. But if they own just one province or maybe two and defend them, this will add more depth to the whole game and open up new possibilities for events and scripts

Libertus

I agree, too small for a faction for campaign.

Maybe a good idea is an "italian minor states" faction for only custom battles, as I said for England.
    So a faction that simple "assemble" italian minor nations units, just to simulate and represent small minor members of leagues ( League Cognac, Saint Leaugue, Cambrai Leauge, ecc. ) as Savoy, Mantova, Genoa, Saluzzo, Pescara ecc.

Libertus

I forgot to say...Genoa, Saluzzo, Mantova, Urbino, ecc. and other minor states never fought alone ( maybe just some very small battles ) and never had a really indipendence in political decisions. So they always aggregate their little army to bigs Boys as France or the Empire ( Pavia or Scanngallo examples ). They didn't have too much money for make great army in this period and they are not political strong as XV century.

I think the spawning of brigands can be reduced (other mods did it), as Hungary I never fought the Turks so far, but only criminal brigands on my own streets who had better soldiers than me

Super factions are also a good idea, yes. Probably you could add minor factions in Genova, Ragusa & Tunisia so there are less empty spaces Or Pisa and Nola/Amalfi.

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    Moderator Emeritus

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

In fact the minor independent powers such as the smaller principalities and the republics of Genova, Lucca, etc. are implemented as said strong rebel garrisons. Naturally they put up more resistance to invaders, resulting in the conquest of northern Italy being a much harder job to do.

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Mausolos of Caria View Post
    I think the spawning of brigands can be reduced (other mods did it), as Hungary I never fought the Turks so far, but only criminal brigands on my own streets who had better soldiers than me

Super factions are also a good idea, yes. Probably you could add minor factions in Genova, Ragusa & Tunisia so there are less empty spaces Or Pisa and Nola/Amalfi.
    Personally I didn't play with Hungary, but I think that this is not so far from real History.

Rebels and "Briganti", as balkan slavs Hajduk, were a big problem in this area in XVI century ( also XVII ), as arab pirates " Saraceni" of Khayr al-Din "Barbarossa" in my central-southern Italy in tirrenian sea ( and uskoks "uscocchi" in adriatic sea ).
    These Hajduk had strong army as you can see here for example http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starina_Novak
    Many Serbs and Croats didn't like the Hungarian or Ottoman control and they revolted and attacked these nations everyday.

Saraceni pirates also destroyed many cities here with strong fleet and armies. Now here we still remember them as a nightmare for our cities.